December 20, 2014 | 803 users online

Brows - Lancome - Le Crayon Poudre in Natural Blonde

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by oliviachann

I have been using this brow pencil for the past year and have gone through countless of them. The pencil is very soft and it truly is a "powder pencil". Just an FYI, I am Chinese with naturally dark brown hair. I have dyed my hair into a light ash brown color and the shade Natural Blonde works very well. I think its because my brow hairs are very dark so the color mixed with my brow hairs equal the perfect shade. But that's just my theory

I really do like the pencil. It draws on my brows very well and I get very sharp lines that I cant get with a normal powder and brush so I'm very grateful for that. I do think that the pencil snaps very easily so if yours is breaking, look at the sharpener that you're using. I was using a cheap one and it made the pencil break since the blade wasn't sharp enough. I went through half a pencil before I realized so don't make the same mistake as me :(

Despite the price being a little high for an eyebrow pencil, I think I have found my current holy grail brow pencil as the color is one that I've been looking for for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldEllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this, but I think "natural blonde" is the wrong name for it. My mom actually gave it to me because she has blonde hair and it was way too red for her, while I have strawberry blonde/red hair and it looks perfect on me. It's very natural-looking, doesn't fade throughout the day, and stays sharp and creates nice, even lines. The only thing I didn't like was the price, but as long as you don't break it, it will last you a very long time. I'm already on my second pencil because the one my mom gave me didn't have much left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying quite a few eyebrow powders and pencils, this powdery pencil is my favorite. I've used it for over a decade. Though the product is in a wood pencil, it never breaks off. Natural Blonde is perfect for my brows, which are thick only in parts. A pencil is needed to fill them in. The product lasts all day and easily produces a natural looking yet precise line. It's one of my can't-live-without cosmetic items and totally worth the price as one super long pencil will last well over a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by its123me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally a pencil that matches my eyebrows and hair! I'm strawberry/golden blonde, and MAs kept handing me taupe brow pencils--when they even had a blonde pencil. At the Anastasia counter she gave me a taupe pencil (cool, grey, and greenish) and a caramel brow tint (reddish)--I ended up looking like a Christmas decoration! I have since gotten the Blonde color (duh) in the gel, and together with the Natural Blonde pencil have natural looking eyebrows (okay, eyebrows at all).

It is soft, but I found it easy to apply. I am nervous about having to sharpen it, and I guess I need to go buy a Lancome sharpener. I find the spoolie brush helpful and not particularly stiff, so maybe they've changed that.

Would I buy again--definitely! This is the one color that seems to work for me in a pencil. How come Lancome is the only company that realizes that natural blondes have BLONDE eyebrows and not some other color of eyebrows?

The big drawback that this pencil has, other than possible sharpening issues, is that it is way expensive--more even than Anastasia, supposedly the industry leader. But, I'll pay the extra money for beautiful brows.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thank goodness for Joy2uandme's review (under the Taupe color)! If it hadn't been for her, I would have never tried Chantecaille's eyebrow pencil. I had purchased this one and considering the price, wasn't overly impressed. Although the color was light it was a little orangey on me and definitely not a match. The concept is good; powder in a pencil form but the coverage isn't there. This would probably work if you were simply filling in or coloring existing brows but I am "recreating" brows where only skin exists due to over-plucking from when I was younger (damn you Linda Evangelista! lol). I didn't keep it long enough to have to sharpen it so I can't say if it would have fallen apart when I did but I tend to believe that it would have since so many fellow reviewers had a problem with it. If this didn't work for you, try Chantecaille.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by GuysCallMeShawna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a powder in a wooden pencil that has a spoolie on the end of it. The spoolie is stiff and basic but it does the job of blending the powder and brushing hairs into the place. The powder lead is not as soft as and UD eyeliner but not as hard as a maybelline red wooden eyebrow pencil.

My Eyebrows are so light they're almost white. I have honey blonde hair with strawberry blonde highlights. I need to darken my brows or it'd look like I have none.
The description on lancome's website states that this is a soft cool beige taupe but this appears a warm medium blonde color on me so it compliments my hair color well.

I wax my brows more on the thin side because the powder does have a thickening effect which I appreciate since my brows are sparser that the ends. But because I do wax and this does have that thickening effect, I have to be vigilant about regularly waxing them or the thickening effect will just be a disaster with all the incoming strays.

The staying power lasts me the day when I use either UDPP or ELF primer on my brows with ELF clear mascara over it. I get better color pay off and can build the color more with UDPP. Without primer, pencil with elf clear mascara over it lasts about 8 hours until mild fading sets in. This doesn't cake or oxidize on me.

This is pricey at $25 but it lasts me over a year. When I sharpen it I save the powder shavings in an empty gloss pot and apply with an angled brush like ecotools or Real Techniques by Samatha Chapman.

I sharpen only with a lancome sharpener because in the past when I have sharpened my lancome lip pencils with generic or other brand sharpeners, the lead would just break off and would create great waste and hassle. I finally vented to a SA and she informed me that Lancome pencils can only be sharpened with Lancome sharpeners. I don't know if this is still the case but at $25/pop, I am not taking chances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I like this eyebrow pencil because it's soft and applies easily. The color softens my darker brow color. The pencil is expensive, but it lasts a long time and I haven't found any other brand that I like as well. I don't use the brush on the end of the pencil. I've found this pencil works equally well to line my lower lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Nikb1118

This is probably the only makeup item that I have purchased again and again. It is perfect! The color is perfect the pencil is perfect, and it lasts forever! It goes on flawlessly! With medium blond eyebrows I have to fill them in and this is the only pencil I have found that looks natural. I tried the Anastasia pencil and it was awful, it actually made my eybrow hairs come out when I used it. I will always purchase this, thank goodness it usually lasts me like a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by oneofeverycolor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this brow pencil for YEARS. While it is somewhat expensive, it lasts forever so I don't have a problem with the price. Simple to apply and the brow brush helps to blend for a more natural looking brow. IMO it doesn't look drawn on as it is powder in the form of a pencil. Perfect shade that compliments my haircolor perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Alikt

I've been using this pencil for years, and gives me such a great natural color. My brows are so light that they need a little definition, and this color blends well. The consistency is soft, and with the bristle brush I can ensure that the color is distributed evenly. Some reviews mentioned the brush being stiff, but I have never had that experience. I'll continue to use this pencil as long as they keep making it.