Certain Dri

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Here's the thing; my friend and I were in a terrible predicament what with both of us in our late teens and having terrible sweating problems, it wasn't even funny. So we went on a witch- hunt for true antiperspirants and I found this on MakeupAlley.

The reviews seemed good enough, so we searched the stores for Certain Dri and came up empty handed.
We later found out that it was only available in the US and she was going anyway so she picked up some and got one for me.
So I tried it immediately and it worked surprisingly well, considering I put it on the night before!

Now, this works. No question. It's a godsend. I wasn't sweating at all, although I did start sweating a bit more on other parts of my body, like they said on the box, but not that bad. But my only problem is that it dried out my pits a bit and made them itch so. so. much. I mean, some days were O.K , some days were not. It was kind of annoying but you get to practice self- control. Like other reviewers said, it's a good idea to use a regular deodorant in the morning or when you're not using Certain Dri.
Now that it's autumn, I don't need to use it very often.

Overall, I recommend this for people with bad sweating problems or for summertime. But be warned of the itching and dryness!

on 7/23/2015 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't need this anymore. I'm a stay-at-home mom and I really don't care what my armpits look like. But when I was working in the corporate world this was a lifesaver. I worked with training new employees and and it could become quite nerve-wracking. Sometimes I would find myself sweating through my clothes for no reason at all. I resorted to this as a last resort, and I was very impressed with its wetness controlling abilities.
I never found it to stain clothes or irritate my skin, but I also never put it on right after shaving my armpits. I did apply at on completely dry skin. I used the roll-on version.
If I ever go back to the working world and notice this problem with over sweating I will certainly go back to the certain dri.

on 7/23/2015 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

on 7/23/2015 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

To put it simply: this product DOES work! I bought it from Walmart for about $6, which seems like a really good deal! I have been using it for about a week and a half, and I have seen really good results. I actually have only used it once or twice this week so far, and I still see great results!

-It worked for me after one application. I put 3 strokes on each armpit.
-It does not make me smell like it did for others.
-I don't sweat under my arms, like ever, now.

-It does dry out my armpits and irritates them. I usually put lotion and moisturizing deodorant on in the morning to help alleviate the irritation.
-I agree with others that it doesn't seem healthy to never sweat. I go to the gym, and I don't sweat under my arms. Instead, I sweat a bit more on my neck/forehead when I do vigorous activity, which is fine with me.
-I seem to get warmer a bit easier now. That could be from the warmer temperatures or something else, but I thought I would mention it for other users to take note of! I'm always cold, so it is kind of nice to be warm.

I have already recommended this product to friends who have had similar problems as me!

on 5/1/2015 6:22:00 PM

I've used Certain Dri off and on for about five years now. It works GREAT, but if you have sensitive skin this may not be the product for you. It is very intense. Also, I find that if I haven't used it in a long time, it takes about a week's worth of nighttime applications to see a marked difference. My skin is a little bit sensitive, but I found that if I'm careful about the amount I apply, only use it at night, and use an aluminum-free natural deodorant during the day (the main ingredient in Certain Dri is aluminum chloride, so I figured I didn't need to "double dose", so to speak), then I get good results, I don't stink, and I don't get any irritation. This stuff put an end to my pit stain problem that haunted me throughout my puberty years. I love this stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a miracle worker. I have tried many different antiperspirants and nothing helped me at all. This worked perfectly the first time. Everyday that my shirt sleeves aren't wet is like a little gift to me. I wish I had tried this sooner. The best part is that I really only need to use it every three to four days to stay completely dry. I would recommend pairing it with a moisturizing daily deodorant to avoid the dry, itchy skin that happens occasionally. If you have any issues with excessive sweating, give this a try. Seriously. HG product for me.

on 1/16/2015 3:34:00 AM

I used to use this antiperspirant at night because my underarms were very sweaty. All of my shirts would be soaked and decrease my confidence. I have not tried the newer versions because I no longer suffer from this problem. This product does cause less underarm sweating.

