Phyto Phytojoba - Intense Hydrating Mask

3.7

Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Water/Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Ceteareth-20, Trideceth-12, Tetrasodium EDTA, Amodimethicone, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Linalool, Benzophenone-4, Phenoxyethanol, Parabens (Butyl, Ethyl, Isobutyl, Methyl, Propyl), Citric Acid -----2010 VERSION-----INGREDIENTS: Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol (from coconut oil), Water/Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Ceteareth-20, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum, Amodimethicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Trideceth-12, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Benzoate. NB: the preservatives have changed, compared to the ingredients listing higher up: minus the Phenoxyethanol & Parabens (Butyl, Ethyl, Isobutyl, Methyl, Propyl); plus the Methylisothiazolinone & Sodium Benzoate.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fine medium thick brown hair. I used to flat iron it without using a heat spray. So yeah obviously i fried it and i only noticed that after 2 years. I had no choice but cutting the damaged hair which happens to be all from roots to tips. So i decided to rock the world with a pixie cut.
Now the pixie grew and its awful looking. Specially that my hair gets frizzy easily.
So enough talking about my hair problems.
I bought the 200ml pot and this product for about 21$ (i dont know why people here said its for 40$)
And i agree that this feels like puting hand cream in ur hair. This is soooo thick and i usually like thick hair products. But not this
I also hate the smell.
I find it to work better than any mask i ever bought. Here is the trick :
I shampoo my hair then put this in , i use a lot of it and its horrible to use honestly. Its really hard to work it in. Then i leave it all night and wash it out the next day. Its also hard to rinse out. But it leaves my hair looking soo gooood. No frizz no damage. Yes truly my hair doesnt look damaged when i use this. I see a huge difference without it. My gets back to its lifeless brittle condition.
Also this product doesnt weigh down my hair. As i said i put a lot . And my hair is so short.
I use this from roots to tips. Still no greasiness.
I'm inlove :3 !!!
I just wish its a bit cheaper and easier to find.
Also its shelf life is short. As a person who only wash her hair once a week (i find it to work
best for me) i dont think i can go through 200ml in 6 months :/

UPDATE :
I put this on my hair and left it all night as usual, next morning, before rinsing it off, i noticed that my hair looks awesome. So i left it in.
Its awesome to use as a leave in too. I feels a bit sticky but thats normal as i used a lot.
The sticky feeling is gone on third day. My hair isnt weighed down also.
This stuff are awesome !!!!
I can simply put it in and go to school with it. It looks x3 greater. That can surely save time on exams days.

Feels like putting handcream on your hair...with the same results!

Might just be me but this did absolutely nothing for my hair, in fact it made it more pouffy.

Gutted to have spent that much on it.

This deep conditioning mask was a disappointment to me, so much so, that I am going back to Ulta today or tomorrow to return it (along with a leave in treatment that also disappointed from this line). I have tried many, many deep conditioning masks and treatments, of various price points, that work better than this one for $40! The product itself doesn't feel overly emoliating to the touch, and it certainly isn't overly moisturizing to the hair. I have very dry hair from getting regular heavy foiling, and more so lately from using a barrage of violet shampoos to try to correct a poorly executed coloring job at a new salon I tried. My hope was to find a HE product line with a reputation for improving hair health that produces a mask that would both drench my hair in moisture and smell nice, price no object. This has a nice citrus smell, but despite money heavily spent, moisturized my hair only about as well as a light-to-medium daily use conditioner. I am glad I bought it at Ulta and have the option of returning it. I bought a Pravana shampoo the same day, which is working out nicely so far, so I may pick up their conditioning mask instead.

Has an overwhelming strong 'chemical lemon' smell to it comparable to a cleaning product. Not fond of the product use. I dont have the patience to get out of the shower, towel dry my hair, work it through, leave it for 5 mins, then rinse it out. Not for the results it produces which are slim to none on my treated hair. The only time i noticed it making a difference was when i tried to leave it on..my hair felt more supple, but the smell bothered me. Next time i will save my money and invest in a good leave-in conditioner, or a rich conditioner that can actually be used in the shower.

About a year ago I decided I wanted to dye my naturally light blonde hair dark brown. To get it back to blonde, it was bleached 3 times in about 3 1/2 months, which obviously damaged it A LOT. I tried a few different treatments/deep conditioners, which helped but didn't do much. I decided to pick this up and after one use I couldn't believe how soft and healthy it felt! After using it 3 times once a week my hair was even healthier than it was before I bleached it! It is pretty pricey, but it lasts a long time and it's defidently worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was anxious when I bought phytojoba mask. If it didn't work for my hair it would have been an expensive fail. Luckily, it worked, I got the one with the new packaging.
First of all, I have lots of thick curly hair and I use flat iron often in high temperature. The process takes about an hour and despite heat protectants it is damaging. So I need a really nourishing hair mask to bring my hair back to life 1-2 times a week. I think this is it!
The scent is intoxicating, bitter orange and orange blossoms!
Consistency is quite thick but coats hair easily, you only need a small amount.
I use this mask on clean, conditioned, towel dried hair and leave it as long as I can (about an hour most of the times)
Rinsing is fairly easy and does not leave my hair coated with waxy residue like other masks I've tried before. I also like the fact that it contains lots of natural oils and no silicones.
My hair fell healthier, full bodied, shiny and manageable. That was all I asked for. New staple here, definitely!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My sample gave me weird "lion" hair, for lack of a better description. I have lots of fine hair, and right after using, my hair looked clean + pretty. But in about 8 hours, my hair was already starting to look greasy and--hard to explain--sections of my hair were clumping together in a way that made me look like I had way more hair than I had, but in a crazy, not-good way. I can even go so far as to say that it felt "rubbery." Yuck. Gross. In the trash it goes.

I used this as directed and it was probably the worst hair mask I've ever used. If anything it left my hair feeling dry and tangled, not the least bit moisturized. I'm not sure how it works differently on some people. I have fine straight hair that isn't overly damaged but felt that way after using this.

I got this for free from Ulta with buying other products. It doesn't really work for me. My hair is dry/ frizzy/ colored and I don't feel moisturized enough after using it. I'll finish what I have but will not repurchase. I tried a sample of the lisse mask also and felt it was the same.

I like to use this mask when my hair really needs hydration, like after swimming or being in the sun all day. I will shampoo then apply this mask and let it work its magic for at least 10 mins. Upon rinsing my hair is soft and smooth. Since my hair is fine I only use this when I really need it.