October 21, 2014 | 1751 users online

Eye Shadow - Sana - SANA EXCEL eyeshadow duo

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2006 9:56:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

I never heard of the Japanese brand Sana until recently. I noticed that their "Excel" makeup range had displays in most drugstores in Tokyo so it must get somewhat popular.

When I looked at their e/s I found they looked crapy. Ugly gold/clear plastic packaging made it look quite flimsy. There is also a cheap sponge-tip applicator included.

When I sampled the e/s duos I was suprised that especially the darker liner colors are very pigmented. Not super-smooth but great color payoff and beautiful intense shimmer. The lighter colors are a bit sheerer and rougher but as a highlighter they work anyway.

I must admit that I quite like these e/s duos and would buy more of these, especially since there are a lot of pretty color combinations available.

They stay on all day for me and don't crease or fade all day long.

I have the following 5 duos:

D14: Light rosey beige and very deep wine/plum liner shade

D15: Light iridescent white/gold and dark well pigmented olive green.

D19: This duo has 2 very pigmented shades (not just the liner shade)! There's a stunning bright aqua-ish blue and off-white.

D22: Turquoise and yellowish cream

D25: New for summer 2007. A gorgeous silvery pearl taupe and light aqua-blue.

I am not sure how much I paid per duo but I think they were rather expensive at around US$12-13/each!

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes.

D19, D22, D25 (from left):