October 24, 2014 | 1122 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Complexion Perfection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

I've had this pressed powder for awhile but due to a hiatus from MUA, I am just now able to write my thoughts on it.

A bit of an 'endangered species' due to being discontinued in HC's purging from the high-end market (recently, the line resurfaced as a Wal-Mart exclusive), you can still flush out this little compact if you're lucky enough. Try TJ Maxx.

Being proudly pale for life, I dug through the discount bin to find this in the lightest shade - Sugar Cookie. In the pan, it presents itself as a very fair beige with a slight but noticeable 'cool-toned' lean. I wouldn't advise warm-toned ladies to use this.

The texture is quite creamy in the pan and brush while on the face, it is a semi-sheer veil that softens the complexion. I think that is the product's best feature actually - its completely grainless texture. It does lend the face a bit of extra coverage against area redness but I don't believe it will be able to account for an ultra-sheer foundation or assist with blemishes.

Because it gives some extra coverage, it will slightly alter the color of your foundation, so if you have an HG that is a DEAD-ON match, skip this.

Don't be lured in by my use of the word 'coverage.' Using this this as a foundation would be an unwise idea as it tends to oxidize a bit when applied with anything more than a very light hand. Kind of odd, really.

Overall, I would say this is a competent little face powder. It seems to hold up decently to sweat and wear, sets foundation nicely, etc. If you can find it, I'd suggest trying it, but it's nothing so mindblowing that you should hunt too hard.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this pressed powder, and am lucky enough to have stocked up before Sephora took out Hard Candy from their cosmetic lineup. And even though now that Hard Candy is offered at Walmart, they don't have a pressed powder! This stuff, is smooth, sheer and not the slightest bit cakey no matter how many touch-ups an oily gal might need. Looks undetectable, and that truly is hard to find in a powder. I use Peanut Butter, which is perfect for my medium tanned skintone. Hopefully HC will bring this little baby back into their lineup!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

I got this from the hard candy website because it was on sale. When I got it, I was really disappointed as soon as I saw the applicator sponge...it really is the flimsiest, saddest looking little sponge I've ever laid eyes on. I'm just glad that the powder isn't as crappy as the sponge. The powder is actually quite good and the shade Oatmeal Cookie is excellent on my NC25 skin. I would definitely considering repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by renemy

This is a good little powder. I am around NC 25-30 and very yellow. I got the Sugar Cookie, which matched me well, though I could probably step it up to Oatmeal Cookie with no problems.
This is a very fine translucent powder which melts right in. I use this along with a bit of concealer in place of foundation and it gives just enough light coverage to even out my skintone. I didn't get any cakiness or chalkiness when applied with a brush.
Update 27jun08: I really like this. I just hit pan on it today! The second thing ever for me to hit pan on! 5 stars!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this after all the great reviews! I got this heavily discounted from a UK website. As everyone else has said, the sponge is utterly useless. I bought Sugar Cookie for my PPP skin, and it turns my face orange immediately after application. I don't have oily skin whatsoever but this does nothing for shine... I have to reapply every half an hour or so & my skin is actually more matte without wearing this! On top of all that the main ingredient is Talc which is super bad for your health. Thank goodness I didn't pay full price, into the bin it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by fififiona

This powder is fantastic. The colour match is perfect and the powder just kind of disappears into my skin and made me look glowy. Do not use the puff enclosed, this will work 100x better if you use a brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2006 8:34:00 AM More reviews by sonak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This presed pwoder matched my skin tone almost perfectly. The coverage is just enough for everyday wear. The only problem is the applicator given with the product is utterly useless. It's a cheap, thin sponge and for the price you pay, Hard Candy can afford to cough up a bit more cash for a better quality applicator. Cheap drugstore pressed powders have better applicators! That being said, the product is actually quite good. I don't particularly like the rectangle packaging because it's hard to get at the corners but it's also slim enough to slip into my miniscule make-up bag in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Sweet_and_Tarty

I was VERY upset when Hard Candy got rid of the Peace powders! I saw the new Complexion Perfection(in Oatmeal Cookie) and figured why not...I think the ppl at Hard Candy are cutting back because compared to the Peace Powder, this little thing had a smaller mirror and a thin, usless (cute) heart shaped sponge. The Peace Powder had a thick, nice sponge with it's own compartment. In this one, you have to lay it ontop of the powder...umm...zit city! (lol) I hate the sponge so I apply the press powder with the Hard Candy blush brush (the biggest brush from the Tools of Attraction kit) and it leaves my skin polished & raidant. It pretty much had the same formula as the Peace Powders but the size is smaller (and it cost the same($15)! Not fair!) Overall, I'm hooked on Hardy Candy press powders...they are my HG. I guess I'm going to stick with this one...darn you ppl at Hard Candy!