October 30, 2014 | 1617 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For years I suffered from overactive sweat glands in my underarms. I would sweat even in the winter months! Within just a couple of days of using this deodorant daily, I stopped sweating - I was seriously so relieved! This product is best used at night before bedtime, as it does remain wet and sticky for a little while after applied. In the morning, I found it best to follow up with a regular light scented deodorant. For me, this product caused a bit of drying and itching (especially when applied right after shaving), which is why I found it best to moisturize, apply a light deodorant, and over time I went from daily use to every other, and then every week. I continued using this product for 2 years, but now no longer use this product (stopped about 6 years ago) because I don't have an excessive sweating problem. If I ever find that my sweating is out of control, I will go back to using this.

FYI: As I mentioned, overtime I decreased my use of this deodorant, which is because I don't believe this product is exactly healthy. Yes, it is great for temporarily solving a problem or for intermittent use, but completely blocking underarm sweat for a prolonged time is not healthy in any way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by attarius

I've been using certin dri for over a year, if not two years. Within three days of this product I stopped sweating. Even when I worked out! I endured the itchy armpits because being able to wear anything was worth it. The only problem now is, they've changed their formula. I find it less effective. I now sweat through thin shirts again (not as bad as without it) just like I would with other clinical strength. Since I wasn't getting the industrial strength power I switched to Dove Clinical with the same results but with a beautiful fragrance and no irritation. I'm "testing" this Dove Clinical to see if it keeps my sweat minimal, if It doesn't I will go back to Certin Dri and maybe with diligence of more than three days I will see the old results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by rebecca68

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Hello everyone :)

This is my first review I have done in a long time, but I needed to do this review as this product is amazing. Since puberty I have had an excessive sweating problem ( Hyperhidrosis ) and yes its gross its means I had big pit stains on my shirt and sometimes sweat would run down my arm , I know its gross and true , but I don't have these problems anymore because certain dri has worked for me. I have tried many anti antiperspirants before and none worked, I reviewed this product and heard many good reviews, although some people get rashes/irritations I decided to take the risk, as I am not allergic to anything. I can't believe how well this product works. I get 0% sweat and I am not lying. I paid $13 including shipping cost off ebay to get this shipped to New Zealand. Please try this product and don't be afraid of getting rash/irritation as you may be like me and only get a bit of itching.

My experience: When I first applied I didn't put enough on and it didn't work. Next night I put on more, and after I applied my armpits itched, but totally worth it because next day I had dry armpits. I use this every night. I don't get itchy anymore and I don't know why. I do shower and shave at night but I sleep late so I don't apply this product till like 6 hrs after shaven armpits, I apply it just before bed. I only use the one for night and the roll on formula, I don't use the am one. I was honestly amazed by this product so please try it and you have nothing to lose. I am shocked because i didn't think it would work this well, itís taking away all my sweat, I hardly get any smell either.

Pros: 0% sweat, hardly any smell under arm pits, $13 I consider a good price for a product that gives my confidence back, I am willing to help anyone that has any questions on this product so feel free to contact me emilyemilyworld@outlook.com

Negative: some people have irritation, I had itchy problem but it doesn't happen now, have to apply at night time, can't apply straight after shaving (certain dri antiperspirant comes with paper explaining all the do's and don'ts)

I hope I helped. I just wanted to spread the word that this antiperspirant is amazing and feel free to email me with any questions , I am glad to help and I understand your struggle as I used to sweat a lot , this could be the life changing product for you. Good luck and thank you for reading :)

emilyemilyworld@outlook.com - Here to help and support, not judge :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Funsizedeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

