Lansinoh Lanolin

4.7

100% pure lanolin

on 7/2/2015 5:51:00 PM

Just got the Lansinoh HPA Lanolin tube delivered from drugstore.com. I have had a chapped patch on my lower lip for a while, probably from wearing longwear lipsticks, and generally have something like that....I put some of this on about 20 minutes ago and it's already taken care of it. I'm completely amazed. I'm going to get more tubes of this stuff so I have it all over the house, in my purse, and to recommend & give to friends. I'm in love with it!!

on 7/2/2015 3:50:00 AM

After reading someone else's review I decided to buy this product. I have tried SO MANY products from HE to drugstore brands. I have to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this for my lips!!! I don't remember the last time I looked at my lips in the morning and they didn't still look somewhat chapped/dry even though I put something on them every night without fail. Now, since using this they look and feel amazing...highly recommend!

on 5/26/2015 3:09:00 AM

Simply the best thing! Perfect..moist lips, smoother lips..no more cracking..

on 3/18/2015 6:04:00 PM

This review is for the Lansinoh lanolin cream only. I found this product in the baby stuff aisle because it is used for nipple care. While my nips are just fine my lips aren't. This product is about as safe and non irritating as you can get especially since babies come in contact with it. I take a medication that I will be on for life. One of the top side effects is dry and cracking lips. This is THE ONLY product that works for me. I've tried so many things for my lips with no lasting results. Lansinoh is a godsend for me. I use it every night and it is still on my lips in the morning. The cracks and dryness are gone. During the day I use it too only a smaller amount. I've tried another brand that is more ointment like because it was less expensive. It just wasn't the same. Lansinoh is more creamy but has incredible staying power. I hope it works for some of you like it does for me.

on 3/6/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as a night treatment on my lips. There is probably enough product for five lifetimes. It works very well for this purpose. I don't think I could ever shell out the money for Dr lipp after using this (dr lipp is 100% lanolin).

on 2/8/2015 12:41:00 AM

I have constant peeling lips from a Carmex addiction. I started using Carmex years ago, it would make my lips peel, once they peeled it was painful and nothing would heal it other than more Carmex. And so I was in this endless cycle of cracked dry peeling lips. The skin would always grow back very thick and hard and peel right off. Gross I know.

I tried every lip balm on the market, from cheap drugstore ones, healing ones like La Roche Posay ceralips, to high end $$ balms. I even tried putting on things like Polysporin and Neosporin to try to heal them. Nothing could ween me off of Carmex, they would all help for a few days and my lips would always end up so dry that the only solution was Carmex.

I've been using this for a little while now and it's a miracle. The skin on my lips are growing back normal, soft and not peeling off. After years and years I'm so happy that this finally worked. It's so cheap and much more effective than other lip products that contain lanolin.

I can't believe they're not marketing this as a lip product because they would make a fortune and help so many people out.

on 12/9/2014 8:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased pure Lansinoh (not an off brand) to use as a moisturizer for my fingertips and cuticles, and it is simply amazing. It is refined and has absolutely no smell.
I use a tiny pea-size amount, let it warm up between my fingers, and massage it in morning and night. Within two days, my cuticles were much more moisturized and the dry flaky skin around the edges of my nails was softened up and smooth.
The day I bought it, I burned the tip of my finger just below my nail on a hot cookie sheet. The spot turned red, and it HURT~I thought for sure it would blister. I started using the Lansinoh that night and some did get on the spot, although I didn't intentionally put it there. A day and a half later, the spot was completely gone. I don't honestly know for sure that the Lansinoh healed it, but it's definitely possible.
The only drawback is that the stuff is really greasy, but you can limit the greasiness by using only a tiny amount, and applying it exactly where you need it.
Miracle in a tube!

on 12/3/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This review is for the Koru Naturals tub of lanolin that I purchased off Amazon.

I've been intrigued by lanolin ever since I noticed that all the lip balm formulas I love have this ingredient in them. Once I heard about the Dr. Lipp original nipple balm for lips which is 100% lanolin I've been wanting to try it but thought it was overpriced considering it was a single ingredient. The generic version is much cheaper and has lived up to all of my hopes and dreams.

It's a bit thick and waxy upon application but warms up quickly after it gets on lips. I apply this every night and my lips look and feel normal. I don't need to constantly reapply lip balm any longer (I still do a couple times a day for SPF though). The only caveat is that the generic version that I have does have a scent to it. I don't mind the scent because I don't use it during the day anyway (no SPF). I've heard that the ones marketed specifically for lip-use (i.e. Dr. Lipp, Lanolips, etc.) have less offensive fragrances so the smell isn't a deal breaker.

