December 22, 2014 | 1842 users online

Shampoo - Goldwell - Colour Glow Shampoo -Stay Red

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by NCarolinaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair guy uses this on me and gets good results, but then he also uses about half a dozen other products before its over. Liking what he did, I bought the shampoo/conditioner combo and, sad to say, after two or three uses, my hair was embarrassingly dry, fly-away straw! True, my red highlights were fine, but what a price to pay. If I want to do a full styling, it looks okay, but some days I just don't have the time or the energy. I went back to Tony & Guy (TIGI) Moisture Maniac and my hair is recovering nicely, thank you very much. Now when I do the full styling thing, it really looks good. And if I just want a quick blow-and-go, it still looks good. Maybe some of us had have a good experience with this product, but not me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I've had some difficulties with products since my salon changed what they stock and recommend. I had very good results with L'Oreal Vitamino Colour for fine hair and since then have been unsuccessful with the products they recommend... until now!

I'm using Goldwell Color Glow IQ Shampoo, Conditioner & Treatment. I also use the Goldwell Colour refreshing mousse.

I did run out of the shampoo for the while and used up some KMS colour protecting shampoo so I can say that this shampoo does help prevent fading. This cleans my hair nicely, it removes any styling products without feeling too harsh. I'd buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by OrchidGoddess

I used this when my hair was coloured va-vavoom red. As I mentioned in my other review for the treatment, I used the whole line together to preserve my awesome red colour. It's a good colour depositing shampoo, and when used in conjunction with the treatment and fluide, your hair will be mega wattage red. It can stain a little so watch your towels, hands and tub, but it's worth it!! Smells nice too!

Final Verdict: Must have to keep that red in va-vavoom condition!
Recommend: Highly, but also with the treament and fluide as a system works the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by MariannaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo does a pretty good job at preserving my rich red streaks. When I first used it, I noticed alot of red hair color on the towel after rinsing. HOWEVER, despite this, the color has not faded very much. Perhaps if I didn't use this shampoo, I would see triple amount of red on the towel. Highly recommended IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 11:42:00 PM More reviews by d_copper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is black, coarse and straight with slight kinks. It also has a tendency to frizz like mad. I had bleached sections of it and dyed it red.

I have the Stay Red Shampoo and the Stay Red Treatment. I use the Stay Red Shampoo nearly everytime I wash my hair (once every three days) and I use an amount approximately 5 cm in diametre. It does not foam excessively, though a little bit of extra water added while massaging in the shampoo will help to foam it more.

Performance: Excellent. It works much better than any of the other colour preservation shampoos that I have tried (Pantene, Dove, V05). However all it does is keep your hair clean and make sure your colour doesn't fade. Do not expect it to work any other wonders.

Smell: Smells like cherries ^_^.

Value: Great. I have had mine for 4 months and I still have about 1/10th left.

I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants their hair a true red or darkish red.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by urnimal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff smells great and my hair feels really soft after I use this with the Color Glow Treatment, but I don't think it really does much in the way of depositing color into my hair. I don't see a difference when I use the Treatment without this shampoo. For color depositing shampoo I prefer Wella's Biotouch Color Reflex Shampoo in red.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2006 1:47:00 AM More reviews by fabchic

I really wanted to like this product, i love the smell and the idea of it..But this product didnt help slow the fading process of my red higlights...theyre still fading like they would with any other shampoo...Also this shampoo doesnt lather up much..and i prefer shampoos that lather up alot i feel thats how i knw that it really is working to clean my hair...overall i think this specific product was a waste of my money....def not gonna buy again...

** Even though the shampoo doesnt work...The Color Glow Stay Red Treatment really DOES work.. give it a try it really delievers red pigment and makes fading red hair vibrant :) **