Dermalogica Active Moist

3.6

Not tested on animals

Lavender(Lavendula Angustifolia) Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Dimethicone, Lactamide MEA, Stearic Acid, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PEG-100 Stearate, Extracts Of: Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), Ivy (Hedera Helix), Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus), Sambuscus Nigra, Arnica Montana, Pellitory (Parietaria Officinalis), Watercress (Nasturtium Officianate), Burdock (Arctium Lappa), Sage (Salvia Officinalis), Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonium), Saponaria Officinalis, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed; SIlk Amino Acids, GLycolipis, Hyaluronic Acid, Lavandin (Lavandula Hybridia),Palmitoyl Hydroxypropultrimonium Amylocpectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Lethicin, ALlantoin, Panthenol, Cetyl ALcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyquaternium-10, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben,Propylparaben

on 2/1/2015 8:34:00 PM

This is one of the products that my skin can tolerate after ruining my face with 3 dermarolling sessions with doctor and using tretinoin (avitcid) cream for 3 months 2011.

I can not use this every day, due to my face skin being ruined, but I use it once in awhile.
It has quite strong smell. I wonder if it is artificial or natural?

on 9/14/2014 5:01:00 PM

A great everyday moisturizer. No frills or thrills...just a great quality lotion. I always use it when I feel my skin is reacting from another product I've used. Always help clear up a break out and keep my skin nice. Not the best option if you're looking for an antiaging lotion, but a great daily lotion. Would be great to use during your 20's...I just wish they had a sunscreen option!

on 8/18/2014 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this generous sample and have been using it for a month now. It's a good moisturizer if you have oily skin or if its summer. I have dry skin and I could not imagine using this in the winter. It didn't do much for me this summer in the way of good hydration.

It smells nice; smells like lavender and it smells clean. No irritation and no weird reactions. Dry skin women like me, stick with something else. Overall though, a great product for oily skin.

on 8/9/2014 7:46:00 AM

This moisturiser is designed for oily skin and I can see it would work wonders. My skin has slowly become drier and I find at times this doesnt leave me feeling moisturised it but this is not a product fault...just a user one! Works beautifully under makeup, absorbs fast and is light on your face to begin with. A+ product

on 6/17/2014 7:24:00 AM

I have been using this moisturiser for a long time now, years and I have always liked it and I dont feel it breaks me out! I suffer with hormonal breakouts which occur like clockwork around ovulation and menstruation. This moisturiser feels nice on my skin at night and also as a base under make up. I find I cant use it under anything creamy or I will breakout, for example AM+SPF+Foundation with clog pores but it seems fine alone under make up. I dont blame AM for breaking me out as I used this when I was on the pill and had lovely skin, I never had any pimples ever.

Used morning and evening this will last you around 4 months, I dont really think it is worth the price personally. You have to be careful when product is in your handbag loose, top can unscrew.

In recent time I have started to lose faith in Dermalogica products due to Parabens in pretty much everything. However, I am reluctant to change due to fear of breaking out. I am 31 and my skin is aging well so dont feel like I need, I look about 25 but that is more due to having oily skin (and teenage pimples) :)

on 4/24/2014 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Loved the smell and feeling of the cream but its given me stubborn spots. I changed all my products to see which one was causing me to break out and it turned out to be this.

on 2/3/2014 8:53:00 PM

I had this combination and acne-prone skin and used just a little amount of this moisturizer on my face+neck, so did my relatives. We love it. There was a distinct smell of this product which I really loved and it was absorbed really well, not too light or heavy, just perfect.

I used this product from September 2013 and I had some different opinions about it. Pros: it's a good moisturizer when it gets warmer and my skin gets a bit oiler, after using special cleansing gel this feels really refreshing on my skin. Cons: it didn't sink into my skin fast enough, so on the days when I wouldn't wear any makeup on my skin, and I used this my face would look oily for about an hour. Now don't get me wrong, when I gotten face mapped by a Dermalogica skin therapist I have normal skin type. And I liked the texture of this product because its light, I repurchased this 2 times already but now I'm ready to move on.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Finally! A moisturizer that I can use under makeup and feels lightweight! I used to often find that my skin even after moisturising would produce oil during midday. I bought this 10 months ago at the Dermalogica counter at MYERS & use it alongside the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel + Daily Microexfoliant. I wear this moisturiser under my everyday makeup which is relatively full coverage and I dont have to retouch my foundation. This product also works well if you are achieving a natural glow look as it leaves skin feeling well-quenched and healthy.

This moisturiser absorbs quickly and hydrates the skin without leaving that thick, heavy uncomfortable feeling. Others say that the smell reminds them of something medicinal but I digress, I find it easy to ignore for such a fantastic product.

The packaging is basic and hygienic. I also love that it comes in many sizes so I can take on overnight flights without having the airport security confiscating it. It is reasonably priced for a Dermalogica product. I just wish they had a version of this with SPF!

on 12/23/2013 5:04:00 PM

I've been looking for a great moisturiser for use under makeup. I have combination skin which tends to get shiny by about lunch time. Previously I was using Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive Skin lotion, and would need to blot and re-powder around midday (I also use oil free foundation).

I bought this about a week ago, but had yet to try it under full makeup, which I did yesterday. Well, yesterday was super busy and I only realised whilst driving home that I hadn't re-touched my makeup all day. Upon closer inspection I was amazed to find virtually no shine whatsoever. Absolutely brilliant.

The consistency is quite light, and absorbs very quickly. It is really hydrating and comfortable on the skin. Yes I would agree that the scent could be more refined, it's slightly 'medicinal', however this is a minor consideration.

The packaging is basic, but hygienic, and yay - a moisturiser in a 100ml size. Reasonably priced. No SPF obviously, however for performance under makeup this is a great product.

Update: Unfortunately had to stop using this as I developed a reaction to it. Every time I put it on my eyes would burn and water all day. I put it away and then tried it again a few times and eventually threw it out.