October 20, 2014 | 2122 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Blue [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by eimear5sos

Loved this! It stayed all day, fanned out my lashes perfectly, had a gorgeous blue color, paraben free, awesome wand and cool packaging. I got this duty free in an airport. I like the color it provides, it looked nice against my shade of blue eyes. The shade of the mascara itself is a mix of navy and a dark blue. The packaging is cute, tube the same color as the mascara and silver joined writing. Also, I LOVED the wand. You could go lightly to give yourself a natural flick, or push right into your lashes to build for a gorgeous day to night effect. I have recommend it to a friend and I would buy it again, although i'm not actually sure if this shade is discontinued by Benefit. You can also get this is black, brown and plum.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by cjgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara.They no longer make this color....craaappp. they have come out with this horrible plum color that makes my eyes look tired. I love the blue, and the way it brightened up my eye whites. ive tried other blue mascaras but none are quite the same shade. I have to keep searching for a replacement, if anyone knows of one pls let me know. Why do they have to discontinue it for.....grrrrr.

Bought some recently off of ebay. Ordered it from the UK, cost me and arm and a leg but I'm glad I was able to find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by insouciantj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not generally spend much money on mascara, as I get a little neurotic about germs and don't use mascara often enough to warrant spending a lot of money on a new one every three months. This mascara is a pleasant exception. A reason that I don't wear mascara is because my eyes are sensitive to it and I'll find myself rubbing my eyes all day. This is good for sensitive eyes and great for brightening brown eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Angiewe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this mascara. If you're looking for a neon 1980's blue then this isnt the one (unless you really build it) but it does make a nice change to black and also looks really pretty with a bronze look in Summer. Probably wouldn't buy again as I prefer the Plum coloured version, which really makes my green eyes 'pop'

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by xcakexfacex

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

why are there so many bad reviews? this stuff is great! I was so upset when they stopped carrying it at ulta and sephora, but I recently found it online and I'm so excited! I forget exactly why I liked it, but I remember it was easy to apply and the color looked fantastic! not an overpowering blue, but definitely noticeable :) love this stuff

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this mascara for free in one issue of Seventeen Magazine. It was my first ever blue mascara so I was excited to try it. The wand was extremely long when I opened it up. When I applied the mascara on the lashes, it didn't make my lashes longer or fuller with volume. I didn't like it at all. I still have it because I got it for free but if I bought it, I would have returned it months ago.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara was such a disappointment! I had tried it on at Sephora using their wonderful wispy spoolies and I have to say, I love the color. It's a navy blue, that certainly always brightened my blue-green eyes. After trying it on a dozen times, I finally shelled out the $18 for this...and it was crap! The applicator wand is thick and useless, and the tube seemed almost empty from the start, as well as the product itself, which was thick and dried out. I should have returned this, but I tried to use it for a little while and eventually just threw it away. Do not waste your money on this crap, Maybelline GL makes a great Royal Blue mascara that blows this stuff out of the water.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Lilly13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hate it. Giant brush that clumps but does nothing else. I get that it should be a dark blue but sheesh... can't even tell it's any kinda blue unless maybe you're in really bright sunlight and even then you have to look really close. Very lame product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by yippee1999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gee....I'm surprised by all the bad reviews. This is currently my favorite mascara...I'm always trying new ones, especially those in the purple, indigo and electric blue shades...

This is the only colored mascara thus far that I've liked. Many people here said it wasn't 'blue'. I'm not sure what they were looking for ...navy? Electric blue? In fact, this is an indigo (purple) blue. Sure, when you look at the mascara straight on, it doesn't scream 'indigo'. But it certainly is not black IMHO. And when you see your lashes against your skin, either from the side view or whatever, you can most certainly see the indigo color.

I have greenish eyes, so purple mascara looks great on me. I've tried other purplish mascaras from Urban Decay (every tube I've bought was found to be dry almost immediately after purchase) and the new Tokidoki line at Sephora (wasn't crazy over the brush and the formulation also seemed dry...)

I don't find the BeneFit mascara to be dry at all. On the contrary...I find the tube can last me a few months before drying out, whereas with the Urban Decay that I mentioned, it was dry almost immediately after opening!

I also happen to like the large brush with this BeneFit mascara, as the bristles are large enough to help with separation. And I haven't really noticed any problems with flaking either....

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by defygravityy19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
    -Good packaging
    Cons:
    -Clumps
    -Gives no volume or length whatsoever
    -Big wand makes it hard to apply
    -Dries black, not blue
    -Does NOT brighten eyes
    -Gets sticky and clumpy
    -Expensive compared to the quality
    I could go on. I hate this mascara. I was so excited to get it, and it ended up being awful. I love BeneFit, so I was very disappointed.