Kevyn Aucoin The Brush Stroke Eye Powder Pencil in Olympia

4.5

on 4/13/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm heartbroken that this product is discontinued, because it's my go-to eye pencil. I can't usually get away with eyeliner, but this is a lovely, warm copper color that doesn't look too bold. The application is a breeze, because like almost all Kevyn Aucoin products, it has a user-friendly design. I especially love the little blending brush on the opposite end.

Waaah. Please bring this thing back?

on 3/21/2007 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is one of the new products in the KA line. It looks like a chunky eye liner pencil with a little brush on one end. It's physical similarity to typical cream eyeliner pencils is misleading b/c it actually is a powder formula. Goes on smoothly and silky like a traditional eyeshadow powder and blends extrememly easily with either fingers or the little brush. Doesn't tug or pull, and the color goes on very sheerly. It can be built up easily though. I wear it as both eyeshadow and as eyeliner. Looks very nice in the crease especially. The color is a sheer, shimmering, warm toned bronze. I want to get some of the other colors as well--most of them looked very pretty. And surprisingly the brush is useful and really nice quality. I would and will repurchase, most likely in some of the other colors too.