Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, PEG-8, Lactamide MEA, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol; Extracts Of: Citrus Aurantium Amara (bitter orange) Flower, Vitis Vinifera (grape) Seed, Malva Sylvestris (mallow), Hedera Helix (ivy), Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit, Sambucus Nigra Flower, Arnica Montana Flower, Parietaria Officinalis, Camellia Oleifera Leaf; Essential Oils Of: Zea Mays (corn), Cananga Odorata Flower, Egg Yolk Extract, Lecithin, Silk Amino Acids, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Polyquaternium-10, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Allantoin, Panthenol, Glycolipids, Glyceryl Stearate, Carbomer, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorphenesin, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/glycerin Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol, Geraniol.

on 8/24/2015 10:35:00 AM

My skin type: Fair, dry, sensitive and acne prone (nightmare skin!)

I have been using this product for about 8 yrs. About two years ago I began to test other moisturizers due to a acne breakout. I tried everything from la roche-posay, Avene, Babor, Exuviance etc. Everything I tried broke me out, was to drying och to fat. Some even gave me eczema. Recently, I bought the Skin smoothing cream againd, and my skin is finally beginning to calm down. I donīt care about the high silicone amount, or the strong lavendel oil bla bla. This works for me when nothing else does. I am also using Differin at night, and the Skin smoothing cream is great to take away the dryness from that to. Highly recommend this one if you are sensitive dry and at the same time acne prone.

on 8/20/2015 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a great moisturiser, and does just what I need it to - moisturise my dry, uncomfortable skin!

I've been using it for around three months now and love it. It's moisturising and calming, easy to use, and it's in a nice, minimalistic package. It's a bit expensive - but it is the best I've used, and still cheaper than a lot of other brands (especially now that Dermalogica has lowered their prices to prevent people buying fakes/expired products online). In New Zealand, they tend to have gift with purchase on most of the time, which makes it a bit easier to justify!

It does give me a bit of a sheen during the day and can look a bit greasy, but that's because I live somewhere a bit humid and always seem to be running around doing things. I should get into the habit of wearing powder a bit more!

on 7/13/2015 1:46:00 PM

I don't know but I tried the salon's bottle and it felt ok and didn't smell. But after bringing a bottle home after a diamond facial, I find it has an annoying smell. Feels a tad chemically like avene's hydrance optimal rich which I have used like 20% of the tube. My 1st impression is that the 2 are similar. I actually don't like the chemical smell and interestingly when I chemically exfoliate, the avene will sting while this Dermalogica one after a diamond 'peel' facial actually feels ok on the skin.

I dont know why it just works to hydrate the skin wo any stinging irritation - however i still hate the smell. giving it one more lippie now to 4 from 3.

on 6/27/2015 12:56:00 PM

This is my first product from Dermalogica. I don't know what to expect of it and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by it.

This is a medium-weight moisturizer, so don't expect it to be light and non oily on the skin. It applies in a cream formulation, is lightly scented (smells lightly of aromatherapy) and does NOT have a matte finish.

Here's the interesting thing; it is slightly oily however this is a comfortable feeling-the one that feels like your skin is being properly moisturized without the oily feeling.

It does not clog the pores, and is a great face cream. Do avoid it if your skin is oily... And follow up with an oil free foundation or sunscreen when having this product on.

on 6/22/2014 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely can't get enough of this moisturiser my skin looks and feels so healthy. I have combination oily skin and it's perfect for moisturising my dry areas and locking in my excess oil.
I've been using this cream for over a year now and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin. A tiny bit really does go a long way. At first it seems like the cream is quite expensive however you get 100ml which lasts me nearly 6 months therefore it's excellent value for money. I've used ever brand of cream out there from drug-store to very expensive and I've got to say this is better than anything I've ever used :-)

on 4/2/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using for a year now. I liked it at first but it doesn't hydrate or moisturize my skin as much as I want it to. I live in the tropics and spend most of my days on campus. This moisturizer always leaves my T-zone really greasy even a few hours after applying and it doesn't improve my uneven skin tone. One can only imagine what I look like in the evening :/ I get upset when I see myself in the rear-view mirror. Even the stray cats scream when they see my face T.T

on 2/8/2014 4:23:00 AM

+ One of my favorite creams! I have a sensitive, dry and acne prone skin and this works great!

- Expensive!

on 1/26/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this off and on for the last 8 years! I am a Master Esthetician in Utah and I recommend this moisturizer to so many clients. It is so luxurious without being full of oils. Great even for those struggling with acne.

on 1/19/2014 2:48:00 PM

Part of me hates that I love a pricey product, but after trying a bunch of cheaper alternatives it's back to Skin Smoothing Cream. I know it's not billed as acne fighting but it seems to keep my skin a lot clearer (or maybe is less acne-triggering) than the other supposedly non-comedogenic moisturizers.

I'm 34, combo skin.

on 10/25/2013 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

This is my go-to moisturizer during the fall and winter. I LOVE this<3

Because of the change in weather and temperature, my combination skin tends to need different kinds of moisture depending on season. It gives me soft and smooth skin without breaking me out and keeps my skin hydrated during the day.

I use this after my cleansing routine (all dermalogica: Precleanse - Special Cleansing Gel/skin Prep scrub - Multi-Active toner) both morning and night. I take a pea size amount on my fingertip and distribute it in spots on my cheeks, nose, forehead and chin and use light upwards strokes starting on my chin and finish at my hairline in the forehead. I take what left of my fingers and do the same to my neck.

I have the big bottle (100 ml) for more than one season of fall and winter and that weighs up for the price i pay for it here in Norway (630 NOK = approx. 107 USD).