November 22, 2014 | 969 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by CaribbeanBeauty

I'm guessing it looks different on everyone. I bought this due to the reviews on MUA but it did not work for me. It has made my hair look straight and fried towards the ends. My hair looked dry and incomplete, maybe because I have long hair? And it's a slippery barrel to get a good grip or something? But then again, my whole hair piece would cover the entire barrel so I do not know the exact cause for that. It just didn't work well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to try a curling wand and I think I picked a good one! Heats up fast, inexpensive, and the curls last all day long. My only real issue is that sometimes the curls get frizzy after awhile, while that normally isn't a big problem for me... It takes me about 15-20 minutes to curl my long hair since it curls the hair super quickly! It does seem to bunch up at the end a lot, so my curls end up being little tight ringlets that gradually loosen up. It's hard to get the very ends curly like the rest of the hair but I'll normally go back and recurl some tough ends. I don't use the glove that came with it, but I love that there's no clamp! Not really a tool to make loose beach waves, but I've used it for piano recitals and to get professional photographs done. I like how I don't have to use as much hairspray with this, since normally I want the curls to loosen more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by cdez210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cosmetology student here, and I must say this product is definitely worth it! I use it on myself and clients daily.

PROS
- Affordable
- Heats up fast
- 5 adjustable temperatures
- Since it's a Tourmaline wand, it leaves your hair silky and smoother than before you used it

CONS
- The glove it comes with doesn't really stay on, but after the 2nd or 3rd time using the wand you won't even need it

TIPS
- Always always always use a heat protectant! Your curls will last longer and you'll minimize heat damage to your hair.
- Use a spritz of lightweight/brushable hairspray after you've finished with the wand. Your hair will look fab for hours and not be crunchy/hard to that touch.
- Allow curls to cool! Once you release your hair from the wand, hold it in your palm for a few seconds and let it cool off. This technique will also result in longer lasting curls.
- Don't mess with your curls! This is a mistake I see all too often. Running your fingers through your curls should wait until they have completely cooled.

If you're looking for big beachy waves then this is NOT the correct wand size for you! Since this wand is cone shaped you can create tons of different styled curls. The width of sections and where you place them on the curler will result in a variation of curl sizes. I love this wand so much and recommend it to all of my clients and classmates! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

This curling wand is pretty teeny tiny. Skinny and on the short side. I have a long bob and I felt this was still too small on my hair. No idea how long haired people are using this. I tried it on someone else and it just made them look like a mermaid!! Don't know that this would give you the most natural "beachy" type of curl unless you alternated section thickness and direction of curl. It also made my hair feel really dry. Didn't care for it too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

My old curling irons suck compared to this! I have thick black asian hair, and this is my HG. The pros are that it heats up suuuper fast, unlike my old one. The heat settings are great for different hair types and different kinds of curls, the hottest one makes my hair really curly like a Lolita doll? but i usually use the second to highest setting and it makes them look like wavy/curly like what most people wear to prom and stuff. This curls your hair instantly! I hold it for 3-5 seconds, and its perfect. Andd it's affordable, i got it for 40 dollars here in Canada, so price may vary. I heard it lasts all day long and it does make my hair shiny and healthy looking. Now cons, when I'm curling my hair i tend to miss the bottom or the very top so i have to recurl that part, so the i feel like it's the wand's shape fault, also i feel like i'm gonna turn it off because my hands are placed where the buttons are. And that's about it! Definetly reccomend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by siarose12

Nice product to use for prom or graduation! I got so many reviews on the curls I made with it! I definitely would recommend you guys buying this :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I don't know that I have much to compare this curler to because the curler I've owned for years was a secondhand Conair that was pretty much useless. It took forever to get hot and I don't think it ever did get hot enough to curl well. I mostly used it if I took out a pincurl set and found a wonky or fallen-straight section.

Anyway, this curler heats up lightning fast. I've only used it on the low setting but it seems to curl quickly -- definitely a fraction of the time the old Conair took. I took it for a spin and hot-curled my entire head for the first time in decades. I like the clampless design -- it feels intuitive to use, like forming pincurls around my fingers, and I really like that it makes it possible for me to curl big chunks of hair if I want a loose messy wave. I don't find it difficult to avoid burning myself at all, and even when I physically hold the ends of my hair close to the hot wand, if the hair becomes hot enough to be uncomfortable for my fingers I know it's heated enough to take it off the wand.

I haven't mastered a technique yet that produces curls/waves as natural as pincurling, but I'm still working on it. One thing I notice is that a lot of instructions specifically advise you to leave the ends uncurled "for a more natural look". This is bad advice, because if you look at the hair of someone with natural curl, the weight of the hair may pull some of the curl into waves further up toward the scalp but the ends are often the curliest part. I don't know anyone with natural waves/curls who suddenly have a straight bit at their ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Basil93

I love this curling wand! It has worked great on both my long and shoulder length hair. I really like how this wand has heat settings so it doesn't get too hot for my damage prone hair. And it leaves my hair looking soft, voluminous and bouncy! I always use it to create fullness and body to my fine and thin hair. It heats up insanely fast and it curls my hair quickly as well! It's so versatile too! I can easily have loose beachy waves, or tight ringlets. It's also the perfect hot tool for adding texture for updos. Long story short, I love this curling wand!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick, below my shoulders, wavy/frizzy hair. I've never been able to curl my hair to my satisfaction with curlers, curling irons, or flat irons. You would think that having wavy hair would make it easier to curl, but nope! I always end up with flat, poofball frizz when I attempt to curl my hair, and my natural waves aren't the prettiest, either. Enter the Conair You Curl and OMG it's like new hair!

I'm not very good at wielding curling irons; since they've never given me stellar results I've never felt the need to perfect my technique. With that in mind, I was apprehensive about using this tool. I pictured a few painful burns in my future. Surprisingly, no burns so far and this tool has been fairly simple to use.

First, it heats up quickly- it's ready to use by the time I've applied heat protectant and sectioned my hair. It's also pretty simple to use, I'm just very careful to not let my arm come in contact with the barrel as I'm wrapping the hair. The curls come out gorgeous! Soft and drumroll please....frizz free!!! Even when I had my hair done for my wedding years ago, the stylist who curled it for me didn't manage that trick! And of course you can make them loose and big or ringlets. They last overnight for me, but that could be due to the natural wave I have.

Overall, I'm impressed with how much better this works than a traditional curling iron and it really is easy to use. Fairly inexpensive at Wal-Mart and Amazon, too. Like a few other reviewers, I do occasionally accidentally press the buttons on the handle as I'm curling but it doesn't affect the performance of the wand. I absolutely love this little thing!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I purchased mine from Ulta. It's okay I feel like my curls never really hold for the long haul compared to my Chi straightener. After an hour so, once I walked to my outdoors and into my car, my hair is pin straight again. I've actually burned myself a couple of times since I'm wrapping my hair around around the barrel. I don't really use it anymore since it takes forever to curl and the curls don't hold.

It's so much faster for me to curl my hair with the Chi flatiron which I also purchased at Ulta for $69.99 after coupons and reward points. I have straight asian hair. The Chi heat is pretty high it holds my curls through out the hot FL humidity with out hair spray. I hate hair spray.

Overall, this is good for beginners who don't know how to use a flatiron to curl and who are attending indoor events and live in a cool environment where humidity doesn't play a factor.

If you do own a powerful flatiron I suggest using that for long lasting curls.