October 1, 2014 | 1693 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This Flat Top brush is awesome and so soft. The bristles are dense so they pick up a good amount of product and helps with a full coverage look. (which I need since I have acne and acne-prone skin) I use this with the Everyday Minerals semi-matte base (mineral foundation).

Only downside is when I first used it I looked on my chest and there were loose bristles that fell off. But after a few uses, they bristles didn't fall out anymore. And it is smaller than what is pictured, but I like that for getting hard to reach areas well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by etain_anders

My HG brush for applying mineral foundation. It's super soft but very dense and it picks up and applies powder beautifully. It gives thick foundation coverage, and with extra buffing on prepared skin, it can almost make your mineral makeup seem to 'disappear' leaving perfect skin behind. This brush rarely sheds, washes easily, and lasts for years (I've yet to throw one out).

I have two that I swap out between washings, and a third in storage just in case they discontinue this suddenly. One caveat: if you use this to apply powder, your skin has to be *very* *well* moisturized. Otherwise when buffing, this brush will cause even slightly dry patches to look awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

I really like this brush! It is eco friendly with synthetic bristles and a bamboo handle. It is made with quality, the hairs rarely shed (and I've washed it dozens of times). It feels soft when I use it and really applies foundation well.

I do not use this for mineral foundaiton, but for applying liquid foundation. I stamp the foundation into my skin for lots of coverage. For applying to the full face, I stipple it around and then buff. I buff like crazy and it has withstood this for a year! Completely worth the money :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by betriix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nicely made brush, but (as all flat-tops probably) very harsh if you have sensitive skin. The flat head of the brush makes all the little hair tips jab your skin. You may not notice it if you don't have sensitive skin. After a couple days of using it, my skin became red and inflamed. Some people like this shape, but unless you have very tough skin or just don't care, I would recommend a tapered shape. Honestly, skin should not be "buffed," especially not with a flat top. Who ever came up with this horrible and damaging idea?

I also find this brush (as other kabuki type shapes) too large to apply mineral makeup precisely around small contours. My favorite brush is the brown faux chubby blender 160. It's probably available at a few places, but I got mine from Meow. It's dense, soft, tapered, and a little smaller, so you can get into all the nooks and crannies, yet it's large enough to cover a lot of ground quickly.

If you insist on using this style of brush, I would say this is a good option, because it's well-made for what it is.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by zeebrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is just flat out amazing. I had left it aside for ages because I actually don't like the way it distributes bronzer because it doesn't seem to be able to do it evenly enough for some reason. It's probably because the brush wasn't meant for bronzer application so i'm not going to fault it for that. But then again it's also probably not meant for bb cream application but holy shit it is honestly the best brush out there for this. I have used countless of "foundation" brushes to apply my bb cream and for the most part, the application is fine but it requires quite a bit of effort to get it to blend properly especially around my nose. However, out of desperation one day because my brushes were all still wet from being washed, I grabbed this flat top brush. I squirted my VIP Gold bb cream, stippled it onto my cheeks and then buffed. I basically did my entire face like this. I wear spectacles so after buffing blind, I lean into the mirror to check on the coverage and see if i've missed any spots and FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A YEAR, there were no missed spots. I'm not even joking. I held off reviewing because I wanted to make sure it wasn't just a fluke. I am reviewing this brush after a full month of daily usage of "blind buffing" and oh my god, it is perfection. The way it seems to get into every single nook and cranny on my face. And with no effort at all! I literally take five minutes to put my face on before going to work. Amazing. And the best part? I have two more of these brushes sitting in my makeup drawer untouched. You have no idea how gleeful I am about this :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Great brush! I have owned mine for a year and it still looks new, except some of the letters have worn on the handle. I use this to set powder, or blend mineral or liquid foundation into my skin. Love the short handle because it's great for travel. A multi-use brush. Must have for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by pearbeary18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this brush for liquid foundations, and this works beautifully. It works with most all types of liquid foundations except the super runny and thin kind. I use it to first stipple on the foundation and then buff it all around. It makes the foundation give great coverage and a flawless look. I love it, and for the price, it's really worth it. Plus, it's vegan!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by judibean

I love this brush! I currently use this as my finishing powder brush. For me, it has the right equation of softness, hair density, and diameter. I can't believe I didn't discover flat top brushes until now. I much prefer them over the dome-shaped ones because they don't throw powder all over the place.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have had this brush forever and for whatever reason, I have only recently started to use it. Overall it is a nice brush. The bristles are soft but dense. I have not noticed any shedding despite having washed it. I can't recall what I paid for it but I would repurchase it again as it is my go-to foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by khiaraleigh

I bought this brush mid 2011 and I thought it was great for applying powder foundation however after owning it for around only 7 months the entire head of bristles came out of the handle one day while I was using it! I used it often but I have other similar brushes of various brands that I have had for years and this never happened. For the short time this brush lasted it was amazing, but sadly I feel it hadn't been made to last.