April 19, 2014 | 1758 users online

Deodorants - Drysol - Dab-on Antiperspirant

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by elmanzo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product saved my life! I had been going through somewhat of a crisis with sweat. I would break out on my hands, under my arms, even my feet and legs. Fortunately, Drysol solved those problems. I applied the product at night, twice, for a week and have already seen a VAST improvement. I barely break a single sweat now, thanks to this product. I have no trouble recommending it to others. Also, if the product doesn't work for you, I wish you the very best in finding a solution that does - I know how common and frustrating excessive sweating can be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am cursed with sweaty palms, and it's a little embarrassing when I have to shake people's hands during interviews. After years of frustration and embarrassment, I decided to see a dermatologist, who recommended this product. He said that if this didn't work, we would have to resort to botox (yikes!) I'm very happy that this product worked... amazingly!

I followed my dermatologist's instructions/treatment plan very precisely. Initially, I applied this product generously every other night, afterwards wrapping my hands in cling film and then socks so the product would be absorbed by my palm overnight (glamorous huh?). The next morning, my palms were dry and slightly burning/tingly, but sweat returned to them throughout the day. Over the course of a few weeks, my palms gradually became less sweaty, and I reduced the frequency of the treatment to once or twice a week. In 2-3 months, my palms were no longer sweaty, and I reduced the frequency even more - once a week. After 6 months, I stopped applying this product. Now, 2 years later, my palms remain sweat-free most of the time; I get nervous and sweaty occasionally, but much less frequently than before. I still have some product left from the first bottle that I purchased so I can always apply some before a big interview.

If you suffer from excessive sweating, give this product a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by TimDuncanFan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i l♥ve drysol. this is my 3rd day dry as a bone! i am now wearing tshirts. you name it i have baught and tried it from mens deodorant to womens clinical, organic deodorants and even certain dry. none worked. now its like all my tshirts are new all over again. i am so excited! i will forever buy this product. i baught mine online and it was $22. i will say that it does burn. but as i have used so many deodorants to me the burn is letting me know its working. i would rather deal with a little burn and be free than have to try to hide big underarm stains. and i would have to wear tanks even in winter cus dropps would roll down my arm.i now have freedom and always raise my arms now♡

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this product is my LIFE SAVIOUR!!!!!!
i am a girl with excessive sweating and STANK. no matter what i do, no matter how much i shower or how much deodorant i applied, nothing worked. i tried everything, believe me. scrubbing my pits in the shower with a pumice stone. shaving them daily to prevent any hair growing (sweat smells when it interacts with hair). i tried using scented alcohol sanitizers on my pits. i tried vinegar!!! because i read that it kills the bacteria that causes odour... i tried the "clinical strength" versions of all deodorants out there. then my doctor recommended this. perfection. no more sweating! sure it stings a bit, but i picked up the extra strength version, and the mild version works JUST AS WELL except no stinging! of course i would never use it on the same night that i shaved my pits.. so i alternate. one night i use this, the next morning i shave my pits, then skip a day, and repeat. i have bought bottle after bottle. i can go 3 days without using it and the effect lasts. i try to use it every other day though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Drysol for quite a few years now but I think I'm only on my 2nd bottle. I use so little of this and so rarely that the bottles last (and remain effective, in my experience) long past the "best before date" on the bottle.

When I first started to use this, I did the "3 consecutive days and then once a week", as per instructions but now, I find that I rarely have to use this more than once or twice a month. What is interesting is that I will still sweat if it's a blisteringly hot day or if I'm working out or doing hot yoga and I think that is healthy, but I have virtually zero nervous perspiration so don't have to worry about wet underarm rings showing at work.

I do find this a harsh product and I think it has permanently changed the skin of my underarms somewhat, hence 1 lippie off. But I love not having to worry about sweat stains and not having to apply antiperspirants and deodorants of limited effectiveness on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by drysol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used about 5 bottles now (I use quite a lot as I use them on a few areas of my body)
For those who are complaining about the burning and itching, I find that applying baby powder or cooling powder is very effective in remedying that. I have tried snake brand cooling powder and Johnson's baby powder. Snake brand is more effective in my opinion. Also, follow what other users or experts generally say, I.e. do not apply when skin is damaged or wet and such. People who do not have it generally do not see the extend of the problem and cannot empathise sufferers. Do stay strong and be positive. I am sorry if this didn't help you, I've given everything I know. Do still try other methods as I know it can get frustrating when methods fail again and again. Lastly, best of luck to your quest to stop hyperhidrosis!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am thrilled with how great Drysol works! The main ingredient is 20% aluminum chloride, which is even stronger than any drugstore clinical strength, over-the-counter antiperspirant. My primary physician wrote me a prescription, but I believe you can also buy on-line. The whole key with clinical strength antiperspirants is to apply at night, and not shave the day of application. Drysol has a neat little sponge-tip applicator, which makes over-application very hard. You only need the smallest dabs. I can usually leave the product on at night for about 3-4 hours (which is recommended), and then I'll wash it off, or I will get a rash. Some days I don't even think to use an extra deoderant/antiperspirant in the morning, that's how well Drysol works! When I start to sweat again about every 5 days, then I will use Drysol again at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Yamiek

I had very bad excessive sweating, especially at school. I'd be walking down the hall and the sweat would be almost unbearable. I got Drysol and it stopped my sweating completely! I put it on once every 2 or 3 days at night before sleeping and it works until the next time i put it on. The only thing I have to complain about is that it itches after you put it on and don't put it on after shaving because it'll burn. This isn't very cheap either, it's about $25 for a small bottle but I can see That it'll last me a while. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I've had hyperhydrosis - overactive sweat glands - for around seven years (since grade 8).I suffered through it for two years trying every deodorant out there, including the clinical strength etc. My under-arms and feet are the worst. Constant 24/7 sweating that left wet footprints (even wearing thick wool socks) and huge sweat marks in my tops. I made makeshift absorbing pads for the underarm area of my tops and sewed them into all my shirts. There was a LOT of clothing that I couldn't wear because it would show the sweat too much. Hyperhydrosis is a hugeeee confidence killer, and can really hurt you socially. Finally in grade 10 I went to the doctor and was diagnosed. That night I used drysol on her reccomendation. The next day I was COMPLETELY DRY THE ENTIRE DAY. :) I spent the day with my boyfriend and I was absolutely shocked when I got home and hadn't sweat a drop the entire day. After that my life literally was changed. My confidence came back, along with the wardrobe I'd been missing out on. I joined the cheerleading team, and eventually became cheer captain.

I used it initially every night before bed for one week.
I gradually decreased my usage, now, years later I use it once every two weeks or so to maintain dryness.
Warning: IT BURNS AND STINGS AND ITCHES LIKE NOTHING ELSE ON THE FREAKING PLANET
I've seriously burned my skin several times, but usually it doesn't cause an actual burn, it just itches like nothing else. If you ice it; use a hairdryer after application, or sleep with a comb beside your bed to gently itch the area in the night then it can help lessen the itch; but seriously. This stuff burns. And might keep you awake. But it changed my life, sooooo I'll keep using it forever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by adrianabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very sweaty palms, and this stuff is really good for controlling it. I put it all over my palms at night (not every day, just when I feel like they're really sweaty) and then wash it off in the morning. But I have to warn you, they will completely dry out your hands (or wherever you put it) to where they're almost cracking. Then you'll feel like you need to moisturize (which kind of defeats the purpose). But once you wash it off, there is almost no sweat. I can go for a few days without sweaty palms after that. So it works really well, but don't put it on everyday because that would be overkill. And also, if you have any cuts, it will burn them.