Goldwell Color Definition Light Shampoo for Fine Hair

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Oh my. You would think that this shampoo would perform better than this. Killed my colour - the highlights are gone, the shine is gone, and it is frizzy beyond belief. The curl is weird and poofy. My hair is dry and crusty. This, after using my usual great conditioner, a particularly good conditioner for my hair, and leave-in treatment that my hair loves. I am sick about the colour - I worked really hard for the blonde I finally had and now it is all brassy and yellow, I am really angry at this and disappointed, and now I swore never to leave Aveda or Redken again. And never, NEVER, buy shampoo at Winners because there has to be a reason it's at Winners to begin with. Wish I tried it early enough to return it.

I love this shampoo just as much as I love the matching conditioner. It leaves my hair soft, clean, and shiny. This shampoo does not weigh my hair down at all either. It has a nice light scent that is not overpowering. For a 25.5oz. bottle it costs $26 at Ulta, so it is well worth the money! My hair is just above my shoulders, so I just need one pump of shampoo. This bottle is going to last SO long! Goldwell makes high quality great products!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This conditioner is just okay. I feel that it might be a little too light for my hair. It does lather well. I like a lot of Goldwell styling products, but this shampoo is just alright. The smell might need to be changed because it is a little dull.

on 8/28/2007 3:08:00 PM

I have very fine, fragile, color treated hair and this one, along with its conditioner, was a nightmare. I ran out of my usual L'Oreal Vitamino Color after relocating and was desperate to find an alternative locally. Upon using, the scent was nice enough but I knew I was in trouble after combing through my towel dried hair and seeing the mass of hair that came out in my comb after just 1 use. Having spent nearly $40 on the shampoo & conditioner, I have given it a few chances periodically and the same thing happens every time: masses of hair on my comb after washing. And not just a few hairs, we're talking major fall out. When I return to my regular routine, the hair loss stops. It's unfortunate b/c aside from this tragic aspect it seems ok - nice shine, not weighed down... Something in this my hair just hates, though. So it garners a Worst Shampoo Ever Used for the hair loss alone.

on 6/30/2007 12:20:00 AM

This has replaced my old HG shampoo, Goldwell "Color & Highlights." This however, is still pretty much the same formula. Still has that AMAZINGLY CLEAN scent (which I never get sick of!)! I really can't believe this line isn't raved about on the hair board- in fact no one really ever mentions Goldwell. Really, it's the line I turn to over and over again. This shampoo has a pretty gentle cleanser in it for my standards, Sodium Laureth Sulfate and has zero silicones. Keeps my hair clean, doesn't weight my hair down nor does it dry it out and doesn't fade color and I even used this when I had mega blonde highlights. Love this, it will continue to be one of my favorite shampoos.