November 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Pressed Powders - Stila - Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My acne-prone skin will react by the day's end if a product is not suitable. So im extra cautious when buying powders / foundations / primers / sunscreens. I get those really mean cystic ones if a product is a big no-no. I bought this in Medium for my NC25/30 skin. It's a pretty decent powder that doesn't look cakey & essentially mattify my shiny face by midday. Most importantly, it doesn't break me out or clogs up my skin, which I truly appreciate with this powder. It kind of just refreshed my face with matteness. The compact is slim & lightweight too, dropped it once it doesn't shatter. So this might be a new staple to my daily essentials!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This seems to have been discontinued but I manage to get the refills on EBay so my ratings are based on that. Providing you get this in the right shade this is a very sheer, almost invisible powder that sets foundation nicely and doesn't cake. I have Medium for my autumn/winter NC25/30 skin and it is perfect. It seems slightly more neutral than yellow so it is very adaptable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by jmluu

It really really sheer, provides the appearance of perfect skin and really does minimize pores. The sponge is rinky dinky. Lastly I think it can be improved upon by adding sunblock.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Valerie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice product if you can find your shade. It controls oil well and will not cake. The compact is really cute. The puff is a piece of junk. It only comes in 3 shades. Light is about NC15. Why did they get rid of the fair shade?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by mommybabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a VERY sheer powder, so perfect if that's exactly what you want. I use this more to set my liquid foundation, I have dry skin so tend to use foundations aimed more for dry skin. This in turn can mean the foundation is a little inclined to rub off. This powder helps to set my foundation a little more and gives a nice clear complexion. If you are after a medium coverage, definitely try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by AmberTillman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, this has got to win the award for cutest powder compact on the market, lol! I LOVE Stila's packaging, but I also love the product inside, so it's a no brainer for me :-) I have an ultra oily t-zone, and no matter what I use, I require multiple powder blotting throughout the day, so I require a powder which truly is sheer and not going to cake up by the end of the day. I use Light in the winter and Medium in the summer, the Light is very light and should work for most fair skintones. This powder goes on sheer, and silky, and helps keep oil in check, and never gets clumpy, caked, or sunken into pores. The puff could be a little better, and so could the price, but this is my favorite pressed powder by far!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder had cracked all the way through shortly after I purchased it. Now I'm desperately trying to scavenge the remains as my purse and car seat become covered in tiny cracked powder specs. I paid a good $30 for it, and can't justify throwing it out just yet. Also, I never dropped it. Yes, I carry it everywhere, but that shouldn't make it crack within weeks. I am heartbroken, because the powder itself is actually really good. It looks and feels great (my skin is oilier than most). Also, the packaging is cute, and isn't ginormous like so many other powders. But the applicator puff that came with it sucks, I had to buy a separate one from Sephora. I will not be repurchasing again.... It's too expensive and not durable enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Lvg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't feel the need to use pressed powder until my skin started producing excess oil. I purchased Stila's Sheer Pressed Powder in Medium along with the brand's Sheer Color SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer also in Medium which are both a PERFECT match for Olive skin tones as the reviewer below me stated. I absolutely LOVE this product. I cannot believe I had never used pressed powder before. Stila's Sheer Pressed Powder comes in a durable, decent sized, well made compact. It produces an amazing sheer finish and provides extra coverage. Great for blotting and touch ups. I'll definitely be repurchasing this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, i wish i didn't have to write a bad review, but here goes: To start with, i am NC20/25 olive and the medium color in this powder was a PERFECT MATCH. sigh. but then the itching started. and then the breakouts. within 30 min i had three breakouts on my cheek and they didn't go away until i washed off the powder. Turns out, this has corn starch --which is great at absorbing powder, BUT when it gets any moisture trapped underneath (which is the point of a blotting powder, right?) it harbors BACTERIA and FUNGUS. yikes. no wonder i got itchy! had to treat my face with a long microdermabrasion scrub and a AHA/BHA peel afterwards, just to get it back to normal. oh and tea tree oil. So, even though it was the perfect color, texture, finish *cries* --it is not worth it to screw my skin, which i go to great lengths to take care of. Too bad. (For the record, i remember years ago loving Stila's IPF in 40 watts, but that too caused breakouts). I would give it a ZERO, but i have to admit the colors and finish are remarkable.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ShareenaDean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this powder. It is perfect for blotting and it doesn't cake or feeling like a walking opera actress. It does makes my pore invisible.
I love the cute packaging.:")