Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.7

on 11/25/2013 3:28:00 PM

This is my favorite powder foundation! I use it all the time : ) Its very silky and gives plenty of coverage, you can get light-full coverage with this depending on the ways you apply it. I personally use a puff for a medium coverage or use it as a setting powder with a powder brush if im wearing a foundation!

I am about nc5 (dead of winter - nc10 (summer) and I was matched with the lightest shade "matte porcelaine I" and its a really good match! It says its a "cool" shade online but Its more neutral in my opinion.

I tend to lean more on the dryer side of combination so this might not work well with oily girls because there is mineral oil in this foundation. But its great if you need a little extra hydration without looking powdery.

Pros:
Many shades (great color match)
LOTS of product (.67oz), great deal for your $$
Great for dry-dry/combination skin
doesnt clog my pores
sleek, beautiful packaging

cons:
May not work well with oily skins
Fragrance might be irritating to some

on 8/18/2013 3:16:00 PM

This product is so amazing I actually decided to make an account on Makeup Alley just to review it. It deserves to be raved about! I have had difficulties finding a perfect skin makeup product, and besides my Chanel vita lumiere foundation, everything has been too much/not enough coverage, bad-buildup, too orange, too pink, not lasting on my oily-combo skin etc etc...... well this powder is none of those things and will be PERMANENTLY in my makeup bag. Thank you Lancome!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this in matte porcelaine delicate 1, I think the lightest color they had. I have very oily, acne-prone skin and I often have issues with makeup wearing off and caking up. This shade covered all my redness. The finish is is really pretty. If I wear it over foundation I look flawless, but natural. If I wear it only over sunscreen, it gives a mediem coverage and still looks matte.

The coverage seems to last about half way through my day. It does not do much of anything for shine. My redness doesn't show through, but I have to reapply every 3ish hours to de-shine. It does not get cakey though! I love the sleek little compact, although it applies nicer with a brush. It's very powdery smelling, but doesn't bother me.

I love the finish of this, but would not repurchase because it's too expensive to leave me shiney. And it does not contain suncreen(which could be a positive for some).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder! I use this everyday on top of my foundation and concealer and it sets it. It does give you extra coverage which I don't mind. It does have a floral smell to it, personally, I like it and it doesn't irritate my skin, but that's just me. It lasts all day and keeps my face matte but not overly cakey if you use it right. I'd definitely repurchase if I run out, but it is a little expensive..

on 5/28/2013 4:16:00 PM

This powder is the best I have ever used!! I have very bad breakouts and have oily skin but The dual finish powder is amazing for my type skin. It does a fantastic job of being full coverage yet I barely use any (a little goes a LONG way!) It also comes in MANY different shades and my powder is perfectly my shade. However, it does have a smell to it but it is honestly not bad at all; other people tend to way over exaggerate it! But overall, I LOVE this powder!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this powder. I was looking for a powder that would double as a setting and powder foundation if I wanted it to, this is it! My all time favorite is the Laura Mercier Pressed Mineral Powder, but the coverage in that is so full, if I use it to set my liquid foundation, my face looks really cakey. This powder eliminates that problem! I love it. It also keeps my combination/oily skin relatively matte all day, while still keeping my foundation in tact. Great great powder, with an amazing color selection, beautiful packaging, and versatile coverage.

The scent in this is SUPER strong, and really mature, but it usually goes away, and does not break me out like most Lancome face products do. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a multipurpose face powder with a great color range!

on 10/8/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If you are looking for a matte finish, THIS IS AMAZING, my holy GRAIL, like no words can explain this, for dry skin, i know you arent suppose to be using powder, but this doesnt show my dry skin, i use this all over my face, its long lasting, giving me a matte finish, it might be expensive but its a well spent product. check it out, youll be please.

I've used this on and off...I never realized how good it was until I recently started using it again. My mom bought this for me because she wanted the free gift and didn't need anymore makeup lol. I got matched to the color Matte Honey III, and it matches my skin tone pretty well. The smell is a little strong, but I don't mind it too much. The finish is nice, never too powdery or cakey. It doesn't leave a white cast when I take photos, which a major plus! I do get slightly oily and this does help, although it doesn't last a long time but it's easy to reapply. It's just an overall really nice and soft feeling powder that does what I need it to and matches my skin. It is a little pricey, but with the free gift with purchase, it isn't too bad. It's better than most other powders i've tried, so i'll stick with it!

on 8/20/2012 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this product looks a little bit different from when i bought it.. The coverage was just medium for me. It wasn't terrible but i really could not STAND the smell so i gave it to my mom.

on an everyday basis, i either wear no face makeup or BB cream and i've noticed that by the end of the day, my T-zone is SUPER oily! i bought this for that reason, and i do see a difference. at the time, my lancome counter was having gift with purchase so i thought that justifies the price a bit for me. plus i grew up watching my mom use this so i figured it would work for me too!

PROs:
- versatile! you can use it wet/dry to achieve different levels of coverage and finishes
- comes with puff and sponge
CONs:
- puff sits on top of product (i just kept the plastic that comes with it inside)
- scent (doesn't bother me but i know it will bother some people)