TRESemme Clarifying Shampoo

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/13/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a very good shampoo and does what it says. I like everything about it: the consistency (kind of thick, not liquid), the fact that it's transparent, the smell. It lathers very well, too. It has a rather "pro" feel to it. It deep cleanses my hair without leaving it "straw like", but yes, you will need to use a conditioner with it. I am a little bit of o "shampoo junkie", I like trying new ones all the time, and I have repurchased it once already. I use it when I feel like having fluffy, super voluminous hair rather than ultra glossy super hydrated hair. I took one lipstick off because eventually, If I don't use my selenium sulfate shampoo at all for a few weeks, my scalp will start itching, but then again, this is a personal sensibility of mine and can't be blamed on the product.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I think this is a good shampoo, it is a bit temporarily drying but I enjoy that squeaky clean feeling. I have incredibly fine hair and this hasn't really done anything bad to it, to my knowledge. I only wash my hair every other day and use a rich conditioner so I quite like this.

Unfortunately this shampoo made my scalp and hair soooo dry. But I'm using it to clean my makeup brushes and it works well :)

on 3/13/2013 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am on my second bottle of this shampoo, as I really love it. I have extremely long, thick hair. Initially I wanted a shampoo that I could use now and then to give me that extra clean, squeaky feel. This certainly does that! However, I have taken to using this every time I wash my hair as I'm addicted to the squeaky clean wash that it gives. It's not dried my hair out at all, I feel it's gentle enough to use in place of my regular shampoo. I just make sure I use conditioner on the ends of my hair. This shampoo certainly does what it claims to do, and the best thing is its so reasonably priced! Absolutely love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin and hair. With my hair I cannot go a day without washing it and I have to be careful with what shampoos I use...it seems like just about everything I used would make my hair look like a big greaseball...until I started using this. This is indeed "clarifying." It cleans my scalp so well. You must use conditioner when using this shampoo though. For those who don't have oily scalps, I would recommend using this once a week to get rid of any build-up. For those with oily hair like me, using this once a day is a must. This product is cheap and comes in a big bottle. Love it...it's changed my hair for the better.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product on sale (it was so cheap at Kmart!) and no wonder it was on sale.. the shampoo is labelled "clarifying" but only made my hair oily and really hard to manage! Im not extremely particular about hair car products (even if i dont really like something, i'll just use it up) but this is making my hair limp and dead!

on 5/12/2012 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this once a week as I use a heap of products in my hair. I absolutely love it. My hair and scalp feel so so clean afterwards. I bought this on sale, and I can't believe how cheap it is considering the amount. Still wish it came with a pump. I follow up with a silicone free conditioner, also from Tresemme. My hair still feels very soft and manageable after using it, but as others say, once a week is plenty for me.

on 6/29/2011 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It does what it says - the shampoo cleans all that gunk out of your hair and does leave my hair squeaky clean. I know that's not supposed to be a good thing but about once a week or so, that's the kind of clean I want. However I don't think it's drying and my hair looks shiny afterwards.

It's the only shampoo that really works effectively on my dogs as well after they've rolled in things I'd rather they not have.

On the negative side, I don't know why don't include a pump. It's a bit annoying to hoist that huge bottle upside down when a pump would be so much more convenient. Sometimes they have "specials" and include the pump as a bonus. I'd rather they charge me a buck more and include the pump every time.

Also, it does tend to strip my hair color which is why I use it so infrequently.

All in all though, a great product and does what it says for a very low price.

on 8/7/2010 8:39:00 AM

This shampoo is supposed to remove buildup, but it hasnt made any difference to my hair. Will not re-purchase.

on 6/1/2010 1:41:00 PM

I'm at my 3rd bottle and this time I actually got a BIG one (1000 ml).
I have fine hair, with dry ends. However, my hair gets greasy at the roots very fast, so I have to wash it every 2-3 days.

I use this shampoo for my greasy roots together with a TRESemme moisturinsing conditioner that I apply on my dry ends.
I have to say it's the perfect combination! I've been using it for a few months now and fortunately I've had no problems with my scalp, no damage to the hair, no dandruff. And it's not expensive at all.