April 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Moisturizers - Dermalogica - Active Moist

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I had this combination and acne-prone skin and used just a little amount of this moisturizer on my face+neck, so did my relatives. We love it. There was a distinct smell of this product which I really loved and it was absorbed really well, not too light or heavy, just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by lynnlovesyou211

I used this product from September 2013 and I had some different opinions about it. Pros: it's a good moisturizer when it gets warmer and my skin gets a bit oiler, after using special cleansing gel this feels really refreshing on my skin. Cons: it didn't sink into my skin fast enough, so on the days when I wouldn't wear any makeup on my skin, and I used this my face would look oily for about an hour. Now don't get me wrong, when I gotten face mapped by a Dermalogica skin therapist I have normal skin type. And I liked the texture of this product because its light, I repurchased this 2 times already but now I'm ready to move on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by TheManyPromises

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally! A moisturizer that I can use under makeup and feels lightweight! I used to often find that my skin even after moisturising would produce oil during midday. I bought this 10 months ago at the Dermalogica counter at MYERS & use it alongside the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel + Daily Microexfoliant. I wear this moisturiser under my everyday makeup which is relatively full coverage and I dont have to retouch my foundation. This product also works well if you are achieving a natural glow look as it leaves skin feeling well-quenched and healthy.

This moisturiser absorbs quickly and hydrates the skin without leaving that thick, heavy uncomfortable feeling. Others say that the smell reminds them of something medicinal but I digress, I find it easy to ignore for such a fantastic product.

The packaging is basic and hygienic. I also love that it comes in many sizes so I can take on overnight flights without having the airport security confiscating it. It is reasonably priced for a Dermalogica product. I just wish they had a version of this with SPF!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Sheoak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking for a great moisturiser for use under makeup. I have combination skin which tends to get shiny by about lunch time. Previously I was using Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive Skin lotion, and would need to blot and re-powder around midday (I also use oil free foundation).

I bought this about a week ago, but had yet to try it under full makeup, which I did yesterday. Well, yesterday was super busy and I only realised whilst driving home that I hadn't re-touched my makeup all day. Upon closer inspection I was amazed to find virtually no shine whatsoever. Absolutely brilliant.

The consistency is quite light, and absorbs very quickly. It is really hydrating and comfortable on the skin. Yes I would agree that the scent could be more refined, it's slightly 'medicinal', however this is a minor consideration.

The packaging is basic, but hygienic, and yay - a moisturiser in a 100ml size. Reasonably priced. No SPF obviously, however for performance under makeup this is a great product.

Update: Unfortunately had to stop using this as I developed a reaction to it. Every time I put it on my eyes would burn and water all day. I put it away and then tried it again a few times and eventually threw it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

nice product but not HG for me! love the feel and how easy it sinks in but sadly no oil control! really hoped my skin would improve using this but it didn't! back to Clinique Moisturizing Gel for me!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Jennytherese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this! It took me years of trials and errors of drugstore moisturizers to find it before I had to throw in the towel and move to the high-end brands of skin care.

My skin is a combination skin with an oily t-zone and normal cheeks. This leaves my skin smooth and hydrated, yet it does not make me break out like many drugstore creams did. First I tried the Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream but during the summer this made my skin produce excess oil, so now I just use this during the winter when my skin can get many dry spots.

I take a pea-sized amount on my fingertip and divide it in five spots on my face; cheeks, chin, nose and forehead. I then start at my chin and work in light upward motions before I lightly massage what is left on my fingers, onto my neck.

I love that this does not contain any oils and that it is long lasting. The price is quite steep for this brand here in Norway (590 NOK = approx. 98 USD) but I feel I definitely get my money's worth!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE the Dermalogica products I have tried so far - Daily Microfoliant, Gentle Cream Exfoliant and Thermafoliant so I thought I'd try one of their moisturisers next as I am on the hunt for my "HG". I have combination skin so thought I should get this as it's decribed as "light" and "oil-free". My fault I guess, but I didn't really look until the ingredients until after purchasing. The 2nd ingredient is Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride which is derived from Coconut Oil and is high on the comedogenic scale: stay away if you are prone to clogged pores or breakouts! Also, there are other irritating ingredients such as lavender so this is not good if you have sensitive skin - I developed small red dots around my fragile eye area. Paula Begoun rates this as POOR by the way says that due to its fatty acid content, caprylic/capric triglyceride may clog pores (judging from the other reviews it seems to confirm this is true). The reason why is there is naturally occurring bacteria in our skin that feed off of oil, breaking the oil down in to smaller pieces called free fatty acids. Medium chain fatty acids as found in Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride are great food for this bacteria. Therefore I would stay away from anything that is going to stay on or coat your skin (i.e. not be washed off) that contains this ingredient. Sure enough, as the day wore on my t-zone looked very oily/shiny and my skin in general looked congested, dull and grey-ish with a few small blemishes forming. PLUS, I feel it is overpriced and smells weird (almost mildew-y/rancid) which makes me feel icky putting it on my face! It FEELS icky too. Also because I've tried many other good moisturisers I feel I know how a moisturiser should feel and make your skin look and this just doesn't match up - I don't think moisturisers are Dermalogica's strong point, more the "treatments" and cleansers.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by LBooz16

Perfect oil free moisturizer for us 30 something's who aren't quite dried out but also not as oily as we once were. It sinks right in and hydrates well but with no oily aftershock. I just wish they would come out with the same formula but with SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by seannaghorr

The best moisturiser for me. I have combination skin which gets very oily and also very dry. This moisturiser is perfect for effective moisturisation without that greasy feel. It is not a cream but a lotion. Incredibly soothing. Worth the money definitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Regitzelokke

I have tried tons of Dermalogica products and it didn't really impress me, but this is the only product that I can't live without!
It is very good for my oily/acne-prone skin and it smells amazing. I would diffidently recommend it.