September 20, 2014 | 1478 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-color Play Up Trio for Blues

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is awful. The pigmentation is poor, and the shadow doesn't blend at all. With that said, when you try to apply this as directed, you end up with a horrible looking mess, no matter what type of brushes or sponges you try to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

I think I must have a slightly different formula from the poor reviews -- the shadows in my palette don't look blue, they look more like silver, charcoal grey, and brown. (The package directions did call the silver & grey "lighter blue" and "blue" but... they don't look blue at all!) I bought this for travel, because my two most basic looks are a silvery eye or a brown eye, and it seemed like a good space saver. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I don't keep a primer or eyeshadow base in my travel kit so I've been using these on their own, yet they're very pigmented and stay on well without creasing. I'd buy another Almay palette based on my experience with this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by 2010

This was the first eye shadow palette I ever bought. However, I found that the blues just didn't look good on my eyes. (I have dark blue eyes). The only shadow I used from this was the brown colour (I think I had the original formulation). I threw this out after using it a couple times and that was that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first ever eyeshadow and I have to say I love it!!! My eyes are not blue, but I bought this because I thought the colors looked nice. Now usually, I wouldn't wear blue shadow, but this greyish-metallic-blue offers a nice shade and used with the brown and silver colors, this makes a lovely eye. I am comfortable wearing this to school and anywhere else. It is my go-to color when I don't know what to do with my makeup and I always get compliments when I wear it. (EDIT: I'm guessing the main reason people hate it so much is because blue eyeshadows don't really go with blue eyes. That's the only thing that was wrong: Almay is telling you to where a shade in the same color as your eyes. Please don't think this will make your eyes look any more blue!)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by erinelaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I couldn't make this work *at all* on my light blue eyes. I should have listened to the little voice in my head that said "piling tons of blue shadow on blue eyes DOES NOT WORK!"...but I thought maybe I should try breaking out of my box and giving it a try. Nope. I ended up giving this to my daughter for her play makeup box. I think part of the problem might be that eyecolors (especially blue eyes) run such a gamut from cool icy blue to warmer gold-flecked granite, o a that one-size-fits all is a losing proposition. EDIT: Gave it two stars because the texture and pigmentation of the shadows was quite decent. Just all wrong for light blue eyes and cool skintones.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by rainbowsprinkles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I have light blue eyes. It made me look horrible, like I didn't know how to choose colors. Blue and blue on blue? Not a good look! I guess I can still use it for the brown but it is a bit dark compared to the light blue shadows with it. Also, the packaging could have been better with a mirror.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by bigb00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very blue eyes. And when a product came out and was supposed to make them look "like sooo amazing " I was too excited and grabbed it.
Well To put it simply - I looked like I was out of the 70's. Blue Eyeshadow is not cool - and I looked like a fool. I was late for work because I had to wash my face ... it was that bad. I use the brown color until it was gone. Thats it.

NOW that was a while ago and now they've made a new one with a Grey, Navy and pink. I think that MIGHT work.. if the navy isn't too blue.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by starstruckkthriller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found a set for blue eyes a long time ago at Big Lots. The eyeliner has magically disappeared and the mascara has dried out. Yet I still have this, not in the greatest way. When did I think I would ever need these colors? Almay, really? I seen the new colors maybe I'll try those.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by kandice292

For the record, up until 3 months ago I would've given this product a 5. BUT now they completely changed the brown color!!! They created a new palette with sandy colors which is pretty nice but I was using the original palette of copper brown and blues the past 4 years. When they created the new palette the gorgeous copper brown wad eliminated completely. Now its a dark dull brown with blues and the new palette same dark dull brown with a bright copper color and light sand color. The old color I'm speaking of was in between the dark brown and bright copper. I am so disappointed. I used to get so many compliments ob that color. My husband even noticed the difference. I'm actually so upset by this that I wrote to Almay about it...highly doubt anything will come of it tho. Needless to say I am on the hunt for that dark copper brown in a different brand...physicians formula's palette for blues has a nice one but not dead on in my opinion. Almay has lost a long time consumer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kandie128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. Its got some gorgeous colors and they are very blendable. My favorite is by far the beautiful shimmery copper shade. I find it to be fairly idiot proof and it really makes my eyes pop. I just wish the sand color was a touch lighter.