September 1, 2014 | 1968 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - Fresh Cut Roses

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I looooove rose scents, and this is one of my all time favorite candles. I've repurchased this many times. This is one of the truest, cleanest rose scents I've found. I was once burning this in my room, and my mom thought I had opened a window and that she was smelling the actual roses blooming outside! Sometimes floral candles an have kind of a sharp or fake smell to them, but I don't notice this at all with Fresh Cut Roses. The scent will definitely fill up a room, but it isn't overpowering or headache inducing. I think this is such a nice relaxing fragrance that I can burn any time of day or any season. I also like the pretty light pink color! I definitely recommend this to anyone who loves true rose scents. Yankee can be a little pricey, but I find their candles to be worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by 2fit2quit3456

Such a crisp and lovely fragrance. 100% smells like fresh cut roses. One thing that differentiates yankee candles from other ones is that the wick never droops or gets caught in the wax.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this as a gift from my MIL who likes rose scents. Very rosey - but a bit fakey and "pink" smelling. A floral, sweet rose scent that smells better unburned to me - and the throw starts off great (string) and weakens with each burning.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

this has a great throw, very steady and strong, and the pink wax really gives the room a delicate touch. but i was really disappointed with this one. i love floral scents, especially rose. i ordered this online thinking it would be the perfect relaxing rose. it's not. it's like a soapy, bathroom pot pourri rose scent. it's fake and sickly smelling, not at all fresh, grassy or natural.
if you are after a true floral, try 'Midnight Jasmine' or 'Blue Hydrangea'. there is also one called 'Christmas Rose' which might be worth a try.
definitely won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Im a huge lover of YC and own many and I can say I pretty much tried close to all of them..........Fresh Cut Roses did not wow me when I smelled it at the store but I figured when maybe lit the oils will somehow pull through and give a wonderful rose scent........boy was I wrong, this just smells very old synthetic like, I was shocked because thats just not what I expected from one of the best candle companies out there, but thats okay there are many other beautiful floral fragrances like my bedroom favorite Tahitian Tiare Flower.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Outside my window I have a real rose garden and the scent of this is nothing like them at all lacking all depth that rose scents usually has and smelling very synthetic. It is more of a clean, soapy rose scent, quite strong, but not a real life one. The candle has a tendency to fill a whole room with the scent quickly. I'm happy I only bought a votive because once that is burnt I'll be rid of a scent that is just too artificial and too strong to my liking. If you like the scent of fresh cut tulips, and soapy rose, then this might be for you but if not keep away. I had hoped for a mild, fresh rose scent but this is not it. Scent aside, it burns beautifully, has a fantastic throw. The scent just isn't for me which is why it gets a 1 for functioning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2006 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of roses and this has to be my favorite rose-scented candle. I do wish that Yankee candle just made their candles white, it would allow me to put my favorite scents in certain rooms and not be restricted by colors that do not coordinate with the room’s décor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 5:48:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is my favourite yankee candle scent. It is a very fresh, green, true rose scent. Mmmm...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by amichiganfan

If you like roses, this is the candle for you. It is a very strong, true-to-life rose scent. My husband likes it; if I burn it too long, though, it feels too grandma-ish for me (a subtle hint of rose is quite enough, thanks- - I don't need to get smacked in the nose with a big ol' bouquet!). A pleasant, romantic scent with a lot of staying power.