Secret Platinum Clear Gel

2.9

on 3/1/2010 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As someone who has had an odor/perspiration challenge for years, I have finally found my HG of deodorants/ antiperspirants. It seems like I've tried just about everything. I had rashes with the products that worked; the 'gentler' formulas just didn't do their job. This product is wonderful; I've been using it for a couple years now, and I haven't had any skin irritation or rash. The gel glides on smoothly and dries quickly, whereas I've found the solid stick varieties to drag on the skin. This does not stain clothes (unlike the white solids). Most importantly, it really works! I just wish there was more product in the container. If you are prone to allergic reactions and are looking for something that really works, give this a try! I give the same high recommendation for Secret Scent Expressions clear gel. I use both, as I enjoy the different subtle fragrances (except anything with lavender or baby powder!). I like switching them up. I always have a couple spares on hand; this and Scent Expressions are the only ones I'll buy.

on 5/5/2009 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love it!!! It works, it smells great (all scents) and it does not stain my clothes. It drys well.

on 4/17/2009 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only deodorant that I keep buying. I prefer to use gel deodorants over the regular ones because gel ones don't stain your clothes as bad. I recommend this because it's the best deodorant that I've used and it smells so good.

on 3/3/2009 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I didn't think it was possible to actually make an unusable deodorant, but I have just been proved wrong. Bought this on a whim because of the scent (arctic apple), which was actually really nice, but this turned out to be an awful product. When I put it on it felt like a cold slime on my armpits until it dried to a gross white crustiness that pretty much coated my clothes. I've never given much thought to deodorant before, but this was so uncomfortable I couldn't focus on anything else until it was washed off. Not good.

on 1/25/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

First gel deodorant I've ever used. I bought green apple, from their Sparkle collection. I love it! It's weird to get used to, but it really dries clear and I haven't noticed residue on my clothes. I ran out, so I tried the solid verison, but didn't like it as much. I just went back to the gel, in Brazilian Cherry. The scents are great, suble and sexy.

on 12/29/2008 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this in the past and just hate the gel deodorants....doesn't help at all and leave a gross and white mess on you and your clothes,would never use again..not to mention it broke me out under my arms=(

on 12/23/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The store was out of my top three choices, so bf grabbed this. My first thought was "ick take it back ick ick ick" - I hate gels, always have.

But, I was in a pinch. I know you're supposed to put them on a dry arm and let it dry, so I did that. A quick swipe of a tissue dried my underarms, and I put on a thin layer of this on each arm. I put it on before doing my hair - arms up and moving around, drying it. That's not my usual order, but I thought I'd try it.

It hasn't kept the wetness completely at bay - when fixing my bra strap I felt some, and thought, "Oh, great, I'm sweating" - so I did a finger sniff check. It was just a little dampness, but it didn't smell, at all. It was just "powder fresh" water, basically. A little annoying, but overall, with the experience, I'm liking it more and more. I'm especially liking that it's not on my clothes!

I'll probably repurchase, though there'll be some shopping around other gels now that I've given this a try and gotten nice results. I'll post more opinions as I try more products!

on 7/24/2008 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Yuck! Too wet & didn't keep the wetness at bay & I don't usually sweat much.

i finally found the perfect deodorant! i sweat a lot in the summer or in hot weather, and this one actually kept me all dry and smelling great! success for once ha lol

on 5/26/2008 1:35:00 PM

I remember now why I don't like gel deodorants--they stain your clothes. At the end of a day of having this stuff on, it turned the underarms of my lavender shirt pink! Thankfully, it was back to normal after scrubbing with soap and water, but I think I will stick to solids from now on. Gels tend to bleach or discolor clothes. I mean, who has time to "let their deodorant dry?" I usually just put some on as one of the last things before I leave the house.