July 29, 2014 | 2128 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Mjenkins101

THIS PRODUCT WORKS: I've been using Certain DRI for two days but TRUST ME it works! I tested this product the morning after I purchased it (Rite Aid: $9). I showered and put it on, I have a solid stick so I put between 4-6 strokes under each arm.
THE TEST: I wore a LIGHT grey TIGHT shirt, I had to go register for my classes for the fall semester and it was between 85-90 degress out. When I got in the car, of course it took a while for my car to cool down but I didn't wait and my armpits DID NOT sweat at all. Usually after 2-3 min. in the car; before it cools down, I can notice my armpits sweating. When I got to the campus, I purposely parked about a 3-5 min. walk away from the admission office and it was HOT, and my armpits did not sweat. I went through the day without sweating and not afraid to put my arms up.
FOR THE PEOPLE SAYING THE PRODUCT DOESNT WORK: If you have Certain DRI roll on , try the solid stick and if you already have the solid stick and it's not working put between 8-10 strokes and/or use Certain DRI A.M
THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT: This product is great, there are 4 different Certain DRI products; Roll-on, Solid, Roll-on A.M, Solid A.M. I perfer solid instead of roll-on but it's your choice, if you get the product and you don't see as much change as you would like use the A.M product as well. If it works for me it should work for you, my armpits didn't drip with sweat but it did keep me away from light color shirts and kept my arms down throughout the day so noone could see the sweat stain. NOW I can do those things.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

This didn't work for me. It didn't keep me dry nor did it prevent me from smelling. This made me stink pretty bad so I tossed it. I didn't even do any strenuous activity when I wore it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to antiperspirant. I find that I only need to apply twice a week (that's right 2 times a week) and my armpits are sweat free.

Works great in preventing blisters on feet when I run as well.

Trick is apply at night, it takes a few hours for the stuff to work on ones sweat glands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by angelika77

Ever since puberty hit, I started sweating, it was excessive and embarrassing. I always had to be aware of clothing I bought, because if I got anything too bright or tight, my sweat marks would be very very noticeable. It has been a struggle. If I took the chance and wore something sweat shows up easy on, I ALWAYS regretted it. I found this product about a week ago, and man, LIFE CHANGER!! Buy it. Seriously. It's a little costly, but it's worth it for sure. No more sweat marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Whaaaaat this stuff is great. I used to sweat more than average, but I use Certain Dri at night on my armpits and under my boobs. I blow-dry it on the cool setting completely, so it doesn't get itchy. I don't sweat at all from those areas now. I use it twice a week or so, at night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

There are very few cosmetic products out there that deserve the word "life-changing," and this is one of them.

No one likes to be a sweater (to the point where I was even like eh, do I really actually want to write about my adventures in sweat for this review?). I realized in middle school that I was, to an excessive degree. It's normal to sweat when you're hot or stressed or active. It's not normal to sit on your couch, watch TV, and sweat through your shirt - that was me. And let me tell you - being a teenager is bad. Being a teenager with sweat problems? Horrifically awful. I'm pretty sure I didn't raise my hand in class because I didn't want anyone to see. I wore all black not because of a goth phase, but because it is the only color that totally hides sweat stains.

Enter a tiny little blurb in Seventeen Magazine when I was about fifteen. It was written by a fellow sweater and recommended Certain Dri. I pretended that I needed lip gloss and had my mom drive me to Walgreen's (because, again, no one likes to talk about sweat). I snuck this up to the register and bought it. This was before the era of Secret's Clinical Strength, so the idea that there was a such thing as prescription-strength antiperspirant was kind of mind-blowing. And that was that - my sweating, while it didn't stop completely, was greatly reduced. I could wear colored t-shirts. I started trying in dance again, because I wasn't constantly living in fear that someone would comment on my pit stains (which they would, because fifteen year-old girls are terrible).

A few things about this. One, it won't stop you from sweating completely, but it does a darn good job. I applied it every day as an overzealous teenager - you don't have to do that (and probably shouldn't). It took a few days for me to first see results. Two, READ THE DIRECTIONS AND DO NOT APPLY RIGHT AFTER A SHOWER/SHAVING. Just don't. It burns like a m-f$@%er. Three, know that it's a much better deal and more effective than the more highly priced deodorant brands that have jumped on the clinical strength bandwagon recently.

