Old Spice All Products

4.6

BE WARNED!!! Read online complaints about Old Spice deodorant, especially if you have sensitive skin (and even if you don't have sensitive skin). Google 'Old Spice deodorant burns' or 'Old Spice deodorant complaints' and you will see what I am talking about. I tried this last Summer bc I sweat like a pig. Used this for about a week and I could not figure out why my left armpit all of the sudden hurt something terrible (as in it even hurt to hold my arm down, I tried to keep my arm elevated!!) and I had about 1 3"x2" rash in my left armpit. I began to have a suspicion that this deodorant was the culprit, as nothing else was new or different in my world or routine, so I googled the above suggestions. Sure enough, there are dozens and dozens of complaints and even some gruesome photos, if you dare to look...

After some more poking around, it looks like this was pulled from the shelves years ago and brought back. I cannot verify this, but it looks like it was pulled because of such similar complaints. Obviously it still is an issue for a lot of people.

Those who use this and swear by it, great!!! But just be warned. And FTR, it is not because it is 'too strong' for a woman. Most of the pictures are men's armpits. Personally I would rather wipe my arms down as needed or even shower twice a day and re-apply my trusty Secret deodorant.......the pain for me was THAT BAD....Who knew a deodorant could put you through so much misery..?!?!?

I was satisfied with OS deodorants, especially with the Bali deodorant, that has beachy, breezy scent. I like that it does not contain aluminium (not the ones with the red plugs), but I don't like stains on my clothes. It stained all of my white shirts, and that's a big reason for me to not buying it anymore. The packaging is also not the best.

MUA reviews led me to try this antiperspirant deodorant. I suffer with excessive sweating and have all of my life. The clinical strength antiperspirants for women seemed to be less effective for me recently, so I was looking for something stronger which was easily available in the drugstore. I had never given a thought to trying a product specifically for men until I saw the glowing reviews that this range received here.

When I tried this for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. I chose Hawkridge for its warm vanilla smell which was not too masculine. I did like the way that this stick applied clear, I get so tired of white marks all over my clothing from regular cream antiperspirants.

Halfway through my work day (after eating lunch outside in high heat and humidity) I feel a lot less damp under my arms than I would usually (which is a blessing) and so far so good. The scent of this is not overpowering, in fact I cannot smell this at all unless I really get close to my clothing.

Since I first started using this, I have not given a second thought to my deodorant. Usually about halfway through the day I would start to feel paranoid and keep checking myself but I no longer have to do that. I will keep on purchasing this as long as I can find it in stores.

I do have a small complaint about the mechanism for pushing up the deodorant. Mine became very stiff and required two hands to turn it. After about 2 weeks this broke entirely and I had to remove it. So now I have to push up the stick from the inside using the handle of a toothbrush. Annoying, but it solves the problem for now! This would not stop me purchasing this in the future.

I had been using these for a few months in different scents. I wasn't keen on Wolfthorn as my brain kept telling me it smelled like orange Gatorade. I didn't mind the pine/mint scented one (can't remember what name it has), but my favourite was the Blackcurrent Amber (I love anything Amber). Suddently after months of being ok with it, this deoderant began causing an angry excoriated rash to form in my pits. In the middle of summer too. I treated it with straight Tamanu Oil (my all purpose skin rescue remedy) and just "freshened up" the area with a soft water soaked cloth as needed. Once the blistered skin healed, I tried a few other natural brands of deoderant, and then after several failures at a few price points, I switched back to Kiss My Face roll on deoderant (and ultimately discovered their uscented one to be my new favourite). Up until my skin decided it did not like Old Spice deoderant, I would have recommended it to anyone since drugstore deoderant for women is next to impossible to find, and I don't want to wear antipersirant daily. If you have skin that is super sensitive, this may not be a good deoderant choice.

Bearglove and Wolfthorn (gray cap antiperspirant & deodorant)
Bought this for my husband because I hated the smell of old man when he'd get in bed after a shower. At first he thought wolfthorn was too sweet, but now it's his favorite. My boy's and I have also started to use these, and we love them they smell so good! I even turned my 16yr old niece onto these, and let me tell you...these anti persp/deodorants FREAKING WORK at controlling B.O. Poor girl, even shortly after a shower she'd smell as if she hadn't showered in days. I swear she has green fumes coming out her pits lol...but not any more!! After 15 years of using Dove I've found something I like even more and even though I was use to paying $1.97 for Dove, I don't mind spending double the price for Old Spice.
Hawkridge is also a scent women can use.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in Bearglove and Hawkridge. I love both, but I had to special order the Hawkridge, as no store around me carried the deodorant only version.

