Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 4/8/2016 6:00:00 PM

This bronzer is a recent addition to my make-up routine and I love it. It originally came about when I wanted to try the whole "contouring" thing but already had a shimmer highlighter, matte white eyeshadow (which I use as highlighter), and pink leopard bronzing blush which I use everyday. So virtually no need for the cocoa contour palette when it came out.

I started using this in "chocolate sole: medium/deep" to contour and it is the perfect color to subtly sculpt my fair/light complexion. It's awesome. This is a new part of my daily routine.

on 4/3/2016 8:30:00 PM

My all time fave bronzer. I wear this year round. It has zero shimmer in it and is such an awesome bronzer. Very matte texture and buildable. Love it!

on 4/2/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Close, but no cigar. Still greatly prefer the NYC Sunny Bronzer and Bobbi Brown's Bronzer in Medium. If you have light skin tone with yellow undertones, go with those. If you have a cool tone, this, Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Natural, and Hoola will probably work better for you.

Pros:
matte
natural-looking

Cons:
scented (chocolate)
not great for warm-toned skins
too subtle and almost ashy

on 3/19/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As hyped as this product is, I kind of feared that my expectations would be too high and I'd just be like "meh". This really is the perfect bronzer, though. I'm fair skinned, and I probably could've gone with the milk chocolate one, but I'd rather use this and go a bit easy on the bronzer during the winter months, than having to buy another bronzer for summer when I've gotten too tanned to use the milk chocolate one. It smells gorgeously of chocolate - not too sweet and not too much of it, just a lovely hint of it whenever you open the compact. It goes on evenly and is easy to blend. And best of all: not a hint of orange in sight. I've used the Benefit Hoola religiously for contouring before, but lately I've found myself reaching for this to use for both contouring and bronzing, to get a softer look. It's not strictly a contouring shade, but it works if you're not looking to create really intense contours. Also, Too Faced is cruelty free which means I will be repurchasing this, while I won't repurchase the Benefit one once I run out. I don't have too much more to add, I feel like everything has been said about this product already. The one thing that I can find to "complain" about (I'm reaching here) would be that the packaging photographs better than it looks irl. It's very cute, but it's also a little bit more plastic-y than I expected from having seen photos of it.

on 3/16/2016 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love the smell of this bronzer. I would want to purchase again actually but cost is a bit high. It is very nice.

Love this bronzer! Very easy to blend and smells amazing!

I know many people love the smell of this but I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan of anything fragrant on my face even if it's natural. That aside its a beautiful bronzer. I have no complaints

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I rarely ever give products for the face glowing reviews. I am usually on the fence about the product for a while before I either get rid of it or grow to love it. I loved this product instantly, and will probably purchase this forever!
My skin: NC30, normal skin type
My uses for the product: defining/light contouring, natural darkening of skin
The product: shows up as a greyish brown when swatched on my hand, but looks warmer on the skin. Previously I had used this limited edition MAC bronzer that had strong golden undertones. I realized recently as I was finishing it up that it was a little orange looking at times and did NOT work as a defining product powder. At best it worked as a blush. I use this on my face either on my cheekbones or under it. It is marketed as a bronzer but it works as a contour for warmer tones. Looks natural and gives a warm, well-made up face look with minimal effort because it's so blendable. It smells good but not too strong. Lasted about 11 hours with Urban Decay setting spray

on 1/13/2016 9:53:00 PM

This is my HG bronzer for contouring. It's not orange at all so you can use it to contour or just as an all over bronzer. I love how it smells like chocolate and its really hard to over do it so you don't have to super careful when applying. I will purchase this again.

on 1/12/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this bronzer. It suits my skin perfectly, it warms it up, it lasts all day, looks natural and it is very flattering. It also smells amazinggg!