July 25, 2014 | 1486 users online

Deodorants - Drysol - Dab-on Antiperspirant

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by thaileen

This stuff has literally saved my life.. I didnt have the most severe case of hyperhidrosis , but it was still really bad.. I wouldn't even be able to wear certain shirts because I would always have sweat stains under my arms in a matter of minutes. That meant no tight or colorful shirts! All my shirts were either really baggy, or sleeveless. I used to use a dove deodorant which never ever helped reduce sweat , and it didn't control odour for very long either, so I switched to a secret clinical one and that one was at least reliable with odor control. I heard of the certain dri deodorant being awesome and actually stopped people from sweating, so I went to target in search for it but I could only find this drysol. It was $25 for such a small bottle, but I was pretty desperate so I grabbed it. This was honestly so worth the money, I bought it about a month ago and have only had to apply it about 5 times. It literally stops the sweating. I dont have to worry about what shirts I wear or be self conscious about smelling :) The one downside? When I put it on it itches more than anything.. I feel like I could scratch my armpits for hours and the itch will continue. It's the kind of itch that makes you want to rip your skin off, at least that's my experience. You're supposed to put it on before bed, so if I'm lucky enough to fall asleep with the intense itch, I feel fine the next morning. But to only go through that once or twice a week is worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I get this under the name Hypercare, by prescription. I use it on my hairline, so I don't get sweat on my face. It works like a charm, but is very itchy for an hour or so after I apply it. I don't need to use it more than one night per week, the effect works all week. For my underarms I use the less potent Certain Dri, because I like the roll-on applicator.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This stuff is pricey, but what can you do if you have stress related sweat- shell out the cash that's all. I apply it at night, shower in the morning then apply my normal deodorant. I only use it on nights that I know the next day will be hot, or stressful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by elmanzo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product saved my life! I had been going through somewhat of a crisis with sweat. I would break out on my hands, under my arms, even my feet and legs. Fortunately, Drysol solved those problems. I applied the product at night, twice, for a week and have already seen a VAST improvement. I barely break a single sweat now, thanks to this product. I have no trouble recommending it to others. Also, if the product doesn't work for you, I wish you the very best in finding a solution that does - I know how common and frustrating excessive sweating can be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am cursed with sweaty palms, and it's a little embarrassing when I have to shake people's hands during interviews. After years of frustration and embarrassment, I decided to see a dermatologist, who recommended this product. He said that if this didn't work, we would have to resort to botox (yikes!) I'm very happy that this product worked... amazingly!

I followed my dermatologist's instructions/treatment plan very precisely. Initially, I applied this product generously every other night, afterwards wrapping my hands in cling film and then socks so the product would be absorbed by my palm overnight (glamorous huh?). The next morning, my palms were dry and slightly burning/tingly, but sweat returned to them throughout the day. Over the course of a few weeks, my palms gradually became less sweaty, and I reduced the frequency of the treatment to once or twice a week. In 2-3 months, my palms were no longer sweaty, and I reduced the frequency even more - once a week. After 6 months, I stopped applying this product. Now, 2 years later, my palms remain sweat-free most of the time; I get nervous and sweaty occasionally, but much less frequently than before. I still have some product left from the first bottle that I purchased so I can always apply some before a big interview.

If you suffer from excessive sweating, give this product a try!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by TimDuncanFan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i l♥ve drysol. this is my 3rd day dry as a bone! i am now wearing tshirts. you name it i have baught and tried it from mens deodorant to womens clinical, organic deodorants and even certain dry. none worked. now its like all my tshirts are new all over again. i am so excited! i will forever buy this product. i baught mine online and it was $22. i will say that it does burn. but as i have used so many deodorants to me the burn is letting me know its working. i would rather deal with a little burn and be free than have to try to hide big underarm stains. and i would have to wear tanks even in winter cus dropps would roll down my arm.i now have freedom and always raise my arms now♡

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this product is my LIFE SAVIOUR!!!!!!
i am a girl with excessive sweating and STANK. no matter what i do, no matter how much i shower or how much deodorant i applied, nothing worked. i tried everything, believe me. scrubbing my pits in the shower with a pumice stone. shaving them daily to prevent any hair growing (sweat smells when it interacts with hair). i tried using scented alcohol sanitizers on my pits. i tried vinegar!!! because i read that it kills the bacteria that causes odour... i tried the "clinical strength" versions of all deodorants out there. then my doctor recommended this. perfection. no more sweating! sure it stings a bit, but i picked up the extra strength version, and the mild version works JUST AS WELL except no stinging! of course i would never use it on the same night that i shaved my pits.. so i alternate. one night i use this, the next morning i shave my pits, then skip a day, and repeat. i have bought bottle after bottle. i can go 3 days without using it and the effect lasts. i try to use it every other day though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Drysol for quite a few years now but I think I'm only on my 2nd bottle. I use so little of this and so rarely that the bottles last (and remain effective, in my experience) long past the "best before date" on the bottle.

When I first started to use this, I did the "3 consecutive days and then once a week", as per instructions but now, I find that I rarely have to use this more than once or twice a month. What is interesting is that I will still sweat if it's a blisteringly hot day or if I'm working out or doing hot yoga and I think that is healthy, but I have virtually zero nervous perspiration so don't have to worry about wet underarm rings showing at work.

I do find this a harsh product and I think it has permanently changed the skin of my underarms somewhat, hence 1 lippie off. But I love not having to worry about sweat stains and not having to apply antiperspirants and deodorants of limited effectiveness on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by drysol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used about 5 bottles now (I use quite a lot as I use them on a few areas of my body)
For those who are complaining about the burning and itching, I find that applying baby powder or cooling powder is very effective in remedying that. I have tried snake brand cooling powder and Johnson's baby powder. Snake brand is more effective in my opinion. Also, follow what other users or experts generally say, I.e. do not apply when skin is damaged or wet and such. People who do not have it generally do not see the extend of the problem and cannot empathise sufferers. Do stay strong and be positive. I am sorry if this didn't help you, I've given everything I know. Do still try other methods as I know it can get frustrating when methods fail again and again. Lastly, best of luck to your quest to stop hyperhidrosis!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am thrilled with how great Drysol works! The main ingredient is 20% aluminum chloride, which is even stronger than any drugstore clinical strength, over-the-counter antiperspirant. My primary physician wrote me a prescription, but I believe you can also buy on-line. The whole key with clinical strength antiperspirants is to apply at night, and not shave the day of application. Drysol has a neat little sponge-tip applicator, which makes over-application very hard. You only need the smallest dabs. I can usually leave the product on at night for about 3-4 hours (which is recommended), and then I'll wash it off, or I will get a rash. Some days I don't even think to use an extra deoderant/antiperspirant in the morning, that's how well Drysol works! When I start to sweat again about every 5 days, then I will use Drysol again at night.