December 21, 2014 | 720 users online

Makeup Brushes - Philosophy - The Supernatural Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Crab

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The Philosophy Supernatural Brush deserves all the praise it has received!!! If I had known how fabulously this brush could make my skin look when using my Everyday Minerals foundation, I would have long ago paid 5 times the $25.00 it cost. Congratulations to Philosophy for this brilliant invention!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I completely forgot that I had bought this brush! I think I bought it more than a year ago. Recently I pulled it out try try with a liquid foundation because my Sephora #55 was wet (just washed it) and I was shocked at how beautiful it applied my foundation. I like it AS much, maybe even more than the #55. The one drawback is that it has a smaller head so it will take a bit longer to apply make up - but other than that the finish it leaves is well worth the extra minute or two. It's soft, dense and not streaky. It also works well for concealer. Sorry I didn't pull this out of my stash sooner!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Who knew my first Philosophy product would be a brush and not skincare? I bought this after seeing it on the Nordstrom site. This is very multipurposeful.You can use it for concealer, foundation, blush, or blending. At $25 USD, it is very reasonably priced and I'm considering purchasing a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i've had this brush for 4-5 yrs.. and it's still in perfect condition! i used it when philosophy had these awesome pot concealer palettes (not sure if they still make them.. i havent seen them)... anyways... after i ran out, i used this brush to apply my Bare Minerals foundation for awhile... it's so soft and so dense, it would make the Minerals look so creamy and natural looking (even with heavier coverage). I also used it briefly to blend out cream blushes. Now, I started using CoverGirl/Olay under eye concealer, and this brush works so much better in the pot than my finger does! It applies the concealer just like the original palette... very even, smooth and not cakey! I'm so happy I have this brush. So versatile and great quality!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 2 of these little workhorses & would (will!) buy another in a heartbeat! I bought the 1st one for mineral foundation application & worked liked a dream. The densely packed bristles allow for precise spot coverage that can then be buffed out to your desired consistency. I use the 2nd for creams/liquids & although it takes longer to use with these, I get a flawless result & use less product ;) I am craving a 3rd for cream blush/bronzer use next. At a $25 price point, I think it's an excellent investment, & hands down, my favorite brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation brush that I have ever owned. I bought it less than week ago and I love it. I use it for liquid foundation. It is very dense. I can apply foundation to my face in about the same time it takes me to use my beautyblender sponge. The brush is also easy to clean. I wash it at night and it is dry in the morning. Also, this brush has nylon bristles. I don't know Philosophy says that it is a natural brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by ThatWasRhetorical

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hands down my favorite make up related item I own. And I own a lot. Also probably the only thing I'll go out of my way to review on MUA because I love it so much. I can do my whole face with a tiny bit of product without sacrificing coverage. Because I use less product, the foundation looks better. More natural, doesnt sink into my pores throughout the day because its not applied heavily. I didnt realize how heavy and how much product I use with sponges or other brushes. Way more than I needed. I also was able to give up buying $50 - $75 foundations at Sephora because this brush makes Colorstay look amazing. Cannot rave enough! I've had the brush for 3 years and it hasnt diminished in the slightest. Definitely worth the $, it isnt that much and will last you forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You pay for what you get. I didn't like this brush at all. It was too densely bristled, making it hard to clean. I thought the quality was poor too although it isn't an expensive brush to begin with. I got the MAC130 instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I still don't know why I wanted this brush. I guess I was lured by the promises of perfectly buffed foundation, but I don't use powder base and I think my tinted moisturizer isn't pigmented enough for a buffer-type brush to work. I thought it might also serve as a useful highlighting brush, since it has a small head (about the size of a quarter), but the bristles are too densely-packed; it ends up leaving a bright spot of product and 'buffing' a pigmented powder takes a long time and will end up rubbing off any concealer or foundation beneath.

It's a well-made brush and probably works wonders with powder foundation or even pigmented creams and liquids, but I couldn't figure out a good use for it and ended up swapping it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by whoopwhoopwhoopy

One of the very few HG items I use. I have used sponges, a flat foundation brush and the MAC 187, but this is the best. This gives an airbrushed look if you buff on your foundation with it. It works really well with more liquid and cream-based foundations (not gel-based). It does not shed at all and has a short handle, so it allows for great control. All of my friends use this as well and love it. My friend is a MAC makeup artist and uses this brush instead of any of MAC's on her clients. That's how good it is.