October 24, 2014 | 876 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Yves Saint Laurent - Tinted Matt Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by SPONZA1711

Best tinted ever!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2005 8:16:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

first problem i encounted...the ma couldnt find the tester...its okay, she was new...then she couldnt find a shade that would suit me...she felt #1 was too pinky on me, #2 was dark but better...but i felt i like #1 & #2 was too dark...then came the trying on part...my skin is combo/oily skin - dry cheeks during winter & oily all over during the hotter months. when the ma applied this on, it all went well till she came to my nose...& she kept rubbing the stuff in with her fingers, then she used a sponge, pilling on the stuff & i finally asked her what was wrong...she said the skin around my nose was peeling...i took a look & it was true! My nose was fine in the morning & fine when i went back to remove the stuff...Ohhh...by mid-day i was shiny...then came evening...woh...grease-ball...nope make that a darkish orangey grease-ball...

the only good thing about this (aside from the lousy choice of colours, the skin reaction, the greasy look & oxidisation) it actually did give more coverage than other TM i have tried. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2005 10:29:00 PM More reviews by BuBBle_29

This is one of my favourite foundation becos it gives mi a veri matt look and the coverage is good! It's not veri expensive but a minus point is the variety of shade is veri limit...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by christa365

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went out and bought this because of all the rave reviews. I even saw past the orangey color and bought it anyway. But let me tell you, this product is sooo poor. First off, the only saving grace for the color is that the product is so thin it's hard to detect any color at all. That said, why buy the foundation in the first place? If you apply enough of this stuff to actually even out your skin tone, you'll wish you hadn't because you'll look like you subsist solely on a diet of carrots.

As for the "mattifying" effect, that may be the only thing this foundation provides, but it is minimal, and your skin won't resemble that of a porcelain doll's like it would if you used a mattifying foundation - instead, you'll look more like night of the living dead, your skin will look lifeless and dull. Naturally lifeless and dull, albeit, "like your skin but" worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2005 1:41:00 AM More reviews by maarit

I'm very happy I read the reviews before setting out to get a TM! First of all, my face is on the oily side and this works brilliantly. It keeps the greasy shine at bay and offers lovely coverage. Doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup but makes my skin look so much better!
Don't be scared by the color of this stuff, it doesn't look orange on.
I had a hard time choosing between #1 and #2 but ended up getting the #1.
This is my FIRST HG! But if you have flaky skin, test it out first, it might work differently on dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2005 2:47:00 AM More reviews by navN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thanks to my great friend Candy Highbeams , who recommended this to me. This is the best tinted moisturiser I have tried ( used mac select tint , shiseido , clarins) the texture is perfect , the coverage is medium and it holds very well ( not turning the face greasy ) in very hot and humid conditions .Will def repurchase , I wore this TM during night outs and gave me no problems of needing more coverage .Love this !

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2004 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Sovain

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this product, one reason being is that I have been so impressed by the YSL products lately. However this tinted moisturizer did not do it for me. On the plus side, I like the simple tube packaging, and the colors are fabulous - the #2 just disappears on me, no neck line! (I have fair skin with lots of pink undertones)) and takes a lot of the redness out. The finish is not shiny, very natural. However this is where the problems starts for me. I have combination skin and the dryer areas just don't like this product! Showcases my pores and starts looking powdery very soon after applying. Maybe I have too much dryness in my skin. A similar product that works wonderfully consistency wise for me (and gives you a wonderful glow, but not shiny) is La Prairie cellular energizing finish, however the colors are limited. The quest goes on...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2004 4:45:00 AM More reviews by mountainshadow

My HG tinted moisturizer! I love its coverage and it looks really natural. Did not break my sensitive skin out at all. I'm using shade 01 which is sometimes a little bit too light and cool for my NC-20, real light cream/ecru skin but I will live with it. Makes my skin glow and doesn't have the swallow yellowish tone that many foundation I tried have. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2003 6:49:00 AM More reviews by PrincessAddie

This is the king of tinted moisturizers.
It comes with a semi-matte natural finish with just the right coverage.
It doesn't give you a greasy/shiny look, so you don't really need to dust on any powder afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2003 9:36:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

I always receive so many compliments on my skin when I wear this.This is weightless non-greasy and goes on beautifully.Sheer, never looks like makeup but makes skin look so much better.Definitely one to try if you like no makeup- makeup and possibly a slight tan (not a great number of shades).