L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 5/5/2010 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I now have this in Plush (sheer bubble gum pink) and Delectable (sheer red). I love both of them! They are moderately moisturizing and although the colors are very sheer you can slightly see a tint. I have to say that for $9.00 is expensive but oh well.

Update: I still love my jelly balms and I am very sad that I cannot find them in stores anymore! I am worried that if I run out I will not be able to get my hands on these again...boohoo!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pro: Good lasting power, I can feel it on my lips the morning after (that's my long lasting test)
Yummy scent. Cotton candy.
Pretty color (I got succulent. I'm Asian, a little darker than Dream Matte Powder's Medium Beige 2.5. I wanted Luscious but I went to two stores and they didn't have it so I got the next darkest color.)
Sturdy packaging that lets you see the product's pigment.
Cons: Very little product for the price (0.159 Oz / 4.5 grams)
The Price, $9! I got it with a coupon and the store was having a discount so I got it for $4.50 and I still wouldn't get it at that discounted price again. I am so jealous of the girls who got it in clearance bins!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's quite difficult to find a tinted or colored lip balm with decent color payoff, but this one is ideal. The formula for this balm is very elegant. It's moisturizing, not sticky and provides a pretty sheen without looking too glossy. I've never liked glosses that you have to apply with a doe-foot applicator. They always seem to feel unpleasant and sticky. While I'd rather have something in a retractable tube, like a lipstick or chapstick, the formula for this balm is so nice, and the color is so pretty (I have both "delectable" and "succulent"), I can get past the jar and having to use my fingers.
This is a good choice for someone who wants a moisturizing balm with a bit of gloss and sheer (but still noticeable) color.

on 4/10/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this product. It has nice color and shine, it smells really good, and decent staying power. It's great in summer, because it doesn't run like traditional lip gloss does in the heat. Good buy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I guess I'm just not a lip balm type of girl. The tub packaging drove me up the wall in disgust due to 1.) its unhygienic & 2.) its gross to have to apply with my fingers. On the other hand, I was please to find it was a glass jar and not some flimsy plastic container. The balm its self isn't very moisturizing, & the color isn't opaque. But it does give your lips shine, + lasting power. Last but not least - it smells absolutely delicious, slightly reminds me of vanilla. I would not repurchase. I'll stick to chapstick & Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So I bought this in "Plush" and i was just kinda like whatever about it. I got it and saw it was more of a bubble gum pink than expected. I opened it and it smelled DELICIOUS. I applied it on my lips and it had the tiniest tint of pink (which is good) at first I was scared it was gonna come off that pink on my lips but when it didn't, I was super excited.

I then got it in Ripe which is a red and I love it. I've always wanted to try red lipsticks but I'm scared of how they'll look, so this gives me a hint of red and dresses my face up for special occasions.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The packaging is super cute and thats the main reason i wanted to try plus the ad. girls lips looked cute w/ this gloss on so i bought em. i got 2, a light pink one and a light orange one but i cant member the names, anyways they weren't the best. They are really thick and slightly sticky and the staying power sucks so you have to reapply a lot. Also i think the packaging is unsanitary cuz your have you use your finger to put it on, so make sure you have clean hands when putting it on, but! you should always have clean hands before touching your face anyways lol!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this color in Delectable. It's such a pretty color, and it glides on so smoothly in such a pretty cool cherry color. My only problem is it is a little bit sticky, but it is so pretty I don't even care. It also SMELLS SO GOOD! And that just helps a bunch. It lasts a long time, too, so it won't just be a gloss that just...disappears after a while. I def will rebuy when I run out. Which will be a while, cause they give you a lot of product! :D

on 2/18/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. The jelly balm in plush is what made me become interested in lip glosses in general (before i really disliked them)

Pros:
Love the colors, very flattering on the lips
surprisingly pigmented
cute packaging (this is probably 99% of the reason why i love this product)
makes lips very soft and moisturized
sticky, but not annoyingly so
easy to apply
lasts a LONG time
fruity smell and taste

Cons:
some may have a problem with the stickiness, although i personally HATED sticky lipglosses beforehand and it doesn't bother me at all!
pretty expensive for a lipstore l/g in a pot
you end up wiping your finger used to apply on your pants or something, which i don't mind at all, but i'm some will.

Overall i really like the HIP jelly balms. I have two in plush and succulent and they are pretty pigmented for l/gs in pots. The best part is the fact that it comes in a pot because the application is almost fun... it's hard to describe. in all, i would definitely repurchase when necessary!

on 2/18/2010 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this product in Delectable which is a very nice cherry red with cool undertones. I am thouroughly pleased with this product! The consistency isn't sticky at all and is very smooth. The pigmentation is fantastic , and can be a gorgeous sheer cherry color to a bold bright bluey pink-red with less or more applications. The packaging was a little hard to open at first but opened with ease the second time. I was expecting a bit more product, thinking it would be on the black side yet the price isn't outrageous so I can buy more.The scent is a pleasant vanilla and not too strong. I for one love potted gloss because I have more coverage and control with my finger as opposed to a wand. This product has become on of my everyday staples!