Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Creme

3.6

INGREDIENTS: Water, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Sorbitol, Glycerin, Calcium Ascorbate, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Auranium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Berberis Aquilforium Extract, Steareth-20, Methylsulfonylmethane , Glycerin, Kojic Dipalmitate, Steareth-2, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin, Superoxide Dismutase, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides

After using this product for about a week, my skin broke out in the worst acne I have ever had. I know people with less sensitive skin who rave about this product but if you are acne prone, I'd avoid it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this! Great moisturizer for under makeup and it doesn't leave me feeling oily or sticky

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love how light and sheer this feels on my skin. I use just a small amount and I pat it on. A little goes a long way. It's very moisturizing and it leaves my skin so smooth and soft. I notice a difference in my dark spots/acne scarring and I can't say 100% it's the moisturizer alone as I believe it just works well within the rest of my regimen but it certainly hasn't harmed my skin - i had no breakouts with this at all. It is wonderful under make up as well. It's a bit on the expensive side. I bought the smaller jars first to make sure this was something I wanted to spend more money on and they lasted quite long (almost 2 months) and I now just buy the 1.7 oz jar. I do wish it came in a tube or pump because I dont like dipping my finger in the jar (I actually use a q-tip). Other than that I have no issues with the product at all.

*****UPDATE*****

1/14/2016: I had to revisit this review after doing one for Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I found that about 2 months ago this moisturizer just stopped working for me. The only change in my routine was me introducing a Clarisonic to my skin. I expected the Clarisonic to help my moisturizer reach its full potential but I actually felt like after cleansing my skin was so bright and smooth but when I put on the moisturizer my skin became flat and dull. It was strange. I also noticed NO difference in my spots. What I initially thought was fading was probably just dead skin being removed while exfoliating. My Clarisonic has done more for my dark spots in a couple months than this moisturizer has done in the 7 months I've been using it. The 3 oz jar is $78 for crying out loud. WAY overpriced for something that isn't working anymore. I know this is like a full 180 from my initial review but I have to be honest here, I think it would be a really good moisturizer for normal skin types. Yes, it was light and hydrating and didn't break me out but it wasn't anything special and sadly it's all hype and my initial review probably added to that. This did absolutely nothing for my oily skin. I've realized in the past year that for ME, it's more important that I use products that are more geared towards MY skin type and not "all skin types".

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I feel like the product would be good for people with normal-dry skin, but I don't think it's exactly right for me personally. I've been using the moisturizer along with the truth serum and the invigorating night gel as part of the three wonders set, but if it weren't for the set, I don't think the moisturizer would be something that I'd use on it's own. The texture is very moisturizing and I feel like it doesn't quite sink into my skin even after applying the serum or gel. Also, not sure if it's the product but I feel like it might be what's clogging my pores.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use Ole Henriksen's Sheer Transformation Crème as part of the Three Little Wonders set. The Truth Serum has more of a water-based gel feeling, so this is necessary to feel moisturized. Alone, it has a light consistency and a sheer texture, which is nice, because I layer it over the Truth Serum. This crème is decent but not a very heavy duty solution to skin concerns such as hyperpigmentation or texture.

I can't say if this faded my hyperpigmentation or whatever else this claims. I didn't notice anything dramatic, but I loved it as a moisturizer. It was light weight, non-greasy, absorbed quickly and left my face feeling smooth and ridiculously soft. My only hang up is that I like my morning moisturizer to have spf. Two birds, one stone. But, otherwise, it was great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Can't believe how many people had a negative experience with this. First off, I have combo/acne prone skin. Dry on the outer parts of my face and oily on tzone. I noticed this creme feels completely different if applied on slightly damp skin verses dry skin. It feels like silk and sinks in on damp skin and doesn't leave a greasy film. However, the first 2 or 3 days of using it I had some breakouts on my forehead and chin. I stuck with it anyway and the breakout went away on its own. I don't know if it helps with hyper pigmentation as yet since it usually takes about 3 months to see results with that. I really hate moisturizers in jars because it becomes contaminated use after use. But that's a bummer since most beloved moisturizers come in jars. A definite plus is the spf in it

I bought this in a sample trio at sephora. I couldn't tell you if this worked or not. I saw no difference in my skin whatsoever. I'm looking for a regime that will make my skin look good without makeup and this wasn't it. I didn't break out or anything negative, just nothing innately positive either. I will not buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. My skin feels taut and dehydrated after removing make up (even with gentle cleansers), so I use this at night. It doesn't feel greasy, just moistening. I am also using the Ole Truth Serum just before applying this moisturizer, so combined together my skin feels hydrated and supple, my skin glows. This product is easily just as good as a standalone moisturizer though, no need to combine it with the Ole Truth Serum. This product doesn't irritate my acne at all. I seriously wish I could afford to use this as a day time moisturizer!

I don't know that this product impacts my hyperpigmentation, I'm seeing improvement in that area but I do use a lot of products that could have a positive effect on my pigmentation (sunscreen, Ole Truth Serum, mild exfoliation, etc.), so I can't speak to the product's claims on this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I forgot to write a review on this product when I bought & tried it about 8 months ago. The impact from it on my skin was so negative that I still have a solid opinion on it.

My skin broke out in cystic acne after ONE night of using this. I noticed a bunch of clogged pores within HOURS of application, and the next morning - my face hurt. This is being advertised as oil free on Sephora's website, but I found out the hard way it does contain sandalwood oil. And after inspecting the ingredients more closely I found a bunch of acne triggers, such as vitamin e and coconut oil. Something I have learned as someone that breaks out from certain ingredients is you need to know not only the trigger itself, but the many names it can hide behind in an ingredient list. At the bottom of this review I have added the full ingredient list. If you are concerned about an ingredient clogging your skin I would suggest googling it or going on cosdna's website.

For those of you that have dry skin and no acne... I'd give this a shot. It is very emollient and did not burn my sensitive skin. If you have combination or "normal" skin I'd still err on the side of caution. I'm not kidding about how emollient this creme is. I'd describe it as a much thinner version of vaseline, but with beneficial active ingredients. Even though this product was a dud in my case I can not deny the science of vitamin c, kojic acid, vitamin e, and all of the many extracts within this formula.

Full ingredient list: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Steareth-20, Steareth-2, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Berberis Vulgaris Root Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Sucrose Dilaurate, Sorbitol, Octyldodecanol, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Farnesol.

Popular Face Skincare Products