April 19, 2014 | 1353 users online

Eye Shadow - Elizabeth Arden - Color Intrigue Eyeshadow Quad - Sueded Browns

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Azaelia11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

love this love this love this! my mum bought this for me for my birthday and i've been in love with it every since, these are the only browns i've ever used that have truly complimented my eye color to it's full potential :D i would buy this again and again and would recommend this to anyone who loves browns :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 1:51:00 AM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I'm going to say this, BUT ... I'm really beginning to think that EA has produced THE perfect e/s for me. Does that make me an old lady LOL? I picked up their Sueded Browns e/s quad after being so incredibly impressed with their Natural Cashmeres quad (which I've yet to review), and I'm still impressed.

I'm a fair-skinned, blue eyed auburn haired gal, and I'm drawn to neutrals like moths to a porchlight, so it's only natural that I'd be drawn to this quad. The shades within are: dark chocolate brown w/a slightly cool cast to it (matte); neutral creamy pearl (pearl); warm soft chocolate that applies brighter than it appears (soft pearl); and a shade that baffles me -- in the pan, it appears as an antiqued gold shade w/an almost green tint to it, but when applied, it's a glorious warm golden copper (high pearl finish).

As these are neutrals, there's just no way to mess up any look you create with these -- they're just about goof-proof, really. But it's the finish that dazzles me: they're not too shiny, not too pearly, definitely not glittery. They are well pigmented shades that impart the perfect glow to my (good Lord) almost 40 eyes. This quad gives me polished perfection w/o having to worry that the finish is showing my age at all (make sense to anyone?). Sometimes shadows overemphasize aging lids due to their overwhelming shimmer -- these do not in the least bit. Like I said, polished perfection with a subtle glow that is wearable for ANYone.

Packaging details, for those who care: the quad is housed in a very sturdy smoke-colored Lucite case, with the EA name in a small gold font on top. And it comes with a dual ended applicator, sponge tip on one side, decent brush on the other.

I have a gazillion shadows, ranging from d/s lines to Chanel, and I'm shocked in my realization that the shadow quads from EA are probably the best out of all of them. Money well spent (and not even that expensive, either), and I'd drop the cash for any other quad that might suit my coloring in a heartbeat. EA is a highly underrated line, and I'm going to try to get the word out that it's definitely worth exploring!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No