December 18, 2014 | 1749 users online

Polishes - Orly - Love Each Other

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Hogwartshonorstudent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this polish, but I hated it at first. I bought it on a whim because I was at CVS and it was SO PRETTY in the bottle. I was super disappointed, however, when I realized how sheer it was. If you're hoping for a noticeable purple glitter, this polish isn't what you're looking for.

however, I've learned my FAVORITE use ever for it it so paint it over a black polish. Seriously. Do it. Then you can see the purple shine and it's stunning.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

Just adding my two cents to the many useful reviews here! Love Each Other is one of the French Manicure colors by Orly and it really is a beautiful polish. It looks a lot prettier in the bottle however, which is my only problem with this polish. In the bottle this polish has this purple and blueish opalescent sheen to it but on my nail I can barely see any color at all. I have to turn my nail this way and that in the bright light or sun. I knew it would be sheer, but I did anticipate seeing at least a little more color. I can definitely see myself using it often because the consistency is fabulous, it dries quickly and the color shows up a bit more when used over a white base so it doesn't "compete" with a french tip manicure. Overall it's lovely, but I probably won't bother re-purchasing it if I run out just because of my issues with the color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Why are you so mean to me, Orly? This is the third Orly color I have bought in the past month that has little to no color payoff. It is a sheer base with medium purple shimmer. It is so pretty in the bottle, but next to invisible on the nail. I've tried it over purple, black, white, gray...every time the shimmer is barely noticeable. It started to be a bit more obvious after three coats, but that is way too much polish to use to see any effect. Would not repurchase, wish I could return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by CaittFraser

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT buy this product if you are looking for an opaque opalesque shade. IT IS NOT OPAQUE. and it isn't meant to be. It pains me when people complain about sheer polishes when the POINT is that they are supposed to be sheer
ANYWAY
THIS IS PERFECT for layering, as many have already stated, it works GREAT over cremes which can be so bland. It gives a very faint shimmer that looks divine but not too much that it takes away from the colour underneath.
Do not buy this if you want opaqueness - it will never happen unless you use the whole bottle.
But this is an amazing polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by srarana23

Love Each Other is the perfect top coat for creme lacquers/polishes. It dries very quickly, application is a cinch, and leaves behind a very subtle purple/pink/hint of blue shimmer. I love this and put it on top of everything because it dries so fast and provides a very tough top coat. It also works well alone and dries very shiny and looks lovely on natural nails.

Think opalescent.

I recommend this to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by KGarr2121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I enjoy using this polish over most creme polishes for a little extra oomph. I don't particularly care for cremes because they're so..plain. But this polish adds just enough interest so that cremes aren't so boring.
It's pretty with purple cremes, as well as opposite colors (IE. Greens, oranges, etc..)
My favorite trick for this polish, though, is using a black creme and topping it twice with Love Each Other and similar polishes. For example, Orly's Fifty Four, Zoya's Southbeach Ice, and/or OPI's I Juggle...Men. Yes, it's a TON of coats, but it's so pretty....
Pretty good topper polish if I say so myself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a transparent, nearly colorless nail polish, only slightly tinted lavender, with a little fine iridescent (pink - purple - blue) micro glitter. That is clear (no pun intended) which you look at a bottle - you can almost see through the polish.

-- One coat gives no color and only very subtle widely scattered glitter, unless used over a pale color of polish, in which case it may be more visible. I knew it was transparent, i was just hoping for a little more glitter.

-- Two coats may give vague hints of lavender and a dash of glitter on naturally light colored nails or over light polish.

-- And three coats create a "jelly" like look, with the glitter giving some depth.

If you like a lot of flash, this polish will not satisfy, since the glitter is very fine and not at all dense.

This is good, however, if you have a work environment that discourages unusual polish colors, but you want a little something more - the iridescent glitter - since the glitter hardly shows under office lighting, but adds a little flash under sunlight. This would also be good for very young girls, so they can wear a grown up polish, but without looking inappropriate. And it can be fun to layer over other polish, both as a protective coat and to add a little subtle flash.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by erijica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm disappointed with this color. I bought it because it looks amazing in the bottle and I was hoping to recreate that effect on my nails. No such luck. :( I then layered it over black nail polish and you could hardly even see the purple. Sigh. I haven't decided if I want to keep it or return it...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by brooksy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This colour looks absolutely gorgeous in the bottle, but on my nails it pretty much looks just like a clear polish.
Even after five coats, you have to be really looking to see the super fine purple glitter. I even tried applying a few coats over a white nail polish.
I am less than impressed. If I wanted a clear polish I would have bought one - and spent less money on it.
If super super super subtle is your thing, then try this one out. But if you're looking to get the bottle colour, you might want to skip this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This polish is clear with microfine hot pink and violet glitter. You have to put on a few coats for a just a little more exciting than bare nails look. It enhances other colors if u add one or two coats before your topcoat. It would be better with a little more microfine glitter.