October 1, 2014 | 1907 users online

Moisturizers - Juice Organics Brightening Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I AM SO MAD. After finding this in the bargain bin at TJMaxx and reading some pretty glowing reviews, I was really psyched to try this moisturizer. I actually liked the smell and it made my skin wonderfully soft. After one night of use, whiteheads were popping up EVERYWHERE. I was upset but figured it must be a fluke-- my skin isn't *that* sensitive and I rarely have a reaction to skincare products. I used it again and A BILLION MORE WHITEHEADS. They are everywhere-- all over my T-Zone, cheeks, chin, forehead! I changed nothing else in my beauty regimen. Beware this product! I wanted to love this :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by serines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually liked this product, it's not perfect, but my face is picky. I have mild acne, pimples here and there, but mostly just bumps and redness. I use this in combination with witch hazel(my HG), and it keeps the acne at bay. It moisturizer fine, but leaves me a little greasy. I didn't notice my face getting "brighter" or anything, it looks the same, but I like this product. I'd buy it again if I didn't have anything new to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mutya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this in Ross on my recent vacation in Waikiki and boy I'm glad I purchased it! I was running out of my usual moisturizer and I couldn't find it anywhere so I bought these and planned to use it for a couple days (I'd die without a moisturizer even for a day!) as a replacement. I bought 2 replacements, the other one was Mac strobe cream and I found myself reaching for this item more than the Mac. I think this is sold in Target too. It helps illuminate my face and leaves it supple and ready for sunscreen. It's more than a run-of-the-mill moisturizer and it's worthy buy even at full price. I know I won't hesitate to get it if I run out of my Amore Pacific again. Love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just started using this a few days ago with the brightening cleanser. Having loved juice organics shampoo/conditioners and after reading reviews on drugstore.com and here, I decided to give this a try. I bought the small trial kit of cleanser and moisturizer. I have not tried the serum yet.
This has absolutely helped my skin so much in the few days I have used it - i am shocked. I have tried every moisturizer/cream/serum for my combination skin that is acne prone. My face was getting so blotchy that even with makeup on I didn't look "good". Add a couple of angry blemishes and...well you get the picture - not pretty. Nothing would calm my face down. The blemishes were just sort of hanging around and my skin was flaking. None of my regular arsenal of products were working. So I tried this. Just using the cleanser and moisturizer for two days has helped so much. No, everything has not magically dissapeared, but my face looks calm and every blemish is healing. The tone of my skin is already so much better. My makeup goes on better and overall my face just looks healthier, even with the healing blemishes. So far so good with this stuff! I just threw away many of my other products. I think that I am just going to stick with this for now. It just makes my face feel so good immediately after putting it on. Great!
P.S. Am I not the only one who does not notice the smell? I have a pretty sensitive nose, but maybe I just hold my breath when washing my face? It does not bother me at all and if it works I don't care what it smells like - really! You have people putting mayo and eggs on their hair for conditioner...that can't smell very good! This is a quick cleaning few minutes and it does not smell any better or worse than anything else that I have used.
EDIT: Had to take a lippie off. I am not sure if it is this stuff or not, but I am getting small little pimples. Will edit again if I find that this was not the culprit. I am not willing to take the chance right now as I am trying to get my face clear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff smells bad because it's all natural/organic, so all the reviews bitching about it smelling bad... now u know.

ive used this for just over a month now. it has caused me to break out, not terribly but bad enough. i still use it because this lotion does have a brightening effect to my skin and i can tell by using it over the past few weeks. i keep hoping the more i use it, my skin will get use and tolerate the lotion.. it has somewhat, im not breaking out as bad as i was. i dont use this as much as i first was. i use it maybe once a day and rotate between another lotion to try to minimize the break outs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