I had used Mitchum Smart Solid for years, but it is impossible to find in stores now, so I went searching for something new. Basically, I just wanted something that would keep me from smelling, and wouldn't stain my clothes. (I also originally wanted something unscented, but gave that up.) After a very long and irritating journey through the selections for women, I finally decided I would try Old Spice. (There is the natural Crystal deodorant, but as your armpits have to be clean when you put it on, that made it inconvenient for me, as I tend to shower at night.)

I am very happy with the Old Spice deodorants. Since it is deodorant only, you do still sweat (not as bad as I was expecting it to be), but I don't ever smell bad with this stuff. Even when I forget to put it on in the morning, it's still going strong from the day before. It's a blue solid, which for me goes on clear. (I have seen some complaints about it staining white shirts, but I don't wear white, so I cannot comment on that.) But I no longer get the dreaded white antiperspirant marks on my clothes, which I HATE. I got them with every women's antiperspirant/deodorant I tried, even the ones that were supposed to be non-marking or Ultra Clear. (I'm looking at you, Degree.)

The price isn't bad, $4-$5 depending where you buy it. And it's lasted a long time for me. I still have yet to use up my first stick of Bearglove, which I did use exclusively for a couple months before I special ordered the Hawkridge.

I can't figure out what the Bearglove smells like, but to me it registers as clean, not manly. And the Hawkridge is kind of a spicy vanilla scent, that I think I'll wear a lot in winter. If you're at all interested, go to the store and smell them. There are several options that are, in my opinion, unisex. And Wolfthorn smells like candy, or red fruit punch, depending on your perspective.

Simply put: I've gone Old Spice, and I'm not going back.

Please note: the picture shows the ones with grey caps, which are the Antiperspirant/Deodorant formulation. My review is for the deodorant only blue solid, which have red caps.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy cow- I can't believe I didn't try this sooner. It never occurred to me to try mens deoderant until I read the reviews on here. Sure enough, this stuff is great. The Secret Clinical I had been using wasn't cutting it and was ridiculously expensive. So I took a quick sniff of the Wolfthorn in the store and I was sold. It smells like candy, not at all manly. (Men might even find it to be too sweet.) And it is the best deoderant I've tried. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the one with the coconut scent. It's meant for men but I absolutely love it. It has this unique scent that made me choose it and good antiperspirant effect as well. We rock these deodorants with my man and I recommend those for both genders!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

MUA does it again. I was looking for a new antiperspirant/deodorant because Dove just wasn’t cutting it anymore. Not even the “Clinical Strength” version. So after I saw all of these reviews, I also Googled “women use Old Spice deodorant,” and lo and behold, it’s a thing.

I bought three from the Wild collection -- Wolfthorn (which really does smell like citrus Skittles, as another reviewer noted below), Hawkridge (spicy vanilla; yummy but better for fall/winter, IMO) and Bearglove -- but I returned Bearglove because IMO that one smelled very similar to the green Dove Go Fresh, kinda grassy/fruity, and I'm not a fan.

Still, this stuff works, y’all. It literally prevents me from sweating. At all. And, in the case of Wolfthorn and Hawkridge, this stuff smells REALLY good and not at all manly. The only downside is those ridiculous names. I can’t even remember them half the time. Is it Wolfridge, Hawkglove and Bearthorn? Hawkthorn, Bearridge and Wolfglove? I have no idea.

There is a fourth one in this collection, too – Foxcrest – but I smelled it in-store and thought it was straight-up man-smelling. More on the woodsy tip, if you will. Not my cuppa, but citrus Skittles and vanilla? Sign me up!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

heh. this is mine too lol

I gave Old Spice a try thanks to the lovely MUA ladies, and I'm now a fan for 3 wonderful years! It just works!! I've switched to other brands when I was in "testing phase" but I keep coming back to Old Spice. In fact I ALWAYS have a backup Old Spice in my room.

I sweat a lot, I have my dad's genes. I sweat when I'm nervous, when I'm walking, the moment I am warm, even when I drink a lot of warm soup. Wtf. Old Spice has been able to keep me BO-free, keeps my clothes BO-free, and it lasts me 24 hours! I'm using the white Fresh Collection Antiperspirant one. It does have aluminum but there is not enough evidence to claim it causes cancer. Therefore I am a proud owner of an aluminum deodorant. Deodorant with natural ingredients do not work AT ALL on me.

Downside: it lasts me exactly 24 hours. No more. That's fine! The gel and invisible ones do not work on me unfortunately... so I stay with the white solid deodorant, which usually ruins my blouses.

After 24 hours, I start to smell... it's how my body do. I make sure to wipe my pits (with baby wipes) before reapplying just to rid myself of bacteria.

Top Rated Old Spice Products