Urban Decay Toasted

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77400 (Bronze Powder), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)

on 2/4/2015 6:14:00 PM

A versatile shade, can be used for night or day, when it's less or more built up. Goes with my skin tone so well. Love the shade, the texture (powder) everything about it. If you wear a primer it'll last all day with barely any fading.

on 2/4/2015 11:45:00 AM

Toasted has become a staple in my make-up bag. It's a wonderful and versatile light brown shade I use as a wash all over or in the crease.

on 2/4/2015 10:34:00 AM

I did not buy the whole Naked palette, but Toasted seemed like an outstanding color from all 12 eyeshadows in it.

It is a nice muted copper color with slight dusted pink hue through it. They also call it a "copper penny" color. It has no glitter in it, but is a warm shimmery color. Absolutely lovely.

I love using it on its own or in my crease to blend deeper brown eyeshadows for a very smoky look. You can't go wrong with Toasted, it looks equally lovely on different skin tones.

If you want to see it in action, when applied - there is a blog post on it below. Hope it helps.

on 1/20/2015 1:41:00 PM

Love this color from the original naked palette. I think is the ideal fall/ winter color for the eyes. Like others have mentioned it is a hard color to describe. It's sort of a coppery mauve shimmer color. I love it all over the lid, orb in the crease and copperplate to deepen the outer corner or loreal hip playful the darker color. My favorite of the moment.

on 12/17/2014 3:13:00 PM

Great shadow - color is hard to describe - brownish coppery nude with a slight tinge of purple. It looks better on than in the pan.

on 11/10/2014 8:52:00 PM

This review is way overdue but i'm happy to share. Toasted was my very first Urban Decay purchase in a foray to update a tired makeup look (and a tired soul as well) and also my fabulous coworker gave me a jiffy office makeover using the Naked palette.
Long story short i bolted to Sephora and nabbed Toasted. i don't think i've ever loved a shadow like i do this one.
Highly pigmented, lasts a very long time, very minimal fallout.
i have large chestnut brown eyes w lots of lid real estate to work with, hilited brown/blonde hair, olive skin color; i feel like this color was made for **me** only. Yay this is what makeup is all about! Love

on 11/1/2014 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Toasted has well earned it's great reputation. It's just purple enough to be interesting while also retaining a brownish base for a natural finish. The iridescence also has a really lovely effect on the eyes. I find the color unique among the many I considered before purchasing Toasted. My favorite color combinations right now include MAC Bare Study and Naked Lunch on lid, Makeup Geek Unexpected in outer corner and through crease, and Toasted to deepen the crease. I find I keep reaching for this one lately even over old favorites for crease colors.

Pros:
* very creamy
* pigmented
* silky application
* very blendable
* long-lasting
* complementary for hazel eyes
* fits well in many palettes (I depotted the pan)

Cons:
* original package is bulky
* ridiculous amount of effort needed to depot

on 9/12/2014 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow! This eyeshadow has great reviews for a reason.
On *me* - and I didn't expect it to look this way - it *kind of* looks like UD Chopper without all the glitter and not as metallic. It's a coppery, rosy brown sort of shade with a hint of purple (it doesn't necessarily look purple, but the rosiness has a purple hint... hard to explain). It is quite warm, and the warmth plus the slight rosy purpleyness is great for brown eyes. I never thought I'd like a coppery, rosy color like this, but it really is unique and pretty.
It's shimmery, but not too much for day time. I was nervous that this was going to be a nasty frosty finish (some swatches can make it look like that) but it's not. It's gorg.

Also, I once read this is a dupe for Nutty by Wet and Wild. Not a dupe at all. They have similar finishes, I guess though. I regularly use both and Toasted is significantly rosier, warmer and just a touch lighter whereas Nutty is more purpley, brown and taupe.

on 4/17/2014 9:06:00 AM

Please don't collectively throw your beloved UD "Toasted" at me in blind fury - but here comes a lonely voice of dissent.

Toasted doesn't work for me ( green/blue eues, medium complexion, gold medium brown hair). At all.

I have tried this eyeshadow in the summer with a tan, I've tried it in the depth of winter with pale skin and anytime in between. I've tried it with different brushes, in the crease and on the lid. I've tried applying it with different brushes. The result was always the same = a VERY shimmery ( albeit not sparkly) peachy/bronzey colour which does absolutely nothing for my eyes. Or face.

I fully concur that the texture is gorgeous, that there is no fallout, that it wears beautifully throughout the day. But that level of shimmer/frost and this particular colour just aren't flattering or enhancing on me.

The ONLY way that I can make at least some use of it, is to use it as a highlighter above the iris, pairing it with either UD's Naked or Buck or MAC's Cork. But other than that it's an abyssmal fail for me. I'm rather bummed and stunned about it.

on 4/3/2014 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of 3 Holy grail eyeshadows <3

PROS:

1. texture is lovely:
crazy pigmented, super blendable, no fallout, glowy with shimmer but never frosty or glitter-y

2. versatility:
great shadow to pat on the lid, smudge under the eyes and blend into the crease=beautiful rosy smokeyness
or smudge on outercorners of lashline for subtle glow
works beautiful with neutrals, blacks, purples, pinks, golds.

3. color:
a midtone rosey golden taupe, looks different but wonderful on every skin tone.

CONS:
if you dont like beautiful eyeshadows, pass on this one:)

Top Rated Urban Decay Products