August 20, 2014 | 1978 users online

Conditioner - Phyto - Phytojoba - Intense Hydrating Mask

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

This deep conditioning mask was a disappointment to me, so much so, that I am going back to Ulta today or tomorrow to return it (along with a leave in treatment that also disappointed from this line). I have tried many, many deep conditioning masks and treatments, of various price points, that work better than this one for $40! The product itself doesn't feel overly emoliating to the touch, and it certainly isn't overly moisturizing to the hair. I have very dry hair from getting regular heavy foiling, and more so lately from using a barrage of violet shampoos to try to correct a poorly executed coloring job at a new salon I tried. My hope was to find a HE product line with a reputation for improving hair health that produces a mask that would both drench my hair in moisture and smell nice, price no object. This has a nice citrus smell, but despite money heavily spent, moisturized my hair only about as well as a light-to-medium daily use conditioner. I am glad I bought it at Ulta and have the option of returning it. I bought a Pravana shampoo the same day, which is working out nicely so far, so I may pick up their conditioning mask instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by nikki342

Has an overwhelming strong 'chemical lemon' smell to it comparable to a cleaning product. Not fond of the product use. I dont have the patience to get out of the shower, towel dry my hair, work it through, leave it for 5 mins, then rinse it out. Not for the results it produces which are slim to none on my treated hair. The only time i noticed it making a difference was when i tried to leave it on..my hair felt more supple, but the smell bothered me. Next time i will save my money and invest in a good leave-in conditioner, or a rich conditioner that can actually be used in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Brookeelise

About a year ago I decided I wanted to dye my naturally light blonde hair dark brown. To get it back to blonde, it was bleached 3 times in about 3 1/2 months, which obviously damaged it A LOT. I tried a few different treatments/deep conditioners, which helped but didn't do much. I decided to pick this up and after one use I couldn't believe how soft and healthy it felt! After using it 3 times once a week my hair was even healthier than it was before I bleached it! It is pretty pricey, but it lasts a long time and it's defidently worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by stls

I was anxious when I bought phytojoba mask. If it didn't work for my hair it would have been an expensive fail. Luckily, it worked, I got the one with the new packaging.
First of all, I have lots of thick curly hair and I use flat iron often in high temperature. The process takes about an hour and despite heat protectants it is damaging. So I need a really nourishing hair mask to bring my hair back to life 1-2 times a week. I think this is it!
The scent is intoxicating, bitter orange and orange blossoms!
Consistency is quite thick but coats hair easily, you only need a small amount.
I use this mask on clean, conditioned, towel dried hair and leave it as long as I can (about an hour most of the times)
Rinsing is fairly easy and does not leave my hair coated with waxy residue like other masks I've tried before. I also like the fact that it contains lots of natural oils and no silicones.
My hair fell healthier, full bodied, shiny and manageable. That was all I asked for. New staple here, definitely!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

My sample gave me weird "lion" hair, for lack of a better description. I have lots of fine hair, and right after using, my hair looked clean + pretty. But in about 8 hours, my hair was already starting to look greasy and--hard to explain--sections of my hair were clumping together in a way that made me look like I had way more hair than I had, but in a crazy, not-good way. I can even go so far as to say that it felt "rubbery." Yuck. Gross. In the trash it goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

I used this as directed and it was probably the worst hair mask I've ever used. If anything it left my hair feeling dry and tangled, not the least bit moisturized. I'm not sure how it works differently on some people. I have fine straight hair that isn't overly damaged but felt that way after using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by adama3

I got this for free from Ulta with buying other products. It doesn't really work for me. My hair is dry/ frizzy/ colored and I don't feel moisturized enough after using it. I'll finish what I have but will not repurchase. I tried a sample of the lisse mask also and felt it was the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Fitz801

I like to use this mask when my hair really needs hydration, like after swimming or being in the sun all day. I will shampoo then apply this mask and let it work its magic for at least 10 mins. Upon rinsing my hair is soft and smooth. Since my hair is fine I only use this when I really need it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by kokolani

i have mixed feelings about this product. first off, like other reviewers, i was disappointed by the cheap flimsy and thin plastic tub for such a pricey product. especially surprising compared to how they package their other phyto products. but anyways the result was very soft hair after i used it just as directed, ie. apply to towel dried hair for maximum absorption. i felt happy with it. then the next time i tried merely wringing out the excess water from hair instead of towel drying to save some time but it really didn't work as well and my hair felt limp and dry all day :( so next time i shall follow the exact direction again. i do enjoy the result, but i was hoping to use as an everyday conditioner as others have said it can be good for, and i now realize i don't really like going to quite the trouble, towel drying in between shampooing and conditioner step, each day.
one more thing. i don't think the price point is worth it. why is this twice as much as other high end conditioners/masks? i love my other phyto products, and while this isn't bad, i don't think i'll be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by alleycats3003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really disappointed with this product. The only thing I like about it is the smell. Packaging looks cheap for something that cost me > $50. I used this after shampooing and blotting my hair dry. It made my hair feel harder, stiffer and drier. Did absolutely nothing for the frizz and poofiness. Worse still, it made my hair weaker so I have breakage now.