I had no idea my lips could be this soft and nice, and I feel like this is the only thing that moisturizes my lips instead of just coating them in product. I have already converted someone to lanolin and she feels similarly.

I highly recommend giving this a shot, especially if you have had success with lip balms that contain lanolin before.

My lips are exposed to the sun and wind often as I am an active motorcycle enthusiast, even with a full face helmet and being in AZ.

This year 2014 my lips were sunburned badly and I suffered for almost 2 weeks solid with dry, swelled, 2 painful areas on my lower lip and 1 on my upper lip. It was just horribly painful and even affected my "sense of taste" as even an allergic reaction.

I tried many OTC products to include even ordering on the internet out of sheer dispair and I was ready to actually make an appt with the doctor. Horrid!

I tried: Stopping using my toothpaste and changed it (that didn't do anything.) Tried Neosporin Lip Health (slathered heavy on @ night) it brought some comfort but did not heal, tried Corti Balm (stung my lips and made them extremely sensitive), tried Blistex (made my lips even more swollen and stung), tried Carmex (same reaction as the Blistex), tried Petroleum Vaseline (did no heal), tried opening up a Vit E capsule (offered some relief temporarily for maybe an hour), tried Olive Oil & Coconut Oil (same as the Vit E, only temporary and lasted only up to 30 mins if that!), then I read the information about using Lansinoh (HPA Lanolin). Went to the local Walmart, bought it, put it on while still parked in the car and almost immeadiately felt a relief, amazing! I used it (only takes a tiny dab) after I was able to eat again and used it prior to going to bed. Within 2 days of regular use, my lips regained a nice pinkish tone, not overly sensitive, swelling gone, not dry and taste returned.

It has now been a month and I still use just a tiny dab during the day and prior to going to bed and my lips are healed, soft, good color, not sensitive to touch. Does not interfer with my wearing a quality lip balm called Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balm, apply the Lansinoh first. Works for me. This past lip experience was HORRID!

on 9/21/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

2 STARS. Let me explain.

My lips had been chapped for over a year and nothing seemed to work. They got so bad I bought this after trying lots of product including By Terry's Baume de Rose. I actually opened it at the store before buying (sometimes I do this hah), and they were almost fully healed by the time I got home. Miracle right?...not quite.

So I became really obsessed with this stuff the week following thinking it was a miracle moisturizer. I applied it all over my face and mixed into my body creams. I love moisture (also this didn't break me out). Anyway, I noticed my face and everywhere I had applied it were at first instantly soft and supple. However, I noticed my makeup didn't apply nice and fresh with this since my skin actually looked dryish and less dense. Later on my face was showing signs of dryness. And most apparent (after days of slathering on constantly trying to recapture the initial effect) was that my lips had formed a hard outer layer that was sooo dry and tight, it was actually painful. I was peeling them like crazy and they were 100xs worse than before. It is possible I am allergic to this, but I doubt it because I tried this out as a hair mask and it also DRIED out my hair. If I put other Occlusives like Raw Shea etc.. into my hair as a mask I get great results...so I really think there is something wrong with the Lanolin.

Don't despair. my lips are satin and dewy now, and no longer dependent on ANY product!! I never thought I'd get to say that again. What is working? To my surprise it was actually Vaseline that healed my lips. I use the Vaseline brand lip treatment with Cocoa Butter and it gave instant relief but dewy perfect lips came about 3 days after. My lips are now perfect thanks to the cheapest thing...crazy!! Never thought the cheapest thing was the best all along. If you want perfect lips, try the Vaseline (first pick) or the ELF Lip Exfoliator (works like a very expensive prep, my second choice).

This stuff may work if you are only using it minimally, in small amount and not very often. OR possibly if you add an occlusive over it to try to lock in the moisture...Palmers stick would also work. (I also have to say I started getting nauseated by the fact I was putting sheep sebum all over my mouth. I was using a lot of this though, but I became sickened and tried to ignore it while I thought it was "hydrating" me.)

I still gave this product 2 stars because the manufacturers didn't intend this for lip balm! Infact I could imagine it working great as a breast-feeding cream, perhaps it's only intended for that maybe something with the moisture coming from the baby's mouth. I also appreciate that they haven't released this as a lip balm bc they probably are a good ethical company that knows their stuff and doesn't want to mislead consumers that pure lanolin would work for chapped lips.

Popular Lip Treatments