L'Oreal Loreal Professionnel Silver shampoo

3.9

I have naturally sandy blonde hair but I've been dying it very light blonde for a while now. So i only bought this yesterday but i decided to give it a review already since I've used it once.

I had a bath last night and washed my hair with this and let it sit for 15 mins. I was going for silver/grey with a lilac undertone and it was perfect!!! The colour change was fairly subtle but still quite noticable. I really loved the result!

On one hand it did dry out my hair ever so slightly but i used a hair mask afterwards and it was silky smooth and the colour was gorgeous. Im going to use this again next time i wash and leave it in for maybe 10 mins and see if i can get that true silver/lilac/grey colour!
So far so good!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have never used a silver shampoo before so I can't really compare this to any other product but I'll just tell my opinion about this. I got 500ml product for 17e so the price was on point but I guess it's way more expencive if it's not on sale. I held it in my hair for 1-2min and I could tell the difference after both times I used it, my hair had definitely a colder tint to it (I have naturally quite blonde hair but I have a lot of highlights to make it brighter). It didn't feel like it left my hair any drier after using the product which I've heard some silver shampoos do. So yeah I think I'll be repurchasing this one after I run out.

THIS IS THE ONE. Ive tried every blue shampoo and this one is better than the others. Its gentler on hair too. How long you leave it on is dependent on how porous your hair is. My pale blond hairhas been bleached for years and is very porous so I leave this on for maximum 5 minutes and, I use a timer to make sure!
Its a superb product and lasts a long time. Its actually for grey hair but works amazingly well for blind hair that has become a bit orangy or yellow...

Holy Jesus! I do prefer to but joico.. And well, joico does the job, but can be Hard to get all over your hair because of the texure.. This LOVELY schampoo i used for the first time today, and i was chocked by the texture, feels like a regulare schampoo = Easy to get in to you hair! Hurrrraaaay!
Did it damage my hair? LESS than joico. But as we All know.. After use of a silverschampo, you MUST use conditioner.
Did the yellow Tones go away? My boyfriend asked if i toned my hair - says it all to me.
Did use it as a regular schampoo, didn't leave it in for mor than 1 minute. THANK god, otherwise i might got a platina-blonde hair.)
If you are allergic (like me), be careful though.. You might get a itchy scalp otherwise.
I LOVE this schampoo!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had my hair salon dyed platinum blonde (practically white), around 7 weeks ago. After a few washes, my hair began to get a yellowish tone to it. I tried out a few conditioners, none seemed to get my hair to the same white/platinum color that it was when I initially got it colored. After reading several rave reviews about Loreal silver shampoo, I decided to try itů let me just say, and I've only used it during one wash, it was not at all what I was expecting. The lathering process was fine, I think I left the shampoo on for about 2-3 minutes. I rinsed the shampoo out with no problem - I feared that my hair would be extremely dry/brittle etc - but it wasn't. My hair felt silky smooth and soft. The horror came when I looked in the mirror. My hair was completely lavender! This shampoo literally removed every trace of my platinum/yellowish blonde and replaced it with a lavender color. I was in complete shock. I had no idea that a shampoo could be potent enough to change a bleach blonde into a purple/lavenderish. I tried another shampoo, to remove the color - no such luck. Now, I can only hope that with time, plenty of sun, and a few wash sessions, I can get my hair back to the salon color that I purchased 7 weeks ago. Ugh.

This is one of my more preferred purple shampoo. It really does a great job at fighting brassiness! It takes my nasty yellow hair to a nice ashy beige. Sometimes it can do too good of a job if I leave it in too long, giving me grey/lavender/silver hair, but I would take that over yellow hair any day. It does leave hair dry and hard to brush through. However, there are ways to combat that. Personally I use a moisturizing conditioner. After washing I use moisturizing leave in conditioner (Aveda Dry Remedy) along with an oil treatment (Aveda Dry Remedy) that leaves my hair soft and silky as it should be. The leave in conditioner also helps to make it a little more easy to brush through. (:

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A great silver shampoo, for its price!
Gets my blonde hair grey/silver, depends on how long I leave it on. Builds up nice and after a amount of time turns my hair lilac (after building it up for a special amount of showers) . Always gets comments on my hair when I use this product. Some say my hair looks like a old ladys when its really grey, but I love it. This product (as I have noticed) reacts only to the yellow parts, not the really light brown, so if you have a little patchy coloring like I, if used to much it starts to look kinda funny.

This product does the job and are just a matter of playing around a little and figure out for yourself what time and how much you need. Got no issues with it, but be warned it does dry out you're hair like crazy, and for me is a pain in the "" to brush my hair out after using it!
But ether way I like the product.

it's a good shampoo for blondes. i love it when my hair shines and looks very bright, and when i use this shampoo my hair looks outstanding! problem is, that it does dry out my hair. what i do: i use dove shampoo (for colored/damaged hair - just something with moist in it) and mix it with the silver loreal shampoo (1:1 ratio). i rinse it all off and then use a mask (dove's) to keep my hair soft and not dry.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The only toning shampoo I buy! Noticeably removes yellow and leaves my hair soft

I LOVEEEEE THIS PRODUCT!

I am asian and naturally have black hair. I've had my hair dyed dark brown for a while now but kinda wanted my hair lighter for the summer so I recently got my hair highlighted all over and then a green tone ash toner put over my whole head. I am now a light ash brown (maybe close to dark ash blonde) all over with some definition cause of the highlights. I LOVED the color of my hair. It looked silvery green toned light brown (If that makes sense). Anyway the ash NEVER stays on anyone after 2 weeks if you're a person that washes your hair everyday (me). Once the ash fades for asian hair, it turns back to a warm light brown. After 2 weeks of the ash fading, I decided to try and see if a purple/violet or indigo/blue shampoo would work. Now normally I know this stuff only works on white, grey or light blond hair. But I wanted to try and see anyway so I bought this one. But this wasn't the first one. I tried, AG sterling silver everyday for a week (didn't work), John Freida's Sheer Blonde (didn't work, worse one yet), and then this. You only need to use purple shampoo twice a week but I used this for 3 days straight and my hair went back to a very ashy tone except my highlights went a little darker. And I think the reason why this worked so well is cause this stains the hair. Stained inside my finger nails too. Once my hair was stained, it gave me this ashy grey tone and THAT'S what I wanted!! I'M SOOOO GLAD this worked for "light light brown", almost dark blonde, hair. Only thing I really hate is the manly cologne smell. Very musky. I shower in the day so the smell stays on all day. Wish it was just a unisex fresh scent.

Overall, I think if you were actually platinum blond and do not want your hair to be stained blueish-purple, you should probably just leave it on for 5mins once or twice a week. But if you like the lilac stain, by all means, leave it on for more than 5mins, twice a week. Blonde hair, yes, but may stain as well. Dark blonde, yes. Very, very light brown, yes. For dark brown hair to black hair, it does not do anything. =]