OH MY GOODNESS!!! THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!! For as long as I can remember, and I mean, going back to middle and probably elementary school, I have always had a problem with excessive armpit sweating, all times of the year. It was so bad, I carried a sweater everywhere and wore black shirts to hide it. So embarrassing!! I tried every "clinical strength" deodorant out there, but nothing worked. I read about this on here and all the amazing reviews and decided it would be my last try before getting an actual prescription. It worked!! I use it every 3 days, always 24 hours after shaving. I have the bar one as well for when I need to shave and still use it that night. I will never ever ever go back, it's my holy grail!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I don't believe I have hyperhidrosis, but all I can really say is that despite vigilant use of deodorant and showering every day (I have an oily scalp), I still smell. So finally, I broke down and bought both this and the AM product. My only hesitation previously was that I shower in the morning, and I was confused by the whole process of putting a deodorant product on at night. So I scoured the directions and put it on, as instructed, at night. About 10 minutes after I got into bed, my armpits were itching and burning like nobody's business. I didn't actually scratch them though, because of the burning, and I was literally up all night in incredible discomfort. So I decided that the safe thing to do would be to skip the next day. But on day 3, I went back to it, but made sure that there were at least 12 hours between my shower and shaving my pits and using this. Same problem. The next day, I didn't shave, and the same problem again. After 10 days, I was so uncomfortable, I kept checking my armpits to see if I had swollen lymph nodes or abscesses under my arms. I decided at that point that smelling bad for a little while was a better option for me than living in extreme pain.

That same day, not willing to give up quite yet, I went on certain dri's website as a last ditch effort to see if they had any suggestions. When you click Contact Us, they have this form that you fill out, no email address or phone number. This is because they clearly have no intention of getting back to you. Completely unacceptable.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Mjenkins101

THIS PRODUCT WORKS: I've been using Certain DRI for two days but TRUST ME it works! I tested this product the morning after I purchased it (Rite Aid: $9). I showered and put it on, I have a solid stick so I put between 4-6 strokes under each arm.
THE TEST: I wore a LIGHT grey TIGHT shirt, I had to go register for my classes for the fall semester and it was between 85-90 degress out. When I got in the car, of course it took a while for my car to cool down but I didn't wait and my armpits DID NOT sweat at all. Usually after 2-3 min. in the car; before it cools down, I can notice my armpits sweating. When I got to the campus, I purposely parked about a 3-5 min. walk away from the admission office and it was HOT, and my armpits did not sweat. I went through the day without sweating and not afraid to put my arms up.
FOR THE PEOPLE SAYING THE PRODUCT DOESNT WORK: If you have Certain DRI roll on , try the solid stick and if you already have the solid stick and it's not working put between 8-10 strokes and/or use Certain DRI A.M
THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT: This product is great, there are 4 different Certain DRI products; Roll-on, Solid, Roll-on A.M, Solid A.M. I perfer solid instead of roll-on but it's your choice, if you get the product and you don't see as much change as you would like use the A.M product as well. If it works for me it should work for you, my armpits didn't drip with sweat but it did keep me away from light color shirts and kept my arms down throughout the day so noone could see the sweat stain. NOW I can do those things.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

This didn't work for me. It didn't keep me dry nor did it prevent me from smelling. This made me stink pretty bad so I tossed it. I didn't even do any strenuous activity when I wore it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to antiperspirant. I find that I only need to apply twice a week (that's right 2 times a week) and my armpits are sweat free.

Works great in preventing blisters on feet when I run as well.

Trick is apply at night, it takes a few hours for the stuff to work on ones sweat glands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by angelika77

Ever since puberty hit, I started sweating, it was excessive and embarrassing. I always had to be aware of clothing I bought, because if I got anything too bright or tight, my sweat marks would be very very noticeable. It has been a struggle. If I took the chance and wore something sweat shows up easy on, I ALWAYS regretted it. I found this product about a week ago, and man, LIFE CHANGER!! Buy it. Seriously. It's a little costly, but it's worth it for sure. No more sweat marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Whaaaaat this stuff is great. I used to sweat more than average, but I use Certain Dri at night on my armpits and under my boobs. I blow-dry it on the cool setting completely, so it doesn't get itchy. I don't sweat at all from those areas now. I use it twice a week or so, at night.