August 22, 2014 | 1755 users online

Polishes - Orly - Close Your Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by classicsoul

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color is so beautiful, I asked a co-worker what color and brand she was wearing. This is a plummy/bronzey/metallic shade. I think it would look AMAZING with a tan. I do not tan anymore and am fair skinned, but I still like to wear pretty colors on my toes. My co-worker is also quite fair skinned and it looked great on her. It may be a universal color that looks great on everyone. It's a pretty summer color but I think it will transition very well into Fall.

Gorgeous color!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Savvy9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was instantly attracted to this color in the bottle but as soon as the nail tech finished... I was disappointed. It is much too metallic for me. I thought it would be a deep shimmery color and really cute for a pedi, but IMO the color looks like something one of my aunts would have worn in the 80's. Did the collection also have an electric blue with a metallic finish because if that is the look they were going for I would call it a success. I went over it with another Orly polish that was clear with shimmer and it looks a little better but over all I wish I had picked... anything else.

It does, however, apply and dry very nicely. I do like the formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved this colour as soon as I saw it. So glad to know that others love it too! It's such an interesting colour - get lots of compliments - unlike any other I have - and I have way too many similar red/burgundy/mauve polishes. It's a good formula, great coverage, easy application, stays put - doesn't creep, finish is nice enough even if you skipped a top coat and the durability is completely acceptable. Manicure with this lasted me about 4 days before showing wear at the tips. Retouched and the tips are chipped again (more like worn away) a few days later but only on a few tips - my thumb nails, pinkies and ring fingertips are still perfect - wow. Plus it's so easy to get these polishes at great BOGO sales, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this color. It's so pretty, sometimes I just fondle the bottle for the hell of it. In the bottle this is a gorgeous shimmery purple with swirls of deep purple and light purple. On the nail in strong light it's a plum w/ gold flash. Most of the time though it's just varying between bold medium purple, and dark purple. Not really that exciting in itself, but this has almost a jelly look to it. Like if I were to put a really, super shimmery purple on, and then top it with a purple jelly. SO pretty. It has a lot of depth to the color, which could otherwise be pretty boring. The formula is fantastic; opaque in 2 coats (probably could have got away w/ one), and dries fairly quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ahappyplace

This color has been described well below so I will just add that this was so gorgeous that I had to do a mani with it in the middle of summer although it seems to be a color more appropriate for the cooler months. It is a warm sparkly plum-bronze but doesn't overwhelm my cool toned skin. Read on for a pic -

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by funnygirl131

This is a beautiful plum/wine color with gold or peach in it depending on light. I bought this now but will use in the fall. I is such a deep and rich color ,just georgeous for any skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by bulamae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is so pretty. It is very common today to make a polish that is sparkly and stunning in bright sunlight, but inside looks dark (maybe black). This is different. In sunlight, it is a lovely purple (almost a grape) but mildly boring. Inside, however, it picks up warmth from lights and looks like a berry with a rosy peach glow. If you are cool and wish the autumn hues looked good on you, this is a great option. It just glows in lamplight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 11:55:00 AM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this polish! It's an almost vampy golden plum with golden shimmer so fine that the polish glows in light. I ended up putting mine up for swap only because it's a twin to SpaRitual Days of Wine and Roses and I don't need both. The Orly bottle, as always is really great. It holds .6 oz which is one of the largest available in salon polishes obtainable by the public, also it's rubberized cap makes it very functional. The application was streak-free and fabulous, and the wear was phenomenal! Love this and would buy it again, though I RIS this one. You can get it for less than $3 online. Love it.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Gothicfaerie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with BimboGeri's description of this polish being a berry version of Zoya's Yasmeen. It is a similar purple but with more of a berry/wine tone to it and is lighter purple and less startling. I think it would be a good purple to choose if you are a little afraid of purples. It is very pretty and feminine but isn't exciting me particularly. Just a nice one to have in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Bimbo_Geri

This is a deep, pink toned berry colour with a bronzy pink shimmer. It goes on smoothly and is opaque in one coat although the colour gets slightly richer with two.
If you are familiar with Zoya's 'Yasmeen' colour, I've called this a berry version of it although admittedly it is a bit lighter.
As always with Orly it has the rubber gripper cap and at 18ml in a bottle you get a little more for your money than with OPI or Essie.