April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Moisturizers - Peter Thomas Roth - Mega-Rich Anti-Aging Cellular Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by hugapug99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin gets really dry, but is sensitive and acne prone. This had made finding a moisturizer pretty difficult. I really like mega rich and have been using it for about a year. It's a bit too much for daytime use so I only use it at night. I use PTR Ultra Lite during the day under my MU. So far this combination has kept my skin well hydrated and healthy looking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

If you've read my reviews, you know I've been thru countless skincare products, especially moisturizers. In the end, above La Mer, Bobbi Brown, L'occitane, and Guerlain, this cream from PTR has ended up winning hands down. It definitely is mega rich, but it absorbs wonderfully, moisturized, and leaves my skin very smooth and soft. I haven't noticed much anti-aging in the 2 months I've been using it, but it is the only cream that not only helps dryness but aids in the relief of my dehydration also. As rich as it is, it's not heavy at all and makeup applies over it like a dream! I actually had this for a while before starting to use it...I was so certain that one of theirs expensive creams I was testing would outshine it that I barely gave it a thought. I was so very wrong. It appears pricey at first, but I got the 3.4oz and it is actually super economical considering how little needs to be used, and considering the price of all the luxury moisturizers that claim miracles. Thumbs up again PTR!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by janisa323

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product as a night cream for the past 3-4 years and I can honestly say that it's kept my skin well nourished. I'm in my mid 30's and people frequently mistaken me for being in my 20's. I think it's because I have so few wrinkles on my face from using this night cream along with my wonderful Shiseido eye cream. This cream is not cheap but is worth the money because it has kept my skin looking young all these years. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this product, especially in the frigid northern winters! My skin is on the dryer side and needs more help when the temperature plummets. On top of that, add the dry heat, the lack of moisture, and winter can wreak havoc with one's skin. Enter Peter Thomas Roth's Mega-Rich anti-Aging Cellular Creme. Pure hydration for the face filled with peptides, vitamins and botanicals that leave my face radiant, glowing and moisturized immediately and for hours.
Mega-Rich appears greasy in the jar. It's shiny. It's consistency is smooth and very easy to spread. A little goes a long way. 1.7 oz at $85.00 US is inexpensive when I think of how long the jar lasts me. Although it seems very shiny in the jar, it doesn't go on my face in a greasy consistency at all. You only need a little because the creme spreads really well. The shine isn't there but a rich radiance is with a rosy glow. My skin feels instantly moisturized and ready to take on the winter weather and dry indoor humidity.
I use Mega-Rich on my face, neck, décolletage and upper and lower eye areas. My skin feels firmer and I've also seen a lessening in my fine lines. It's probably plumping them and also keeping new ones at bay, but that's ok with me. It's working. That's what matters.
I like using a product that has natural ingredients in it, especially if they've been proven to work. Mega-Rich contains Avocado Oil which has natural moisturizing factors and antioxidant properties; Vitamin E, A and C are all antioxidants; Vitamin B5 is an anti-inflammatory; Echinacea moisturizes and conditions; Grape Seed Extract diminishes free radical damage and also has antioxidant properties; and Green and White teas which have the highest concentrations of all the teas for antioxidant properties. There are also a variety of peptides to round out the mix. Because the container is so large and the mouth is wide which I consider unsanitary, I use a scoop to put a smaller amount into a tiny container that I'll use with my fingers. The large jar I keep in the fridge. I'm on my third jar of this classic creme and wouldn't be without it.
Full Ingredients:
"WATER (AQUA), GLYCERIN, ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-3 (ARGIRELINE®), C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-3, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CARBOMER, POLYSORBATE 20, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-3, ISOCETYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, PANTHENOL (PRO VITAMIN B5), PEG-100 STEARATE, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E), PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL, VIOLA TRICOLOR (PANSY) EXTRACT, FOENICULUM VULGARE (FENNEL) SEED EXTRACT, SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE, OLEIC ACID, LINOLEIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, LANOLIN OIL, MALIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, ALGAE EXTRACT, TRIMETHYLSTEARYLOXY SILANE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, HEXAMETHYLDISILOXANE, RETINYL PALMITATE (VITAMIN A), ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), CAMELLIA OLEIFERA (GREEN TEA) SEED EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS (WHITE TEA) LEAF EXTRACT, ECHINACEA ANGUSTIFOLIA EXTRACT, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT, CENTALLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA, WHEAT AMINO ACIDS, ASCORBYL METHYSILANOL PECTINATE, SOLUBLE COLLAGEN, HYDROLYZED ELASTIN, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ZINGIBER OFFICINALE (GINGER) ROOT EXTRACT, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT,TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE, BISABOLOL, LANOLIN ALCOHOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM PCA, HISTIDINE HCL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPLYPARABEN.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The mega-rich line just doesn't work for me. The eye cream burned, and this facial cream made me break out in a red rash all over my face. I love some of the other PTR products, but something in here bothers me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by cityskin

This is luxury in a container without the $300, La Mer price tag. I tone, apply treatments, and then rub a bit of this into my face. At first, the texture was a little unusual, almost sticky, but my face loves it apparently because soon after I glow. You would think the glow would fade after putting my foundation on, but no, it doesn't, it's still there. Onto the technicalities, I haven't used it long enough to know the effects on anti-aging, but my skin looks healthy and I'm willing to be loyal to it for now until something else catches my eye. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Ijustlovemakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisterizer has come to save my skin. It has balanced my skin, not dry or oily. My skin is now looking hydrated and hydrated. love PTR Mega rich anti aging cellular creme

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by JudiWickham

I had been layering oil, serum and then moisturizer on my skin, as it was so dehydrated. Started using this and it is all I need. No more oil or serum needed. I have been using both day and night and my skin has never been happier. It is chock full of good stuff, peptides, vitamins a,c,e, aha's, pretty much all of the ingredients I have ever heard of that are beneficial. A few fine lines that I had, have also vanished after about a month of using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jennifer1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At age 42 all of a sudden I noticed my skin felt tight (dry).
I tried so many products! This was the only one that keeps my face feeling "normal"
This is definatly for dry skin types! This is now my HG. I am on my second 4oz jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by babythequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this moisturizer. It is very hydrating and calming on the skin. It gives me a dewy, healthy look. It doesn't cause me to break out, which has been a problem for me in the past when using other moisturizers. Definitely an amazing product :)
UPDATE: This product began breaking me out and therefore I had to stop using it. Also it doesn't have spf in it, which is a definite draw back in terms of anti-aging.