Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Creme

3.6

INGREDIENTS: Water, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Sorbitol, Glycerin, Calcium Ascorbate, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Auranium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Berberis Aquilforium Extract, Steareth-20, Methylsulfonylmethane , Glycerin, Kojic Dipalmitate, Steareth-2, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin, Superoxide Dismutase, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. My skin feels taut and dehydrated after removing make up (even with gentle cleansers), so I use this at night. It doesn't feel greasy, just moistening. I am also using the Ole Truth Serum just before applying this moisturizer, so combined together my skin feels hydrated and supple, my skin glows. This product is easily just as good as a standalone moisturizer though, no need to combine it with the Ole Truth Serum. This product doesn't irritate my acne at all. I seriously wish I could afford to use this as a day time moisturizer!

I don't know that this product impacts my hyperpigmentation, I'm seeing improvement in that area but I do use a lot of products that could have a positive effect on my pigmentation (sunscreen, Ole Truth Serum, mild exfoliation, etc.), so I can't speak to the product's claims on this.

on 4/23/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I forgot to write a review on this product when I bought & tried it about 8 months ago. The impact from it on my skin was so negative that I still have a solid opinion on it.

My skin broke out in cystic acne after ONE night of using this. I noticed a bunch of clogged pores within HOURS of application, and the next morning - my face hurt. This is being advertised as oil free on Sephora's website, but I found out the hard way it does contain sandalwood oil. And after inspecting the ingredients more closely I found a bunch of acne triggers, such as vitamin e and coconut oil. Something I have learned as someone that breaks out from certain ingredients is you need to know not only the trigger itself, but the many names it can hide behind in an ingredient list. At the bottom of this review I have added the full ingredient list. If you are concerned about an ingredient clogging your skin I would suggest googling it or going on cosdna's website.

For those of you that have dry skin and no acne... I'd give this a shot. It is very emollient and did not burn my sensitive skin. If you have combination or "normal" skin I'd still err on the side of caution. I'm not kidding about how emollient this creme is. I'd describe it as a much thinner version of vaseline, but with beneficial active ingredients. Even though this product was a dud in my case I can not deny the science of vitamin c, kojic acid, vitamin e, and all of the many extracts within this formula.

Full ingredient list: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Steareth-20, Steareth-2, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Berberis Vulgaris Root Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Sucrose Dilaurate, Sorbitol, Octyldodecanol, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Farnesol.

on 2/28/2015 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I tried this product for 6 months, and it never improved my skin. It was too heavy (or was it silicone?) for nighttime wear. It didn't work well with primer. At first it caused acne. After a couple of weeks, the acne disappeared but nothing else improved. The kicker is that it expires 6 months after opening and I had only used up half the product. This is a waste of money,

on 2/27/2015 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got a set with seven small sizes of several Ole Henriksen products. I had never used this brand before but had read good reviews! The set was on offer, so I thought I would try...

I have only used some of the products and ended up returning the whole set after only three days.I just couldn't cope with so much tingling and burning. The worse offender was definitely the invigorating night gel. However, the sheer transformation also made me tingle. In fact, I used it on its own one night and I could feel my face was tight and tingling. Uncomfortable tingling, had to wash my face again.

I don't really know if the products work or not because they proved to be too aggressive to my skin even before I had time to experiment properly. I seriously felt I was abusing my skin with very harsh products. My skin broke out, got red, itchy, uncomfortably tingly, developed temporary red patches... Even though I can't comment on the efficacy, I would say that is not good skincare to begin with... I mean, it's 'skin care' for a reason... We are meant to 'care' for our skin... Not abuse it. It's funny because apparently Ole himself recommends that people respect their skin... Ironic... Most importantly, though, I believe these products should not be labelled as being adequate to all skin types. They clearly aren't.

on 2/9/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cream in the "3 Little Wonders" set, and I would put it on in the mornings after applying the Truth Serum Collagen booster. I have very oily skin, and this cream was a bit too heavy for me. It didn't make me break out, but my skin was significantly more greasy. Other than that, the texture and the scent of the cream were good, and I didn't mind the packaging -- I just used a Q-tip to make sure there wasn't any contamination. In the end, I ended up using only the Truth Serum Collagen booster in the morning, and if my skin was abnormally dry, I used just a tiny bit of this product.

on 12/28/2014 7:38:00 PM

Too heavy for me. Perhaps it will work for someone else.

on 12/27/2014 1:02:00 AM

I got this as part of the 3 little wonders package. Some have complained about the scent but I liked it. It was my first time trying Ole and I finished the entire package. I was glad I didn't break out as that is what worries me most when trying something new. It was ok but I only gave it 2 lippies overall because I didn't notice a difference in my skin.

on 11/29/2014 12:11:00 AM

I really like this moisturizer. The scent is really subtle (which works for me) and it doesn't make my skin oily. One of the best day moisturizers out there in my opinion

on 11/15/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Cannot stand the scent of this. Also the texture was weird and gross on my skin. Didn't feel as if it completely sank in. So glad I didn't pay full price for this.

on 11/15/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got this as part of the 3 Little Wonders pack and I was pleased with it. It's unscented, has a light, whipped texture and absorbs well into the skin. I don't like the feeling of having much on my face during the day and I felt like this was too heavy to wear under my makeup, but I would definitely consider purchasing the full-size as a night cream. It was the best item in the 3 Little Wonders kit. Of course, I would prefer that none of my products come in jar form, but I always use it with clean hands so that isn't a huge issue for me.

Popular Face Skincare Products