November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Infini Curl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Pretty good mascara but it does give a clumpy look (I prefer a clean one). I have this in the burgundy color (somone gave it to me, would have never picked this color by myself) but it often looks violet depending on the light. The packaging is really luxurious. BTW I have had this for at least two years and it's still useable, although of course even more clumpy than it was. It's really easy to remove with an oil based make-up remover but I think a regular one would work just as well. I would perhaps repurchase this in blue.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by dianasheglova

It took me a while to realise that no mascara is good on first few appications! SO the first time I used this I was like this is such a waste of money! However, when I discovered this a few months after I fell completely in love with it!!! It lenghtens, curls, volumises - everything you want from a perfect mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by xicaxeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This one is probably my most favorite mascara ever. First I want to mention that first time I used it it made my lashes very clumpy too (as I saw someone writing it below) and I was very disappointed - BUT I realized that every mascara does this to my lashes when it's brand new (I have no idea why this happens but I hate it). It gets better after like a week or two of use.
Anyways this YSL mascara I personally think is wonderful, it makes my lashes bold and long, simply gorgeous. Plus I love the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my all time favorite mascara and I brought this in blue. It gives the lashes more dramatic look with the extra length (no clumps on lashes). Easy to apply and colour stays on nicely. The electric blue looks really nice on lashes and been getting nice complements on it. Would love to purchase a black one to try out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 6:29:00 AM More reviews by nat84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First thing i checked before buying this product was a wand since imo smaller wand makes it easier to reach all lashes, so thats the first thing i like about it. Since it reaches all lashes as possible, so it could just give volumn more or less (depends on how much you deal with it, in my experience) and im also satisfied with volumn effect.

To make it curl, you will need some force on curling it with eyelash curler (i use Shu Uemura) because with the product itself cant make this effect clear. I have an other product (by artistry) which works incredibly well on curl effect.

This product makes lashes so soft, no clumps at all even with a double coat (i usually apply only 1 coat) The product has kinda flower scent which is stuck on lashes for a few hours and i just like this part cos its refreshing :)

Overall, i wont purchase this product again, but will keep trying some new things even tho i already have my HG product

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ashwal

Just clumped all over my lashes!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2008 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Chubbybunny

again beautiful packaging. beautiful when it goes on. smudges like crazy after 2 hrs. Sorry YSL. your formulas don't work with my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even though it gives your lashes a dramatic look, but it dries out after 2 weeks of use!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by areh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ok, so i'm not usually the type to get sucked into getting retardedly expensive products without checking them out online first, but when i went to a department store opening and the ysl makeup stand had a whole lot of two-for-one sales going on i though this was too good an opporunity to pass up as a) i am a mascara whore lol and b) the sales assisstant told me and my sister the product was really good, so we split the difference.
i really really wanted to like this product, and i've seen a lot of other people online raving about it, but i just don't see what all the fuss is. firstly, its horrible to put on because of you don't get it just right you wind up with a clumpy mess which drives me insane! secondly on the off-chance you do get it right, although it does have quite a nice effect with volume and curl, this doesn't last more than an hour before my lashes are weighed down and the curl's gone, and i wind up with panda eyes by mid-afternoon.
i definitly wouldn't reccommend buying this one, i'm not even going to keep using it. in terms of value for money, this was insane - although i got a deal on it it normally retails for about NZD$50 which is just a rip-off. i would reccommend trying revlon fabulash - you get the same effect for a fraction of the cost and it lasts way longer, but definitly give this one a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2008 5:21:00 AM More reviews by tortoiseshellcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I got this mascara just yesterday so it's early days but so far I'm very impressed. I've been on a bit of a mascara buying splurge of late and nothing has been quite dramatic enough for my liking. I've kept reading the raves about YSL's Faux Cils but have always avoided as I remembered trying it several years ago and not being too impressed. However I decided to give it another go but at the make-up counter noticed the Infini Curl too. Getting the impression it was like the Faux Cils only more curling I tried the Faux Cils on one eye and this on the other. To be honest I liked both but decided the Infini Curl gave longer lashes and more separation (it's always hard to tell when you are using the silly sample brushes at the make-up counter as you only get half the effect).
Upon applying this back at home I am extremely pleased-this gives seriously big lashes! I'm not sure about whether it curls or not as my lashes are dead straight so I always curl them first, but it seems like it will hold a curl which is the most imprtant thing for me. My lashes look dramatic, long, thick and the mascara is a lovely jet black colour.
I can't understand all the poor reviews this gets TBH. I am pretty wowed and I have tried SOOO many mascaras! I'm definitelys sticking to YSL in future-I may give Faux Cils a try at some point but, judging by the results so far I think the Inini Curl may just be my HG....
EDIT: Have since gone off this-after a few amazing applications it ceased to have the same effect, stopped holding a curl and became too heavy to lift my lashes. It's a nice enough mascara but a bit of a let down after such a promising start!