August 20, 2014 | 1916 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Easy Waterproof Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by ItalianBerry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVED this product, but I can't find it anywhere anymore. Pretty sure it's discontinued. One of the best, cheap mascaras I've ever used.

Pros:
Lengthens my lashes very dramatically for a fake-lash effect, almost doubles them in size. Thickens my lashes too.
Waterproof (although not as much as some other brands)
Good size to carry around in your handbag, not too fat like the Volume-Clubbing range.
Very easy to wash off with warm water and gentle cleanser or wipes.

Cons:
Not super-waterproof, it will dot around your eyes a bit if there's too much water-pressure.
Dries up within 1/2 months so not super long lasting.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by chococakehk

Wore this for one day in less than 2 hours, I had black dots around my eyes made me look like panda

will not buy again , not sure which part is water proof !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Emackova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up when i went to england, its good for lengthening lashes, one girl asked me what fake eyelashes i had on wahaha.. I quite like it but cant find it here.. but it is definatly not waterproof i looked like i had been attacked after i used this in water D: it looked a little clumped so i used a mascara that seperated my lash before this.. looked gurd ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by morphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best mascara for sensitive eyes! It won't end up in and around your eyes. Yes, it can get clumpy when used incorrectly. To avoid this, just run it under hot water for a few seconds. Sometimes, I also wipe off any excess from brush with a paper towel (not tissue/kleenex). Apply to eye lashes at angle. The result: Perfectly seperated lashes that stay that way even if my eyes water as in winter or if I cry. I told my mom about it and she also loves too. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by sammiesp93

ok so this mascara I got it in the clearance section at Ulta and I like it but it clumps very easily and it was kind of messy when I got it. This is the only mascara that I have right now unfortunately so I have to use it until it's done, otherwise I don't recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by studyer83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a dramatic black. Clumped. Its idea of "volume" is to pack your lashes together...um, no thanks!

I'll give it this -- it is easier to remove than some other waterproof mascara. I wish I'd brought it back to the store; I wouldn't feel so jipped if it wasn't so expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by rperrin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I've worn this mascara for two days in a row, and so far so good! I only wear tubing formulas, so when I read this forms a film over your lashes I thought it looked promising.

It is a little clumpy, but the truth about tubing mascaras is that all of them are a bit clumpy until you remove some from the tube... In other words, wiping off the brush the first few times you pull the wand/brush out and cleaning of the opening which acts as a reservoir with extra product coming out.

I use tropical locations as a gauge on the wear-ability of products, and it is holding up in the sun and heat. A few reviewers have noted that it is hard to remove, but I've found it very easy in the shower or with lots of warm water. It doesn't come off in pieces like other tubing formulas, but seems to dissolve.

I would definitely purchase again, but not for myself. I would use this product in my kit with disposable wands. I do like it, but my favorite mascara is Texas Lash from Cargo. It's $5 more, but I want it black as night and thick as all get out - and that's Texas Lash.

If you like this formula but want something a little thicker or with nylon fibers, also try Imju Fiber Wig. All are winners! Or if you want a product that removes more easily, give Maybelline's The Collosal a shot. I use it in my kit and it's really easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Georgina45

Love this! And it is indeed waterproof, and easier to remove than most other WP mascara's. I even used it when scuba diving and it stayed on!
Before every trip, I buy a waterproof mascara on the airport , most of the time Lancome, like L'Extrème WP.
Last time I decided to buy Bourjois for budget reasons and it stays on far better than the Lancome.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by megumi_chan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only got this because the SA insisted it was the best selling mascara in the Bourjois line of mascaras. When i got home and opened the mascara, no good. The mascara looked grey on the wand and was very very clumpy. Totally clumped up my lashes together. Not to mention it really has a weird smell, some Chinese herb smell i thought. However i was unwilling to give up on this mascara (I dont really think its cheap given its quality) and eventually got over the clumpy problem by rolling the wand around on a piece of Kleenex before applying to my lashes. it works. The good thing about this mascara though, is that it really holds up the lashes well. I wore this from 9am till 11pm, and the lashes were still curling. Overall will not repurchase because of its clumpiness.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Deppel

This is... awful! Ok, I open it for the first time, what do I see? An ordinary mascara brush, the mascara is spread very unevenly over the brush. The mascara looks grey. Not a good sign.
What do I smell? Something very disgusting, a strong smell that makes me sick.
I apply it on clean lashes for the first time ever. Thanks to this mascara, it looks like I have about 7 lashes. It hurts my eyes. Five minutes later, I look into the mirror again. I see little black dots of mascara on my lids. I touch my lashes. It's still wet. I decide to get this of right now, before my eye is infected. I splash water on my eyes. Then I had about 3 lashes left. I touch my lashes again. It's still coming off.

So why give it one lipstick? Because I could remove this with an ordinary remover, like it said on the package. Well, it did take me 10 minutes. Don't buy this. Seriously.