October 2, 2014 | 1880 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color in Flawless

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by xosandy

Solid product! It's quite glossy and makes my nail polish last for nearly a week. It will get goopy in about a year but I have used up a full bottle before that amount of time (incredible right?) so it isn't much of an issue for me. The only con I have about this product is that it doesn't dry as fast as I'd like it to but it wasn't designed for that anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: Very glossy, thin texture, "flat" brush design eases application, long-lasting.

Cons: Dulls quickly if you use your hands a great deal. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by wq13

I got this for $5 and for that price, I say it's great!
I use another product as a base coat and this as a top coat and it really makes my nails look so shiny and gorgeous! I love the applicator brush, it makes it so easy for me to coat my nails with the polish and it dries in about 5-10 for me. It may take longer if you use thick coats though. It definitely does extend the life of my nail polish, and it's just an overall great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Is there a difference between this product and the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Hardener in Clear? If it is, then I used this as a clear coat to make my matte neon polish shiny. It worked well and I'd buy it again for this purpose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfectly serviceable clear polish, but SH Xtreme Wear in Invisible is at least as good, for about half the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by TnaDG

my manicure does last longer and my pedicure stays on forever. its pricey but it doesnt dry out even after a year. great product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglamgaga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great base and top coat!! Its a great multitasker!! I well definatly rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by oohamy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to use as a top coat and have given myself 2 manicures with it so far. With the first manicure, I applied Flawless directly after applying three coats of another Sally Hanson Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color. The top coat bubbled so much on EVERY nail and totally ruined the manicure. I thought that it was possible that I was applying too much of the top coat, and that is what caused it to bubble. I also considered that I should perhaps wait to apply the top coat until the nail color had completely dried. Lastly, I also remembered that I hadn't used a base coat with this manicure. So, the with the second manicure, I used Flawless over a China Glaze lacquer Sally Hanson Miracle Cure base coat. This time I made sure to apply only one thin coat of the top coat. The manicure I applied with my dominant hand turned out fine, but the manicure I applied ON my dominant hand was still bubbly. Not as bubbly as before, but enough that the texture bothered me. I am trying a manicure one more time using this top coat. This time I am going to use a base coat and wait to apply one, thin top coat after the color is dry.

One last issue: the top coat keeps the manicure wet and then dentable for HOURS. Probably the least quickly drying top coat I've ever come across. That being said, I have never used a top coat that has kept my manicure on better than this top coat. My manicure usually begins chipping the DAY I do my manicure. This top coat not only kept my polish from chipping, tip wear was nonexistent, and it even actually prevented me from picking off the polish with my own nails when I went to do so by habit. I was very, very impressed with this aspect and would buy it again for that feature alone. The top coat seemed to literally seal my nail polish in place, and it made my nails nice and hard as well.

The cap on the Sally Hanson Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color bottles is great because it is easily and comfortably gripped. The brush is nicely sized, not too wide or too thin.

To conclude: VERY bubbly if not applied thinly, with a base coat, and when nail color is completely dry; a bit expensive for a drug store brand, but I got this on sale with another SH nail polish; great bottle design & brush; best sealing, no-chip top coat I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by bubblygirl

I too use this product as a base coat and as a top coat, like the previous reviewer. This product really does stop staining that occurs with dark polishes, and it helps extend the life of a manicure; I can get more than two days out of a cheap polish, which is a miracle considering how often I abuse my fingernails. For pedicures this keeps the polish on forever.

The price is a little steep for a drugstore line; it retails for about $7. However, Sally Hansen items frequently go on sale, and this polish does double duty, so I can justify the price. The only reason I took off a lippie is because it really is bad as a clear polish--other SH clear polishes I've used give me great shine in one coat, but this one is kind of dull.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 10:36:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a clear nailpolish that I use as both a base and topcoat. It dries very fast and keeps my polish from chipping off quickly, it also dries to a nice shine. It comes in a cute bottle with a fake diamond in it. I really like this and would buy it again for sure.