Now, I'm in my twenties and the sweating has calmed down significantly, so I don't really use this anymore, except in situations where I know I'm going to be stressed out, etc. I used it for about eight years straight (with a few breaks here and there to try out the Secret stuff), so I really couldn't remember what it was like not to use it. One very important thing I did notice is that the skin under my arms significantly improved after I stopped using it (to be clear, I stopped using it every day once I sat my butt down and read the instructions). It is strong stuff and is definitely tough on your skin - I don't want to say the skin under my arms was discolored, because that's not the right word, but it was definitely darker and rougher. One of my friends uses it and, on the nights she doesn't apply it, actually uses coconut oil under her arms to help combat the skin issues and finds that it helps. If you seriously sweat like I did, this is probably an acceptable trade-off for you. If not - you've been warned and maybe want to go for the bigger brand clinical strength antiperspirants that are mixed with a deodorant and have skin conditioning properties (again, I didn't find them to be as effective).

Packaging is effective. It's not pretty, but you probably aren't going to sit this out on a nice shelf in your house anyway (hello, guests, I sweat excessively!). It's pricier than your basic deodorant, but less expensive than other clinical strength products. It has no deodorizing properties, so you're going to want to swipe on your favorite deodorant the next morning before heading out. I really only used it under my arms, but I've heard of it being effective with hands too. There are a ton of issues with the aluminum product in antiperspirants like this. It is, unfortunately, a bit of a necessary evil if you are a serious sweater and has to be a personal decision. It's one of the things that led to be seriously cutting down on my usage.

Anyway, this has been a long review, but bottom line - if you sweat a lot and are uncomfortable with it, you owe it to yourself to try this.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Abraxia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Walmart on a whim after having tried clinical strength deodorants to no avail and oh my heck is this one huge life saver! I've been struggling with sweat for many years (since I was thirteen specifically) and had pretty much given up when I spotted this on the very bottom shelf. I bought it not really expecting any sort of miracle but I quickly changed my mind. I used this as directed and I've honestly never been so clean and dry under my underarms, I will make sure to NEVER run out of this.
I didn't experience the burn that everyone else is talking about (probably because I have had laser hair removal on my armpits and no longer have the need to shave that area), but I have to agree that your skin might itch for a few days. This is due to the Aluminum Chloride in it which is working to dry your underarm sweat glands a little bit, NOT clog them as other reviewers have said.

Just a heads up on Aluminum Chloride, it's been linked to breast cancer in EXCESSIVE amounts, which has been proven countless times to not be a substantial amount to cause breast cancer in regards to antiperspirants. You should be just FINE using this stuff if you use it as directed, if you use in excessive amounts you might develop a rash but that's it. I used it once at night for the first three days and then stopped application. I've only been reapplying when I've noticed I've started sweating an incredible amount again.

Overall I say if you sweat a bunch or just have incredibly bad body odor that you're trying to take care of that deodorant simply can't handle all by itself get this, you won't regret it and at only four to seven dollars what have you got to lose, except maybe one of the best products on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by vanjasmine

Very easy application, no smell, dries fast, and you never have to worry about the antiperspirant getting on your clothing. Although I would recommend that you do not apply right after shaving because it could feel like your armpits are burning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Certain Dri is no joke. I bought this because it's the ONLY drugstore brand antiperspirant I can find that does not test on animals. There are cruelty free deodorants but I wanted a bona fide antiperspirant for the days I hike. Now, I don't sweat a lot, and most days I can wear nothing under my arms and I'm dry. I am very blessed with this. I usually just wear antiperspirant for " security" sake. So I picked up this bad boy Certain Dri roll on and put it on after shaving in my morning shower. WRONG!!!! I didn't read the instructions. You put it on at night, and it's suppose to last like 3 days. AND your not suppose to put it on after shaving. So about 10 minutes go by and my armpits are starting to burn. 30 minutes later I have these huge welts under both pits and my skin is starting to blister. The pain was atrocious. I jumped in the shower to wash off the Certain Dri but the damage was done. I gave myself one hell of a chemical burn. It took 2 weeks to heal. The upside is, I think I fried my sweat glands cause I haven't perspired under my arms in about 3 months now even with hiking. It's my own fault and I don't blame product.I didn't read the instructions. I also didn't need such a powerful antiperspirant to begin with. I found out later that they have an AM version that's has a lot less Aluminum Zinconium in it. That should have been my first purchase. If my sweat glands come back to life, I'll get that instead. Certain Dri is some powerful protection. I still gave 5 stars because I truly believe it works, not not docking it because of user error.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Glorylocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Five stars from me! An absolute must have. I have suffered for years from excessive underarm wetness. I haven't been diagnosed, but I suspect that hyperhidrosis is the culprit. This antiperspirant literally saves me so much embarrassment and need I add countless shirts! If you suffer from excessive underarm wetness like me..I would definitely recommend this! I'm on my second bottle in 2 years, so for roughly six dollars, this is a great deal!