November 27, 2014 | 1483 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Maximum Growth Nourishing Nail Polish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by peggy1234

I bought about 6 of these for stamping. I was able to get them for $2.00 and they work really well for that. They do seem a bit thin and watery but stamped perfect. I haven't tried them yet for polished nails. I don't think the regular price of $8.00 would be worth it, There are much better polishes out there for that kind of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

I'm definitely a nail polish junkie, and though I've never really been into trying out drugstore polishes I have been doing a lot more of that lately. There is a reason that I don't usually bother, and it's because of products like THIS. The formulation was streaky and watery. Usually I enjoy a wider brush, but with this liquidy formula it was just sloppy and made a mess.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i have naturally long nails but they can get dry and be more susceptible to breaking if left unpolished. i went awhile without wearing polish on my nails and started wear this line in nourishing natural shade. it's just a hint of color but looks nice. i actually like the brush, i think you can polish the nail faster with this thick, wide brush. i read the other reviews and agree it doesn't dry super quick but i have a quick dry that i put on top so no problem there.

**update** i had to change my rating on this. it's a bit thick which didn't bother me for applying but i think that is what makes it chip within a day of applying. chipping leads to exposed areas which can cause breaking. i like sally hansen products but something in this makes it not last and as a result your nails are more vulnerable. i'll be returning it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I have this in Pink Sand, and I hate it. The formula is extremely watery so it runs everywhere if I don't dab my brush a ton, the colour is really hard to see so I have to apply at least three coats (usually I do two), and the polish chips so easily! I don't like Sally Hansen brushes in general, but I found this one particularly hard to work with. The finish is nice, but the hassle wasn't worth it for me, especially how it chips all off days later.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Maurie97

Love this product (Color-Sweet Tulips) and it is quickly becoming my HG nail polish. Love the soft whisper pink color and that it looks amazing on any length nail. Have used it on my normal sporty length and my "yikes I cut em too short" length and both look spectacular. Actually looking to buy a back up bottle of this one so I don't run out. Must try. Yes, it does take awhile to dry, but I used Orly In a Snap top coat and it dried in a moderate time frame. Only thing I wish it had a shorter length to the brush. Not the actual bristles but the connector length. I prefer working with something a bit closer. I would recommend this color to anyone who prefers light/nude colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for a buck during a convention and mainly bought it because it said 'maximum growth' in the packaging. I don't really see my nails growing at all with this, so I took one lippie off for that. I also noticed that it took forever to dry, like over 12 hours before I could use my hands without worrying if my polish would end up with dents or imprints of my fingers on them from a test touch.

Of course, that was without using a top coat or a base coat (again this was because I read that it was maximum growth and supposedly nourishing) so I'll update my review when I use it again with a base and top if there's any difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by buzhidao

It's look like unhealthy when I brush on nail polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by xbanannax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go to nail polish. I especially love the color Sweet Tulip, see picture. After Sally discontinued Pink Whisper Creme I found this color to be acceptable, along with Innocent Nude. The colors I like are mainly sheer and require 2-3 coats. The undertones in Sweet Tulip help to cancel out any yellow in the nail tip and make them look clean and fresh. I don't think this formula even needs a base coat or top coat. In fact, I would avoid fast dry top coats (i.e. seche vite) altogether because they tend to chip even faster then regular top coats. Generally fast dry top coats dry so fast and hard that it becomes brittle and actually promotes chipping. At any rate, I have had great results without either.

I do agree with some of the other reviewers who say that it takes forever to dry, however I have an application technique which helps....
Let the first color coat dry at least 30 min. before applying the second coat. Although you can do things after about 30 min. allow the 2nd coat to dry at least 2 hours before you hit the sack to avoid sheet marks. If you like 3 coats, then apply the third coat the next day and again allow 2 hours to dry before seriously jamming your fingers into places. This technique combined with the formula has allowed the polish to stay on for 10+ days on me. I have a few pics. Yes this is a pain, but worth it. Watch some tv or a movie, study or do something that doesn't require nail bashing and you'll have a great manicure if you have the patience. You could even do one coat every day until you achieve the desired color. Try to resist using a fast dry top coat with this polish; I have noticed the wear is not as durable. The fast dry top coat dries so fast and hard that it becomes brittle and actually promotes chipping.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sherlyyxb

Sorry to be the odd one out of these reviews but I got the Pure White Tip from this line and honestly, it sucked. after a while, it gets sticky. When you put it on your nails, it gets thick and you can't even make a tip out of it. the brush gets so clumpy. I don't know if this is just me but all my other nail polishes seem fine. I'd recommend the Revlon nail polishes. For 20 cents more, I'd just get Revlon.

Pros: Clean Color, Not Sheer at all.
Cons: Expensive for its quality, Clumpy, Thick, Messy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by michyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would of given this product a 5, but the nailpolish isnt really a growth treatment..

I have this in the colour tangerine joy and it's a nice shiny hit pink colour , good quality and I apply 2 coats. I would purchase again! But I think they raised The price... :S