December 21, 2014 | 1186 users online

Deodorants - Dove - smooth cashmere deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by jpando

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am throwing this out! It does nothing for me. Period. It leaves me sweaty and stinky, a waste of time in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ADORE! This is absolutely lovely. I have been searching all over for a lasting deodorant and hopefully now I have found my possible HG deodorant. I have no complaints about this. It does not irritate my underarns even with my sensitive skin, which is a relief. It's lightly and softly scented, feels great, and I never have to reapply throughout the day as I have had to do in the past with other deodorants. I pray this is never discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this religiously after Tyra Banks featured it on her talk show. It was used in a segment by brides to be to prevent quick hair regrowth. I think they said you were supposed to get two days of hair free armpits. That really didn't work out for me. But hope slowly dies. I kept repurchasing b/c I thought it smelled good. My DH disagreed. He thought it smelled bad. Ergo, no more Smooth Cashmere. I now use their Clean Scent or Powder Fresh sticks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a perfectly decent deodorant and antiperspirant. It does what it says it will do. It keeps me from sweating and from smelling like BO. The moisturizers work too. My armpits don't feel dry or raw. It's very soothing. Unfortunately the smell is HORRIBLE. Man, is it bad. The first day I wore this I kept thinking I was smelling some nasty cheap men's cologne periodically during the day. I'd look around to see who was wearing this stinky stuff. I kept happening though. So, I thought maybe I got spritzed with some gross cologne walking through a department store and it got stuck on my clothes, but my coat didn't smell. I finally figured it out when I went to put the deodorant on the next day! I seriously cannot over-state how bad this stuff smells. It is a very masculine, cheap cologne scent that wafts out whenever the deodorant is activated by your body heat. This goes straight in the trash bin. I've used several other Dove deodorants and they've all been nice smelling. It's just this one scent that is bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by thePinkcess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually use Dove deodorants with no problems in terms of wetness protection. Usually, the only problem I have is that I get sick of the scent. Although it's not so bad, since by that time, I've nearly finished it and can simply buy different scented one. I eventually tried this one out, and, as much as I adored its subtle feminine scent, I couldn't bear to use it any longer as it did nothing for keeping me dry! I gave it one lippie for the smell. If only it wasn't overpowered by my own smell... eek!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by P3achyK33n

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Darn, I thought this was going to work.
I saw all the amazing reviews on TotalBeauty, so I went out and got it.
The smell is confusing. Even after a couple of weeks, I can't decide if I like it or not.
However, I know for sure that the strong scent of this (that seems to last forever) does not linger well with sweat.
I am not ususally a sweaty person, but I wear deodarent when I work because it's hot in McDonald's. When I applied this, I seemed to somehow sweat more :/
I'll pass, but two lippies for how smooooth it makes my armpits.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this after I was done with my Secret one - Well I wanted to try something new..I opened this up at the store and it smelled sooooooo good..but then again it was almost $2.00 than my regular one..oh well...it smelled good...WELL I hate it...it makes my under arms soooooooooo DRY and Im not imagining this BUT I have to shave more often...YIKES! plus the white marks on my clothing..yuck! Going back to my Secret deodorant! It only gets one lippie cuz of the scent..is awsome!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by bellalinda1805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this deodorant, its my favorite Dove deodorant, and a lil goes a long way...I apply after every shower, and in the morning and before going to bed, ( LOL, since I shower before going to bed and first thing in the morning..lol) anyways, it smells great and keeps me dry, and its strong, since Hubby uses it as well. He actually buys this for himself over the "manly" deodorants.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by IceIceBubby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite the negative reviews I give it a 5/5

I love the scent. It's very soft and feminine, and not overpowering (like most reviews have stated). The scent lasts forever on me. I put it on in the morning after I shower and I come home around 3 and I still smell great. Of course there are days when I sweat more than I usually do, in that case I have to re-apply. But that's no big deal. This deodorant does wonders. It has smoothed my underarms tremendously, and NO MORE RAZOR BUMPS. This product has practically eliminated all razor bumps, I've tried so many products before and this is the only one that works for me.

Will buy again and again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This deodorant has its pros and cons. First of all, I LOVE the scent. It smells soft and feminine without being overpowing...it blends in nicely with my perfume. I hate deodorants that smell like fruit, candy, or chemicals. Not to mention baby powder! Secondly, this formula is very moisturizing and definetly has cut back on the small amount of razor burn I once had in my underarm area. As an added bonus, this is awesome to use on your bikini area right after shaving (Ive been told a lot of strippers do this to stay smooth)-- Im not sure how, but this really helps with razor burn issues down there. The wetness protection is only so-so, but I dont smell funky even if I do end up damp. Sweating is not a huge issue for me so I still use this daily. Another issue I have is the white streaks on dark clothing- however this problem can be alleviated if you apply a thin layer, then wait like 10 minutes before you get dressed, allowing some of the residue to absorb. I wish I could find a deodorant that smelled exactly like this that performed a little better.