July 30, 2014 | 1982 users online

Pressed Powders - Sana - SANA Maikohan Geisha UV Pressed Powder SPF19

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ratana87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this a year ago and it's my favourite pressed powder!
I had dropped it a few times and im so glad that the way the case was built, it didnt mess up the powder. Things i like about this product is that (like everyone else already said ) it's finely milled, so it makes me have a dolly finish, in that i mean, it shrinks my pores. Since it's summer i dont like to wear much makeup, i like to apply this on my chin, cheeks and highlight my forehead. I love the smell and i love how this looks in the natural light and also in picutures. I will purchase again, highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by gummiibears

Like blahiffy, another reviewer, I am a sucker for cute packaging, so I was immediately attracted to this powder. I bought it for about $10 with $5 shipping, so all in all, not a bad price!
As far as appearance, the compact is smaller than what you'd normally expect; it almost looks like a toy. The design is as adorable in person as in pictures though. It has a nice little mirror, the included brush is adorably garnished with a sakura pattern, and the powder looks pale and vaguely shimmery. It also is lightly scented of cherry blossoms--I absolutely love this smell. It doesn't smell medicinal or like any odd chemicals at all; very light, natural, floral. Normally, I dislike scented powders for how terrible they smell, and how I'll often catch vague whiffs of it throughout the day, but this odor is entirely unoffensive and very light besides (almost too light; I wouldn't mind catching whiffs of this throughout the day!)

I applied this powder wearing nothing but tinted moisturizer (as per usual for me). It is a very finely milled, incredibly sheer powder, so I have to toss my coins in the same bucket as the other two reviewers and agree that this is definitely best as a finishing powder. It does not provide much coverage, so don't buy it expecting that; it is sheer and translucent.

I have pale skin, so the color of this matched me very well; the glitter was not too prominent and actually made my face have a more radiant look, not just a flat matte look. I thought this was a very lovely and flattering effect. I could easily imagine wearing this on evenings out. The brush is not a useless piece of garbage at all and serves its purpose of evenly distributing the powder well.

Overall, this is a great product for a very reasonable price. It will last me a long time, but when I run out, I'll definitely be sure to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by centerfuse

I agree with the review below that this powder is *best* as a sheer finishing powder for evening/special occasion, but if used sparingly, it can be used during the day. Finely-milled and very light in color, it is suitable for paler skintones and really gives a glow to one's complexion. The scent is barely perceptible and does not last. And best, it does have silk in it, which is known to soften skin.

The packaging is excellent. The small round compact is elegant, has a mirror and divider to keep the brush from touching the powder, and fits easily into a small bag; moreover, the brush that comes with the compact is actually usable! I have the loose and pressed, but prefer the pressed as it makes my pores practically invisible and gives a smoother finish. I've been using since mid-summer without breakouts. Makes skin glow. Highly recommend this Japanese product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by blahiffy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

(***Click on the Continue link for photos***)
I love Japanese products and Sana is one of my favorite brands.
I first purchased this product because I was attracted to its packaging (a weakness of mine). It comes in a sleek cherry red case with a cherry blossom imprint. The case has two compartments, one for the brush (half-moon) and one for the powder. A mirror is also included on the flipside of the separator.
The powder itself is of a light beige-ish color (the label says 'Sakura color'). It is finely milled and very silky. It goes on smoothly and has good pore coverage. There is a mild scent of cherry blossoms, but it is not strong or offensive. In my opinion, though, it's more of a finishing powder. It is good for evening out foundation. However, I recommend that people of lighter/paler skin tones should use this product. Otherwise, this powder will cause you to look washed-out. This powder looks great under artificial light, but in the sunlight, the microshimmers in this powder will be visible. So, unless you want to look like a glitterbug, please use sparingly! If used properly, it will give you a subtle glow that appears natural!
All in all, I do like this power. It's worth my money. I would repurchse, but I'm pretty sure that I won't be running out any time soon. A little bit of powder goes a long way.
(***Click on the Continue link for photos***)

continued >>