July 29, 2014 | 1111 users online

Pressed Powders - Too Faced - Absolutely Invisible

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was in desperate need of a setting powder, because my foundation wouldn't stay on the way I wanted it to no matter how good of a primer I used. Too Faced's Absolutely Invisible Powder does just what I need it to: sets my makeup and lasts all day - I don't have to touch it up a single time during the entire day.

It doesn't add any colour - which is good and feels smooth on the skin. Perfect! Also, the packaging is sooo beautiful, I absolutely love that little jar.

A side note: the powder puff/sponge that comes with the powder is absolutely useless and after using it twice, it started to smell. So I recommend not using it at all and use a fluffy powder brush of your choice instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did you know this makes the BEST eye shadow ever? Your eye lid, but with the fresh skin colour of a new born..Applied over primer, it takes on a light yellow shade and brightens above the eye so much, it makes you look fresh and awake.This gives me the effect and non creasing power I always wanted Benefits Lemon Aid to give ( but it never did because it creased). So happy to have discovered this alt use of an item.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Vassgirl1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I needed something desperately to set my foundation as it seemed to slide off my face within a couple of hours. This has actually done its job reallyyy well. Just a note - Do not use the little sponge that comes with it, it's completely useless and just accumulates bacteria! Instead, I apply with a fluffy Sonia Kashuk brush and this works great. The powder is very fine so I do need to swirl quite a bit to pick up the product which makes me concerned that it wont last too long :/ Thats the only con! But I do love this product, it sets my foundation in place on my T Zone, does not make my foundation ball up (which is why I hateee powders!) , does not completely mattify the face which makes it look more natural and the best bit is that it doesnt leave a chalky/ashy look to your face! Deffo recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by cleo527

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product, its the smoothest/softest translucent powder I've found. I tried the mac finishing powder but I found it grainy and it seemed to sit on top of my skin and be drying, and apparently contained corn starch?? This too faced powder is so comfortable and I can blot and reapply (I have oily skin) throughout the day. It is way to expensive, but then again I'm the kind of customer who is suspicious of cheap beauty products. I recall the packaging being more streamlined and less chunky before, and the barbie like compact is a bit embarrassing to whip out, but I just love the consistency and and not overly mattifying effect, and I believe they don't test on animals which is so important!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by LianH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish the packaging was simpler and less big. I could do without the sponge applicator as I prefer a brush. Because its rather big it's less easy to take with you.

The big test will come in summer when I need a bit more help to set my foundation. The product doesn't give me a white look and blends in well with my skin and it does give a very nice finish to my make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Jammyc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hmm.. I wanted to love this product because I love Too Faced.

Fors:-
Lovely packaging
Separate compartment for sponge applicator
Colour is translucent and doesn't leave you looking ashy or like Casper (the friendly ghost)
I believe my skin has been in better condition since I've been using this product. No breakouts at all.

Not so good:-
I feel for the price a lot has gone into the packaging
The powder is uber fine, which is great but I have to swirl my brush around to get just a bit onto it!
The sponge applicator is no use, a little brush would have been better

I would buy this again because I feel my skin has improved since I've used it and its great having no breakouts. I would try Ebay etc before I paid full price though. x

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by 0oo0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is exactly what I need for my oily skin,I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by AMTracy89

I bought this product to use over my tinted moisturizer during the summer, hoping to use it as a setting powder. I was very let down after trying it for some time.

The powder did nothing for my slightly shiny skin, and I found myself wanting to reapply nearly every other hour. However, I kept myself from reapplying as the powder appeared white on my already fair skin. It was quite chalky and appeared powdery.

The packaging is nice and durable with a nice sized mirror. However, that is really where my pros for this product stop.

I will not purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Francepants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My Verdict:
Makes me Happy.

This was the first pressed powder I had ever purchased. Obviously I had no preconceived notion as to what I should have expected from it. I just went right ahead and bought it because it said "Translucent" on the description. And the packaging wasn't so bad either. Here's what I have to say:

-Not cakey or heavy feeling.
-Contains Aloe Vera AND Vitamins A, C, and E.
-Cover has built-in mirror (generically)
-Decent amount of product (0.32 oz) It's alright.
-Compact cover does not easily open. Locks tight.
-Doesn't sink into pores. Stays on the surface of the skin.
-Leaves skin a bit white, but nothing life-changing.
-Can be taken anywhere.
-Comes with a pathetically pink, flat, dead, flat, cylindrical applicator.

Meh. It nothing fancy or special. It's just like any other translucent powder. I would definitely buy it again for everyday use. However, it doesn't last for a long time, so don't expect your skin to still look as refined as it did 4 hours ago when you applied it. Touch-ups are a must with this.

Retails for USD$25 and around CAD$28-30. It's a bit pricey for such a product, but that's how it is, man.

BTW, I j'adore how it says on the mirror, "Why be pretty when you can be gorgeous?" Self-esteem went up a notch. lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

I believe I paid like 30 bucks for this and if I could find my misplaced Sephora receipt it would sooooo be going back! I have very, very, very oily skin and this does nothing more for it than a cheap drugstore brand would. I love the way it makes my skin look right after application, heck I even like the smell, but within 20 minutes my skin starts making pools of oils. K, maybe not that horrific but it is how I feel my skin looks. You know I just figured that for 30 green ones this would work a whole lot better. My search continues........