September 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Moisturizers - Elizabeth Arden - Modern SkinCare Daily Moisture SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by hemlatakuhite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this after I finished my clinique DDML countergirl said that it was specially formulated for oily skin. Since the bottle has no pump it is not easy to apply does not feel light gives an oily feeling and my face looks oily and sweaty have to use more powder to make it look normal.I'm definitely going back to clinique DDML

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by risa_topas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really satisfied with this product. I have been looking for a basic moisturizer with SPF and vitamins, etc that is not too expensive and won't cause break outs. This fits the bill perfectly. This is great for combination skin: the consistency is light but it deals well with the dryness in my cheeks. Also, it is not heavily scented, which I really like. Have gone through a couple of bottles now and my skin is looking clear and bright.

Drawbacks are that I seem to go through it quite quickly, and also the bottle is annoying - like everyone else I wish they would sell it in a pump!

Would never pay the full department store price (upwards of $70 in New Zealand!), but it seems to go on sale regularly and you can usually get it with a reasonable discount online.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by mellymel11

I purchased this at tjmaxx for $19.99 as a back up to my clinique moisturizer superdefense because I didn't want to pay another $39 dollars. So far this lotion is nice. I agree with the comments that the consistency is watery and lightweight, The packaging is sthe noth the greatest but the same goes for the clinique. I will say that the clinique is a bit thicker and absorbs in my skin better. But this a good alternative. I will only but it on sale

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by twilightx3

I have been trying different lotions to control my acne. Many products were too oily or not moisturizing enough. This product has been great for the past 5 months! I have used this product since the summer and so far, my skin is less oily, and not dry. My skin does not breakout much anymore. It is winter now, and so far it is working great. The bottle is a bit annoying as you have to pour the lotion out rather than use a pump. The lotion itself just absorbs right into the skin and does not leave your face uncomfortable.

Edit 12/11/09: I began to break out more these past months. I think it was from the lotion not being as sanitary. I have switched lotions and my acne improved...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a lightweight, stable, basic SPF moisturizer that was enjoyable to use, and comforting to my skin in changing conditions. At first [since I'm cost-cutting on cosmetics], I was a little reluctant to pay so much for what should be a staple in my makeup drawer-but I went with EA, for a change from Chanel.

The scent isn't intrusive, and the moisturizer absorbs quickly into my NC, bordering on dry patches, sensitive skin, without any additional stickiness nor residue. It comes in a frosted glass jar, with a screw-top, accented lid. Reasonably portable, although the product is mildly problematic to remove from this type of jar, and would be better served with a pump-style packaging. I guess that my one concern with this kind of jar, would be with contamination.

Nevertheless, this product is pretty good-and actually feels better than my old Chanel SPF. Maybe the change was as good as a vacation, from my skin's perspective. Will update, as the cooler weather progresses into Winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Elizabeth Arden's Daily Moisture Lotion spf15 is a wonderful moisturizer. It comes in a pretty, round, frosted glass jar with a gold accented lid. There is no pump - it just has an open screw-on lid. The consistency, texture and application are DIVINE - feather-lightweight ... almost watery but not quite .... absorbs quickly into skin .... leaves no after-feel or residue .... does NOT have a sunscreen-y scent to it .... just a light scent that disappears quickly after application. It leaves skin soft and hydrated and feeling clean - like all your pores can breathe! I love it! I have oily skin (but my cheeks and eyes can tend towards dryness sometimes) and this works beautifully for me. I think this lightweight moisturizer would work wonderfully for all skintypes because the hydration is definitely there (for dryer skin areas) but it's oil-free and so lightweight that it just absorbs instantly into skin with no heaviness or pore-clogging problems (which is great for oily skin areas!). This moisturizer ALSO has AHAs and BHAs to exfoliate, refine fine lines and wrinkles, and penetrate deeply into pores to removes pore-clogging residue and keep pores clean and SMALL! Using this moisturizer during the day has really helped with my skin texture. I use Elizabeth Arden's Velva Moisture Film at night. LOVE these two products ... very high quality and effective products! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by letjin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use Clinique DDML lotion, and I liked it quite a bit (you can tell how dry my skin is...). I found this at Marshalls for $10, and I thought I'd try it. I'm in love... watery, moisturing, and no irritating smells. I don't have to use other moisturizers on top ever since using this product. SPF 15 is also nice... I don't like their packaging though, sometimes I pour out too much and end up having to put excess on my body (waste!). But overall... I'll kepe repurchasing at Marshalls long as it is availble.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2007 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kana

I got this for free from my manager, or I would've never shelled out that kind of $ for a daily moisturizer. It has spf15, which is okay for winter, but I'd definitely use sth with higher spf in summer. My skin is normal-to-dry, it is moisturizing enough for me even during the cold winter time in Toronto, even though the product is oil-free. The texture is watery compared to other lotions. The one thing I don't like about this product is its packaging. If it is in a pump bottle or a squeeze tube it'd have been better. I always have to hit the bottle upside down against my palm to get the stuff out. I think for its price, they could've done better on the packaging. Won't purchase when this one runs out. Overall, it is a decent moisturizer, it doesn't cause any break-outs on me; but I think i can find better ones at a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by melpomeney

liquidy. light. excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Fiddleheads

A nice, light moisturizer for summer. I'm not a fan of the packaging - a pump (like their calming lotion has) would be a lot better. It disappears on my skin and doesn't cause me to break out. It's pretty expensive though - I paid $56 CDN. I wasn't blown away by it (especially considering the price), but I would buy it again if there was a promotion and I got something else with it!!