July 31, 2014 | 1865 users online

Shampoo - Lamas Beauty Chinese Herb Stimulating Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wasn't sure this would be worth the extra expense ($22 at SDM) but I'm glad I took the plunge. Good cleanser but most importantly, little to no hair falls out during rinsing. Looking forward to trying the conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by MamtaAUB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have spent years and money searching for my holy grail hair care line. I have tried Wen, Kerastase, Phyto, Alterna, Fekkai, Philip b., John Masters, DermOrganic - all had some positives with some major drawbacks - lack of performance, stripped color, left my hair feeling dirty, left my hair dry or left it a tangly mess!

I discovered Peter Lamas thru the media article on Jessica Simpson's favorite shampoo. This line is amazing! When I turned 35 my hair started shedding like crazy ...and was always super tangled no matter what shampoo I used. I could see my hair line thinning out - and was sad that I may have to live with this. Enter Chinese herbs - This line cleans my hair without stripping or chemicals and leaves it feeling thicker and reduces hair shed. I've tried natural/vegan lines before - they just didn't perform - but this is all together something different!

I have the conditioner also which I like - nice and lightweight. The spray and cream in this line are also great - something about one of them is making my hair feel heavy so I'm still experimenting but definitely worth exploring.

If your hair issues sound simliar to mine - try this line!! I have my husband and mom using this line also with great results. I can't wait to try more products..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by daisyeyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! I think it works, too. I have lots of little hairs along my hairline that are new growth. Feels great, a little tingly. Hair seems very clean even though it lacks the harsh ingredients that more popular brands have. I was using Aveda Invati before, but I'm going to stick with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo just did not work for me. It doesn't lather very well, more so on the second shampoo. It makes my hair a little dry & tangled in the shower and I did not notice any less shedding, if anything it aggravated it because of the tangling, even paired with a good conditioner. I also bought the hair serum & have been using the shampoo about 4x a week and the serum nightly for a couple of months now & I do not see any regrowth or decrease in shedding. Purchased directly from the website, this shampoo was $22 for 8.5 ounces & the serum was $45, so with shipping the two items were over $70.

edit 8/12- reading up on hair loss, it seems that less ingredients but a higher concentration of 1 or 2 active ones (biotin, saw palmetto) is the way to go. Klorane's shampoo with quinine & b vitamins is far superior to this one

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Sharyg1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this shampoo years ago. I remember it smelling very fresh. I loved the tingling feeling you get from it. I remember it did cut back shedding. I didn't buy it again because of the price, but I'm going back to it. It is a really good product. As I've been saying in all my Lamas reviews, DO NOT BUY this product from discount sites such as vitacost and the like. The products they sell are not authentic and won't perform. The ingridients list on the products they sell are different from the ingridients list on the Lamas website. I think one the creams even has parabens listed, which you know is a big no no for Lamas products. So get them from either the Lamas site or from Wholefoods supermarkets. Yes, you'll pay more, but you'll get the actual product, not a cheap imitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by crankedmunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My friend suggested I use this shampoo to relieve scalp itchiness since most dandruff shampoos really dry out my scalp and seem to do more harm than good. I wasn't interested in the claim that it stimulates growth, but wow, does this stuff do what it claims. Not only does my scalp no longer itch, my hair is much healthier and seems to grow faster and stronger. I was so impressed with this product, I asked my hairdresser to chop off most of my dry, damaged hair so I could start fresh without the use of harsh detergents and hair styling products. Following the simple routine of using this shampoo every other day and massaging it in for a few minutes before rinsing, then using nothing but almond oil to tame my tresses, my hair has done a complete turnaround. My hairdresser (and anyone else who sees my hair up close) is floored by how healthy and shiny it looks. By the way, this is coming from someone who has had nicknames like "afro queen" and "birds nest head."

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by powerc

I use this product everyday and LOVE it. At first I was skeptical of it's claims to 'regrow hair' especially along the front of the hairline. Even, as I was telling my hair stylist about 'this-new-product-I-picked-up-promising-to-regrow-my-thinning-hair' during a haircut, she proceeded to give me a lecture about how a lot of products like this make claims that don't deliver. Well, it works. I've used it religiously for 2 months now, every single time I wash my hair. I have all these little hairs in various stages of regrowth [some sticking straight up] along the front of my hair line and especially on the sides where I thinned out a bit years prior. At my last hair appointment, a month after starting this shampoo [& conditioner -- I use the conditioner, too], I asked if my stylist noticed a difference [remembering her speech from before] and she said that she absolutely did. I asked her if she was sure it was 'new' hair, and not due to breakage or anything. She said that it was definitely new hair, because it was growing in darker than my other highlighted tresses, and there was a significant amount of it. It's been a month since, and that hair she commented on is now in a longer wispy stage, with more new hair growing in, on the top and along the sides -- sticking straight up. This stuff really works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by aligator

i bought this shampoo from long's in the organic products aisle. it was recommended by a coworker because i wanted a shampoo that would help my hair grow out long. it smells like tea tree oil/pepperminty! nice and refreshing! this shampoo contains natural chinese herbs like:
* Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract -- which naturally aids in baldness-prevention;
* Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract -- to control premature balding;
* Polygonum Multiflorum Extract -- renowned for restoring the texture and colour of greying hair and is also regularly used by Chinese doctors to treat thinning hair;
* Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Extract -- promotes regrowth for receding hairlines and frontal baldness.

you are only supposed to use it a few times a week. i only use it once a week because it's so expensive! it is $20 for a little 8 ounce bottle!!! i also bought the matching conditioner which is the same price. i have noticed my hair growing longer which is great! i like this shampoo because it has all natural ingredients and no chemicals in it. check out more information at http://www.lamasbeauty.com/chinese.html