December 21, 2014 | 961 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Mason Pearson - Universal

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My 4th brush from this line, and now my favorite. I started out with the Popular, a 1/2 nylon/ 1/2 boar. Which was okay for my thick medium to long hair. Next to the Pure Boar, which didn't work at all for my thick hair. Next I tried the pocket nylon. I loved it so much, I ran out and bought this one. A must for thick hair. It also feels really good on the scalp.

Update: Still love this for my very thick long locks. I also added the detangler brush to my collection, b/c I thought it would be the same brush only smaller which would be useful at work. Well they both are all nylon bristle brushes but they are not the same. The Universal has shorter, some what softer nylon bristles great for daily maintenance. The detanglers nylon bristles are much stiffer and longer, which would be ideal for using on wet tangled hair. I probably should have gotten a 2nd Universal but I do like the Detangler and will try it on wet hair, but already have 2 Mason Pearson Combs for my wet tangled hair. So depending on what your needs are, buy the Universal for brushing dried thick hair or the Detangler for Wet detangling.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No