October 31, 2014 | 902 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Platinum Day Cream SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by hodetovervannet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

OMG! Avon ANew Platinum Day Creme with SPF 25 has totally SHOCKED me! I have been searching for years for a day moisturizer with SPF that makes my sometimes crepey and dry cheeks look plumped up and firm yet not shiny or sticky. This creme is my favorite I have ever tried including Shishiedo or any other high end moisturizers.

Taken from Avon website:
"ANEW PLATINUM Day Cream SPF 25
ANEW PLATINUM Day Cream SPF 25
Product Details
Reshapes the appearance of the neck for a more youthful look and dramatically reduces the look of deep wrinkles. Formulated with patented Paxillium Technology and Radiescent Microspheres that help to immediately counteract dullness and help restore radiant skin. 92% agree it restores the look of youthful color and radiance to skin.* In 1 day , skin of the delicate neck area looks firmed and feels lifted and supported. In 4 weeks , 74% agree it reshapes the appearance of the neck for a more youthful look and dramatically reduces the look of deep wrinkles.* 1.7 fl. oz. *Based on women who expressed an opinion in a consumer-perception study. TO USE: In the morning, smooth over cleansed face and neck. Apply evenly before sun exposure and as needed. WARNING: For external use only. Children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. If product contacts eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation develops and lasts. May stain certain types of fabrics."

This is all true! I thought it was a fabrication but it's not. It REALLY DOES reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Instantly. I have not found a product this effective on wrinkles in my entire life of searching.

The smell is good, smells like flowers.
Consistency is thick yet not sticky or greasy.
Cost is very fair for the wrinkle fighting and SPF it provides.
Packaging is nice and looks expensive.
Overall 5 stars!

Thanks AVON!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was debating purchasing this - but luckily my Avon rep gave me a sample before I purchased. Sad to say, I will NOT be buying the full-sized product ($38 on sale for $20 with this campaign in 2013). It is far too sticky as Zelora below has said. Takes forever (well, at least several minutes) to absorb and does not do so fully. Too heavy for me. I will stick with Beauticontrol and Skinceuticals. Sorry, Anew Platinum.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Most sunscreen leaves my face dry & I have to layer a moisturizer above or underneath. If you have tried it, you know this takes forever to dry (absorb). This cream takes care of both, and SPF 25 UVA/B. Although putting it too close to the eye caused a bit of discomfort. It absorbed fast, and doesn't leave a shiny coat on the skin. This cream does not have glycolic acid and the smell is a hint of melon, nice glass jar, its always on sale in a combo with the night cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by katy24

I first tried this creamas a trial size& was pleasantly surprised.It is loaded with anumber of plant extracts&4 different sunscreens as well as silicones to smooth out wrinkles.As far as firmimg&wrinkle reduction I give this top grades!!I've been using this for 6 months& it has made a huge difference in my skins appearance.The night cream is even better because it is loaded with glycolic acids& the base the acid is in does not cause sensitivity in my skin.Avon has great skin care for every age group@ affordable prices.You don't even need a rep to buy their products on the website&most of the time they have free shipping!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like to put a moisturizer with sunscreen on every morning. Doing this for many years may have helped to give me a complexion that is in pretty good shape for my age. Avon has had, for years, some of the best creams and lotions that have sunscreen but are also treatments, so being over 60, I thought I'd try the Platinum line.
I've only used it once at this writing (yesterday), but what I noticed was this: it goes on easily and with no problems -- very smooth. I put it on my neck too and that was where I later noticed how sticky this cream had made my skin. When I touched my face I found it too was a bit sticky. I don't like that feeling and that's why I wouldn't buy this cream again. No doubt another Avon day cream with SPF in one of the other lines will work for me. Fortunately I got mine cutrate on eBay.