July 31, 2014 | 1303 users online

Makeup Brushes - Too Faced - Retractable Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by AnnaNicholeB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a year and a half I still use this brush! Flawless, natural finish you can't beat! I use it with my studio fix powder and it just looks so smooth. You receive beautiful results vs. the prepackaged sponge provided with it. Love finding great quality products. The only thing I disliked is that my retractable case fell apart but I guess that was due to my poor handling. I still use it regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I adore this Kabuki. The packaging is SO adorable. It's honestly the cutest thing ever. The brush itself is insanely soft and high quality. It applies my mineral foundation so beautifully and evenly, giving my skin a soft airbrushed look. It's all in the brush - my foundation just doesn't look the same without this gem. I love that it's retractable - it fits inside my tiny DAily makeup bag for touch-ups on the go. The packaging is also very sturdy yet lightweight metal, so I know the brush will be safe and will stay closed in my bag. This brush has quickly climbed it's way to #1 fav. Xoxo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very pretty on-the-go brush. It is super soft, and the packaging is great. I don't feel it picks up a lot of product, though, which is why I'm not giving it full marks. Still, quite satisfied with it, particularly since I got it off eBay at a bargain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have two Kabuki brushes so I am reviewing this against the other I have which is Bobbie Browns. If I have not used Bobbie Brown's before, I would give this the highest marks and will re-buy in a heartbeat.
This brush is very soft, doesn't shed, 5-stars for the retractable packaging which is so portable and easy to take out to use. The only thing is I find it a tad too densed (so much so it actually feels 'hard') for my liking, in that, as one reviewer said, it can buff away all the powder that you had put on! So I have to use this with a very very light hand, and most of the time, I just use it to blend by a dabbing-motion on my face, just so my powder doesn't get buffed away. Hopefully in time to come, through use, it will be less dense and get a little fluffy-ier (I wish it shed a little in this respect).
Bobbi Brown's density is better - fluffy enough but yet not so densed. Except that Bobbi Brown's comes in a pouch which takes a little effort in ease of usage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

Please disregard my below comment! What I was previously talking about was the Too Faced bronze-buki brush (with the flat top) and it was terrible, but now I have this one and LOVE it!! Ultra soft and doesn't waste my product (like I said below) it applies makeup evenly and it's easy to build up with bronzer but not so much that you'll get too heavy of a look. Love it, between this and my Make Up Forever kabuki, I have found the HG bronzer brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is ultra soft, and really holds any powder on it. The best thing is a great brush as long as you clean it daily with a anti bacterial brush spray and wash it weekly this will last you a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

So soft, perfect for finishing powder or powder foundation. great for travel or at home. Packaging is very sturdy and cute, I feel like it will last a long time. I was hesitant to buy because of the expensive price but its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by nf25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After trying all the different brushes from MAC, Dior etc. I almost gave up on powder forms of bronzers and blushers, because all of them made my sensitive skin red and full of rashes even with all the shampoos and conditioners for brushes. But then I convinced myself to buy this and I am in love, it is so very soft, it doesn`t leave my skin itchy and it blends the product so naturally. This is 100% hg brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by 0ireeeneee0

This product is really really soft!!! i love the feeling of it on my skin.. it picks up my mineral foundation quite well and blends smoothly on my skin... amazing amzinggg product!!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this brush for about a year and I'm very pleased with it! I bought it to replace a Smashbox kabuki, and I believe this brush is superior to that one -- the bristles are much softer, and I've experienced less shedding.

Pros: Cruelty free, tight bristles, very soft. Portable. Applies products evenly and without streaking.

Cons: Kind of expensive. After a year of daily use and occasional washing, I am noticing a bit of shedding (still, less than I experienced with the Smashbox kabuki or the BE kabukis I've used!).