I'm one of those who loves a good hydrating moisturizer, but doesn't like anything too greasy or tacky. This is a very light lotion that doesn't feel tacky or sticky on the skin. I only have a small trial tube, so I haven't noticed anything in terms of skin brightening yet, but so far, no adverse effects like excessive oiliness, sensitivity, or breakouts. Yes, the smell is different, so if you don't like the fragrance of ylang ylang or overly earthy notes, you will not enjoy this product, or anything else in the Juice Organics Brightening line. I'm really very happy with this moisturizer so far, and might consider a full size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I admit, the only reason I tried this is because I was looking for more natural skincare products and this was on sale at a great price. I've been using this for about three weeks now and I like it. I can only use this at night because it's too heavy for the day. It also leaves my face shiny which is a problem for me because I don't normally wear makeup (foundation/powder). So, night application has worked best for my needs. I have noticed some brightening effects but nothing major. It's a great moisturizer and my skin feel fresh when I wake up. The smell is kind of um..."natural", sorry, can't think of a better way to describe it. No biggie though. I think I was just expecting a citrus smell because of the orange packaging and "juice" in the name. ***EDIT*** Now that fall is here, I'm not finding this too heavy for daytime wear. It absorbs well with no shine left behind.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by angelndevil

well , i got it in pharmaplus , in a very very cheap price , i guess no one buying them , so they were on sale . i am always a fan of the oganic stuff . so i bought them . i love the cleanser , but the moisturizer is not for me . i have combo skin , oily t zone , and dry cheeks . this moisturizer feels kinda sticky ..it's not the smooth matt feeling i like , and i think it might have something to do with my little pimples too , i guess it's too nourish for my skin. well , i will still give it try ..then update..love

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nightreaper

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Pro's:
+Moisturizes decently
+Smells lovely
+Made with all-natural ingredients
+Easy-to-use pump bottle
+Makes my skin brighter
+Easy to apply makeup over

Con's:
-I still break out!
-Somewhat expensive
-Doesn't take care of dry spots
-Skin still gets oily and flaky

Would I buy this again? Probably not. I think I need something richer for my dry/combination skin.

Would I recommend it? Sure; but only if you have slightly oily skin with no dry spots. Watch out for breakouts.

I hope you found my review useful. :)

-Alice (Reaper)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by colleenh86

Made by Juice Beauty, Inc. This is the drugstore "dupe" of the awesome Juice Beauty Green Apple Antioxidant Moisturizer, which I considered my HG.

The main differences between the two products, ingredient-wise, is that Juice Organics is missing DMAE and a couple of botanical extracts. The feel and effect are identical, the large majority of the ingredients are exactly the same, and the packaging for JO is better than JB. Oh, and JO is a third of the price. I will say the smell is slightly different (the herbal-citrus scent is slightly stronger in JO vs. JB), but I've grown to like it. Better than the added fragrance perfumes of most moisturizers.

This isn't your average face lotion. It feels sort of gel-like in the way it dries on the skin. Contains hydroxy acids, but non-irritating, and plenty moisturizing enough for me to use it as a night cream on my sensitive, combination skin. Never breaks me out; it's actually helped my acne (thank you, glycolic acid), smoothing away hyperpigmentation and improving the texture of my skin. My skin has never looked better, and I know this stuff is the reason.

If you are acne-prone and looking for a facial moisturizer that won't break you out, this is great. Also, oily and combination skin types will do well with this product. I can't recommend it enough.

INGREDIENTS: Organic juices of pyrus malus (apple) juice (malic acid), citrus medica limonum (lemon) juice (citric acid) & vitis vinifera (white grape) juice (tartaric acid), organic saccharum officinarum (glycolic acid), organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, organic camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, organic plant oils of butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) & simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed, organic honey, organic essential fatty acids of linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed & borago officinali (borage) seed, ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10), thioctic acid (alpha-lipoic acid), dipeptide-2, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, benzyl alcohol, disodium edta, phospholipids, hyaluronic acid, potassium sorbate, azulene, linalool, geraniol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, litsea cubeba (may chang) & cananga odorata (ylang ylang) pure essential oils.