July 31, 2014 | 988 users online

Skincare - Face - Ole Henriksen - Sheer Transformation Creme

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This has a nice texture but imparts virtually no moisture and made no difference. With this line, I don't see much of a difference. It left me dry as well and I don't have dry skin. I would say for the price you can do much better. Any AHA product would be better than this, I would also say investing in a 15%+ vitamin c serum would do a lot more. The quality of the ingredients feel high but albeit very low to make a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by annabrem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my god I love this stuff. It feels silky and amazing going on and is so lovely to my skin. It might not provide enough moisture for some people, but I have combination skin so it was perfect for me. I've re-purchased at least 4 times

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my current daytime summer moisturizer, and I still LOVE it. It has a very light texture, is oil free and very hydrating on my oily/combo skin. I'm on my third jar in 2 years and have never broken out from this.

This has a very high concentration of Vitamin C, which boosts the skin's defenses against sun damage. I wear it under my mineral makeup every morning.

I like the glass jar and use the empties for mixing or storing other skincare etc. The price of course is high compared to drugstore brands, but the ingredients are well worth it. It's now available in a bigger 2.5 oz jar, which is a better value than the regular size jar. I highly recommend this if you have oily, reactive skin that craves moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm one of those weird people who has super-special skin that isn't bothered by silicone - LOL. Seriously, I have been using this stuff for two years, I'm on my fourth full-sized jar, and I've never had a breakout from this stuff. I do have pretty normal skin, and occasionally get hormone-induced spots, but none that I can blame on any of the products I use on my face.

I love the light, fluffy texture, and I'm not bothered at all by the smell or the jar. In fact, I like the jar better because I can get ALL the product out, and I don't have to worry about one pump being too much or not enough. And of course I wash my hands first, so...

I use this in the evening after cleansing and applying Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel. I use a different moisturizer in the morning before applying makeup. I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by materialface

absolutely LOVE this moisturizer/creme. I had a deluxe-sized sample of this few months ago from Sephora, and to my surprise I really enjoyed it. I purchased this a few days ago and I'm so happy to have the full size tub.
- it is an oil-free formula. My skin soaks this cream in both for day and night with no residue. From first glance, it looks like a typical thick white cream that will clog your pores but its not at all.
- The claims in the description says that it helps to diminish dark spots and your overall skin's texture. I have seen these results. My overall complexion is improving. I've noticed that even my makeup looks and stays put much better, when using this in the morning for a work day.
- The price for the 1.7 fl oz tub of $48 CAD is average. Origins' Nightamins cream was in the $50 CAD range.
-The biggest PRO for me is that I can use this day AND night. I make sure to use a foundation with SPF in it during the day.

I will continue to repurchase this creme for a very long time. I've tried a handful of Ole Henrikson's products, and this is one of top faves.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I got a sample of this, and it seriously felt like it broke me out instantly. It had a nice texture, but it really didn't agree with my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by MYarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the WORST moisturizers I have ever used. In the beginning I was like "wow, this is great. It's evening out my complexion and my face looks great!" However, after a while I noticed I started to get the horrible pimples and my face was drying out (my nose especially) like crazy! It made some of my skin this weird leathery texture. Ick! Prior to using this product I had been using a Boscia moisturizer with my Boscia black face wash (great combo), but switched to Sheer Transformation because it was a more economical option and the size of the moisturizer was decent for the price.

I would never buy this product again and it's left a bad taste in my mouth for Ole Henricksen! I don't even want to try their other products for fear it will mess up my face. BEWARE, don't buy this product.

I guess some people were saying there are silicones in this product. Maybe that's what's causing my face to react oddly. When you pay a higher price for a product, you don't expect things like silicone to be in them. I sure wish I read these reviews before I purchased!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Xristyg27

If I could just give it zero lippies. Ugh! This thing flared me up in a matter of minutes. If you have acne-prone skin, like me, do not get it. Trust me! I think it's the silicone or something, but in a one day wear I had minimum 10 small zits all around my cheeks. Yes, right there where it's the hardest to fade TOTALLY not cool and I love their wash. Screw it I learned my lesson. Go organic and natural. I've never had any problem with my organic coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by animeluverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Initially tried this from the trio sample, and it was the only product I fell in love with. I got the full size jar and used it morning and night. It lessened much of the redness on my face from past acne scars and smoothed out dry rough patches. It's light and not oily. Amazing stuff, my hg moisturizer for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ainaraina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: light
moisturizing
I used this product in the summer and during half of fall, and it did not disappoint me during those hot months because it was light. In the summer my skin is still a little dry so this was perfect because the lightness prevented me from breaking out and it was enough to moisturize. I went to the northern part of Quebec last summer for a week and the weather is a little chilly and it's dry up there. I noticed that my skin got really dry even if I was using this moisturizer with a boost from argan oil, so I don't think it is good enough for the winter if you have dry skin like me.
Cons: does not brighten my skin
packaging
I not really sure whether it does what it claims. At least my skin did not receive the brightening effects.
I personally dislike this type of packaging because microorganisms can grow in the product and it doesn't even come with a scooper. I used quips instead.

I will not repurchase this product simply because I do tend to be adventurous with skin care products to try and find what's best for my skin. And I've just begun a new skin care routine so I can't recommend anything.