September 30, 2014 | 2120 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - The Gingerbread Man Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2007 10:04:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip gloss really stands out from the rest. It has a strong gingerbread smell that makes me think of home cooking and all things yummy (if a little sickly). It has a nice shine (not too slick) and is reasonably thick when on so it lasts a while. I think it has a very subtle bronze colour but I wouldn't buy this for the colour; it is the texture that defines this gloss as it is simply very wearable; not sticky. I think to improve this product Philosophy should tone down the smell, just a little, as I am sure it contains lots of chemicals and as lipgloss is basically eaten this is probably not a good idea. The first ingredient is also polybutene which is a petrochemical (I'm not aware of any adverse safety info but I'd just rather not). Phenoxyethanol is classed as moderately harmful to health by the Skin Deep cosmetic safety database so sadly, I won't be repurchasing this unless the formula is changed to removed chemical preservatives.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

YUM! Makes me hungry every time I wear it. The only gloss worth it's weight in gold out of the Few Good Men sets from last holiday, and a standout on it's own, as well. Some say they see a sheer bronze color from this, but halfway through my tube I have yet to notice it. That's okay though, I wasn't expecting color. The scent, taste and shine make up for it by far. Lasts a long time too; definitely one I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2006 1:49:00 AM More reviews by racheroonie

This is sooo cute! I love philosophy for their quirky little ideas. This lipgloss smells so good and the color is perfect. Its like a warm bronze. Its great for the winter season

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by CaliChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging
The lip shine comes in a 1/2 ounce red squeeze tube, with a cute picture of a gingerbread man on the front. The lid is black and the tip is slanted hard plastic. This allows for easy and precise application of the lip shine. From the packaging: philosphy: a good man nourishes your body and soul.

Product
The lip shine is very glossy, with a slight brown tint. This doesn't leave a brown tint on your lips though -- it applies clear and shiny. It's a very smooth gloss, not sticky or gritty. The flavor is PERFECT. Tastes just like a spicy gingerbread cookie. It's not overpowering, but enough to satisfy that holiday cookie craving! The gloss has great staying power. It usually lasts about an hour or two on my lips.

Satisfaction
Overall, I am very satisfied with the gloss. It leaves my lips hydrated and smooth, but not sticky. I've had the gloss for over a month now and it doesn't appear to be anywhere close to empty. I like that the tip is hard plastic, because it doesn't get sticky like some fuzzy tipped applicators. It stays very sanitary this way, because no product collects on the tip.

I paid $10 for this gloss from www.philosophy.com. It may sound steep, but for a high quality gloss with an excellent flavor, I don't mind. So many glosses these days are incredibly overpowering, or way too sticky. This is definitely my "perfect gloss" for the time being. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2006 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yum! This is a spicy comforting scent! This is what I expected Cinnamon Buns to be. I don't really get the "gingerbread" scent...to me it just smells spicy. I love it though. It adds just a tiny hint of color to my lips too. I had one from last year and lost it. So, I rebought it this year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2006 2:39:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the *most* amazing smelling lip gloss I own! It is so strong and long lasting, wish it wasn't *so* sticky though. I'm still giving this 5 lippies, the smell is just incredible!! This is clear gloss, no color or shimmer to it. Fresh, rich gingerbread, not too heavy and not burnt or synthetic smelling just fresh & lovely. Enjoy :o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

This is my favourite clear gloss to date. It makes my lips look incredibly glossy without feeling gross and looks amazing on its own or over lip stick to bring out the colour. It also tastes good:)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2006 5:16:00 PM More reviews by dulces78

I almost love it. It has a great flavor, scent, moisturizes, and shiny and sexy all at the same time. I have the same prob w/ it as I do w/ most glosses, its a bit sticky. That hasn't stopped me from wearing it. My nieces thought it was super yummy too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2006 11:54:00 AM More reviews by dirtee714

I love the shade, taste, and texture of this lip balm. Yes, it's very thick! I recieved the whole gingerbread set as a gift, and the lip balm was the only product I liked! Addictive!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2006 4:08:00 PM More reviews by catatonia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm glad i tried this before i bought it. I LOVE gingerbread but didn't think this was at all like gingerbread! tasted so bad i had to wipe it off. too bad, because i really wanted to like it!