April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Mascara - Bonne Bell - Eye Style clear

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by EMILYSROSE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it! I reccomend, especially if you have long, thick lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by kf2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this for a couple of years. I don't use it as a mascara, but rather as a brow gel.

The formula is a thick gel that goes on feeling wet, but dries quickly. It dries completely clear. (After several uses, the product will start to turn cloudy in the tube. It looks a bit gross, but it doesn't affect how the product looks on brows or how it performs.) It makes my brows feel slightly stiff, but not hard, and I don't feel like it dries out the hair.

I brush through my brows first with a stiff brow brush, then apply this, using the wand to poke and prod everything into just the right place. It holds brows in place nicely all day and I've never had a problem with it flaking. It removes easily with regular cleanser; no makeup remover required.

The only brow gel I can compare this to is Maybelline's Great Lash Clear Mascara. The biggest difference to me was that the Maybelline formula stayed feeling wet and sticky for quite a long time (5 minutes?), while Bonne Bell's dries in about 30 seconds. I also think Bonne Bell's brush is a little easier to work with than Maybelline's.

This is a basic, simple product, but it does the job for me. I'll continue to repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lookupitzcybill

I don't wear black mascara daily because I hate the clean up process at the end of the day which most of the time makes me lose a lash or two. Eventually, it was noticeable to me that I had much fewer eyelashes so I stopped using black mascara and only used it on special occasions. I decided to try this clear mascara which I actually like. However, it doesn't really do anything for my lashes along the lines of thickening or lengthening them. Rather, it just adds a clear shiny coat to them, very natural look. I curl my lashes and then I add this mascara. The mascara actually weighs my lashes down and undoes the curl so I have to wait for it to dry then re-curl my lashes. After re-curling, my lashes pretty much remain curled throughout the day. I will re-purchase this because I've tried Maybelline Great Lash clear mascara which I don't like (It takes too long to dry and it does nothing to my lashes; Bonne Belle has a much noticeable difference to my lashes). Don't buy this if you are looking to get the same results your regular mascara gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by jrichelled

Alright, well I went on hunt to try to find Rimmels clear mascara since theres so many good reviews on it. But there was none!! So I looked for what i could, not knowing what was good and what was bad. This was the cheapest. So even if it turned out to be horrible, it wasnt too much of a lost cause. But its been a good experience so far, its really light and doesnt last for several hours but for the price you gotta understand. It doesnt flake either. I put a 3 coats of it on though and i have black eyelashes.But i would never reccomend clear mascara for anyone with eyelashes that are light! I gave this a pakage quality of 2 because I dont like the brush, or the cotainer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by supersally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As many of us here, I hate smudges, clumps from the usual black mascara, so I decided to try the clear mascara. I did considert Maybelline Great Mascara Clear, which costs couple bucks more.

Into the subject. I tried on my eyebrow first day. There's no significant changes, but it did make my eyebrow a little more defined and together and there's no glue residue. whew! or so i thought.

Later, I tried on my eyelashes. I curled my eyelash and started swooping this clear liquid onto my lashes-nothing happened. I tried the zigzag, and coated 2 more times. it didn't do anything, so i gave up.

Guess what? five minutes later, I looked in the mirror and discovered in my horror, strings of glue-like residue stuck on my lashes, so i had to take them off my lashes. and I pulled couple lashes (ouch) in the process.

My advice, a clear mascara doesn't do much thing to your eyelash compared to a normal mascara. (they are okay on my eyebrows though) Maybe if you want it so much, you should pair it with the normal mascara. But I wasted 4 bucks on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by htebazile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I get sick of black mascara sometimes. The smudging and the trying to get it all off at the end of the day but I still wanted something to make my lashes and eyebrows look well groomed. Decided to go with this. Turned out to be a waste of time and my couple of bucks. This really burns my eyes and it makes me feel like I have something in them like a piece of dirt or something(obviously just the product flaking off and getting in my eyes). Glad I figured out it was this burning my eyes and not my new eyecream (started using both products at the same time). CoverGirl has a clear one will try that one instead. Obviously will never repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by romantique

i really like this mascara. i probably haven't gotten accustomed to black mascara as yet, i find it's too hard, clumpy and the smells irritate my eyes (i've tried lancome and revlon). it doesn't thicken, but it separates and lifts and really makes my lashes noticeable. of course there's no clumps, since it's a clear light gel. it stays and is easy to apply. it isn't a hassle to take off either. maybe it is more suited for people with already long lashes, like me. until i can like the feel of black mascara, this will do just fine.
i don't know what to put for the price cause my sister-in-law gave it to me :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is a pretty good clear mascara. I needed somthing that would tame my eyelashes because they get out of control when I don't wear mascara. I usually don't wear regular mascara on the weekends so I need a clear mascara to keep them in line. This does the trick. I have not used this for a brow tamer so I don't know how bad or how well it performs doing that. As a clear mascara is it fine....there not much to expect from a clear mascara. It isn't supposed to thicken or lengthen (it is clear afterall). Al it can do is define. The wand doesn't scrape my lids and the formula doesn't burn my lids (like great lash clear) and it holds my lashes in place. That makes for a good clear mascara in my book!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by LilMsJksn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this to hold my eyebrows in place. The problem is when you take the wand out of the container it seems as though they've made the package a little too efficient at removing the material. Thus, nothing comes out to put on your brows. So it really isn't good. Try covergirl's or maybelline's.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2006 8:44:00 AM More reviews by kim50803

While purchasing the black mascara (i love) I saw this and thought what the heck for $3. Don't waste the money. It did nothing for my lashes, made them slightly darker, I barely noticed. I did try it on my brows once, I think it was OK, I forgot I had it on and forgot to check. If you are looking for a brow tamer you might want to try. I will not repurchase.