Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 5/26/2016 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know people LOVE this bronzer, but for me, I hated it! The color was splotchy on my oily skin even with a powder base. But worst of all, the reason for returning it and the reason for 1 star review is the SMELL. I don't understand how people like the smell! Yes it smells like chocolate, but it's that fake chocolate scented marker or fake hot chocolate powder smell. It's so sickeningly sweet. I tried it and went for a walk, as soon as I warmed up and my makeup warmed up, it's all I could smell. I know many will disagree and if you like it, I'm glad but I just could not do this bronzer.

I have used the other two chocolate bronzers and this is by far the BEST. It is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. I am medium skin tone with blondish hair. I love the Too Faced collections, and had a bronzer wardrobe. I still have some left, and use both chocolate ones often. When I saw this, I had to have it. It goes on a bit dark, so you do have to blend well. I put mine on with a Sephora professional bronzer brush and then at the end after putting all my make up on. I use the Smashbox Telephoto brush to blend. I am also addicted to the chocolate smell!

on 4/16/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not really sure where I'm going wrong with this bronzer as I don't seem to like it quite as much as everyone else reviewing it does!
I bought it because i heard fabulous things and I wanted a bronzer without any shimmer or orange tones in it. I love the smell, the packaging and really liked the look of the colour, however, when I put it on my face it goes patchy every time. I always make sure my foundation is dry before applying, I have tried over powder, under powder, with multiple brushes and every time it goes streaky and I find it almost impossible to blend. I'm so disappointed as it gets such good reviews, now that I've bought it I will continue to persevere and hope I begin to love it, but at this point I don't think I'd buy it again.
I also think it's very expensive for a bronzer, it costs just as much as my chanel foundation!

on 4/8/2016 6:00:00 PM

This bronzer is a recent addition to my make-up routine and I love it. It originally came about when I wanted to try the whole "contouring" thing but already had a shimmer highlighter, matte white eyeshadow (which I use as highlighter), and pink leopard bronzing blush which I use everyday. So virtually no need for the cocoa contour palette when it came out.

I started using this in "chocolate sole: medium/deep" to contour and it is the perfect color to subtly sculpt my fair/light complexion. It's awesome. This is a new part of my daily routine.

on 4/3/2016 8:30:00 PM

My all time fave bronzer. I wear this year round. It has zero shimmer in it and is such an awesome bronzer. Very matte texture and buildable. Love it!

on 4/2/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Close, but no cigar. Still greatly prefer the NYC Sunny Bronzer and Bobbi Brown's Bronzer in Medium. If you have light skin tone with yellow undertones, go with those. If you have a cool tone, this, Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Natural, and Hoola will probably work better for you.

Pros:
matte
natural-looking

Cons:
scented (chocolate)
not great for warm-toned skins
too subtle and almost ashy

on 3/19/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As hyped as this product is, I kind of feared that my expectations would be too high and I'd just be like "meh". This really is the perfect bronzer, though. I'm fair skinned, and I probably could've gone with the milk chocolate one, but I'd rather use this and go a bit easy on the bronzer during the winter months, than having to buy another bronzer for summer when I've gotten too tanned to use the milk chocolate one. It smells gorgeously of chocolate - not too sweet and not too much of it, just a lovely hint of it whenever you open the compact. It goes on evenly and is easy to blend. And best of all: not a hint of orange in sight. I've used the Benefit Hoola religiously for contouring before, but lately I've found myself reaching for this to use for both contouring and bronzing, to get a softer look. It's not strictly a contouring shade, but it works if you're not looking to create really intense contours. Also, Too Faced is cruelty free which means I will be repurchasing this, while I won't repurchase the Benefit one once I run out. I don't have too much more to add, I feel like everything has been said about this product already. The one thing that I can find to "complain" about (I'm reaching here) would be that the packaging photographs better than it looks irl. It's very cute, but it's also a little bit more plastic-y than I expected from having seen photos of it.

on 3/16/2016 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love the smell of this bronzer. I would want to purchase again actually but cost is a bit high. It is very nice.

I know many people love the smell of this but I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan of anything fragrant on my face even if it's natural. That aside its a beautiful bronzer. I have no complaints

Love this bronzer! Very easy to blend and smells amazing!