- Do not apply this product if you have wet armpits or after showering. Your armpits will burn and probably turn red.
- I applied this only at night because this is not a deodorant. It is strictly a strong antiperspirant. It actually caused my underarms to smell a little sweaty.
- I believe it took at least a week to really work for me. When it started working, I applied a little less often as needed.
- A small amount is all you need to use. Do not bother coating your armpits in this stuff. Just do a light stroke. Too much may cause burning. It did for me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

For years I suffered from overactive sweat glands in my underarms. I would sweat even in the winter months! Within just a couple of days of using this deodorant daily, I stopped sweating - I was seriously so relieved! This product is best used at night before bedtime, as it does remain wet and sticky for a little while after applied. In the morning, I found it best to follow up with a regular light scented deodorant. For me, this product caused a bit of drying and itching (especially when applied right after shaving), which is why I found it best to moisturize, apply a light deodorant, and over time I went from daily use to every other, and then every week. I continued using this product for 2 years, but now no longer use this product (stopped about 6 years ago) because I don't have an excessive sweating problem. If I ever find that my sweating is out of control, I will go back to using this.

FYI: As I mentioned, overtime I decreased my use of this deodorant, which is because I don't believe this product is exactly healthy. Yes, it is great for temporarily solving a problem or for intermittent use, but completely blocking underarm sweat for a prolonged time is not healthy in any way.

on 10/16/2014 5:18:00 PM

I've been using certin dri for over a year, if not two years. Within three days of this product I stopped sweating. Even when I worked out! I endured the itchy armpits because being able to wear anything was worth it. The only problem now is, they've changed their formula. I find it less effective. I now sweat through thin shirts again (not as bad as without it) just like I would with other clinical strength. Since I wasn't getting the industrial strength power I switched to Dove Clinical with the same results but with a beautiful fragrance and no irritation. I'm "testing" this Dove Clinical to see if it keeps my sweat minimal, if It doesn't I will go back to Certin Dri and maybe with diligence of more than three days I will see the old results.

on 10/14/2014 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Hello everyone :)

I use the clinical strength certain dri antiperspirant roll on. "stops excessive perspiration(hyperhidrosis) for 72 hours.

This is my first review I have done in a long time, but I needed to do this review as this product is amazing. Since puberty I have had an excessive sweating problem ( Hyperhidrosis ) and yes its gross its means I had big pit stains on my shirt and sometimes sweat would run down my arm , I know its gross and true , but I don't have these problems anymore because certain dri has worked for me. I have tried many anti antiperspirants before and none worked, I reviewed this product and heard many good reviews, although some people get rashes/irritations I decided to take the risk, as I am not allergic to anything. I can't believe how well this product works. I get 0% sweat and I am not lying. I paid $13 including shipping cost off ebay to get this shipped to New Zealand. Please try this product and don't be afraid of getting rash/irritation as you may be like me and only get a bit of itching.

My experience: When I first applied I didn't put enough on and it didn't work. Next night I put on more, and after I applied my armpits itched, but totally worth it because next day I had dry armpits. I use this every night. I don't get itchy anymore and I don't know why. I do shower and shave at night but I sleep late so I don't apply this product till like 6 hrs after shaven armpits, I apply it just before bed. I only use the one for night and the roll on formula, I don't use the am one. I was honestly amazed by this product so please try it and you have nothing to lose. I am shocked because i didn't think it would work this well, itís taking away all my sweat, I hardly get any smell either.

Pros: 0% sweat, hardly any smell under arm pits, $13 I consider a good price for a product that gives my confidence back, I am willing to help anyone that has any questions on this product so feel free to contact me emilyemilyworld@outlook.com

Negative: some people have irritation, I had itchy problem but it doesn't happen now, have to apply at night time, can't apply straight after shaving (certain dri antiperspirant comes with paper explaining all the do's and don'ts)

I hope I helped. I just wanted to spread the word that this antiperspirant is amazing and feel free to email me with any questions , I am glad to help and I understand your struggle as I used to sweat a lot , this could be the life changing product for you. Good luck and thank you for reading :)

PS: I use the roll on formula and I highly recommend you use this formula as it seems people have more success with it :)

emilyemilyworld@outlook.com - Here to help and support, not judge :)

Popular Deodorants