July 30, 2014 | 1112 users online

Polishes - L'Oreal - Pro Manicure Nail Polish - Breaking Curfew 380

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Love this color! The formula is amazing. I've had this on my nails for 7 days and it hasn't chipped yet. The only problem is this didn't last very long in the bottle. After having for a year it has gooped up. I would buy again even knowing that because of the staying power and color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eggplant shade called to me and I wasn't disappointed. Went on fine, average wear. Flattering on my pale winter skin and matched my colder weather outfits nicely. Glad I have it in my collection!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by diana6

Lovely dark, purplish red-brown color, but the staying power is terrible! It chips way too quickly and easily for such a dark color. I even used it together with the base coat and top coat from the same Pro Manicure line- it peeled right off in the shower! Also took FOREVER to dry. Ugh.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by lyrae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not impressed! I picked it for its similarity to Revlon's "Vixen", my HG colour, but the L'Oréal polish quality is poor. It was gummy on my nails and took a long time to really dry. It also bubbled on my nails -- not as badly as "Vixen" did, but enough that it's visible and annoying.

With two coats (plus base and top coat) it chipped the first day. On the third day I applied a third coat and another layer of top coat it continued to chip, while also still feeling gummy.

I'm sad because it's a great match for "Vixen", and I may try it once more with really really really thin coats, but I have little hope for this one.

Back to my search for a quality "Vixen" replacement!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm warm, tan, MMM, brown hair, brown eyes and as a pedi, 2 coats of this is a grape juice color for me (definitely not as dark as fivezero's pic), and jelly-like. Out of all the darks/vampies I had, this is the only one that survived my purge. I love the L'Oreal Pro brushes, formula, how it applies, dries and wears. Great polish, and this is a great shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a dark brownish red. It's a great color if you want a dark red that still looks red rather than almost black. It has lasted 2 weeks on my toenails with very minor chipping at the cuticle. Much better lasting quality than I have found in OPI or Essie. Huge rave for this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by riffrandal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color is just like Vamp - a deep burgundy that works great in contrast with fair skin. I love the applicator brush, it spreads perfectly making it simple to apply to each nail in three simple swipes. I've found the Pro Manicure line with L'oreal is consistently wonderful when it comes to lasting power and just overall quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

Breaking Curfew is from L'Oréal's new line of Pro Manicure nail polishes, which come in chic square bottles that are reminiscent of Essie bottles. This colour is a deep plum-browned red creme that lies comfortably in vampy territory. It's a great substitute for more expensive colours like Chanel Vamp and Essie Wicked. I did need three coats to even this one out, but frankly, I need 3 coats for the Chanel and the Essie, as well (though the application for these two brands is slightly better). I wouldn't bother to repurchase this, just because I have enough dupes as it is, and were I to run out of this colour, I'd go with the Chanel and Essie every time.

Pics:Nails continued >>