November 26, 2014 | 1372 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Effet Faux Cils 4 - Fascinating Violet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ewojdula

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wanting a purple/violet mascara really narrows my options; I've tried Dior's (smudges big time) Lola's d/c Auburge (skimpy), and Almay's (clumps). At last I got around to getting this one and it's fantastic. It makes my eyelashes pop, goes on generously, and DOESN'T smuge, which is pretty miraculous. Like previous posters for this product, I have green/hazel eyes and this color, although subtile, tricks them into looking greener. It doesn't scream "violet!", and it is more suttle yet just as enhancing as black.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Sainai

I love this Mascara , it all about volumizing, I bought it 2 times already, however, I am not going back to it as it dried very fast.
when I spend this much money on a mascara I would like it to last at least for 4 ,5 months. this dried out sooo fasttttt :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lulusmith06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this mascara. I have green eyes and they make them pop, but isn't too obvious. People tell me all the time how awesome my eyes look. This stuff is pricey, but it's totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by GoVeganGo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. I have greenish-hazelish eyes, and the subtle violet color makes them very noticable and pretty. I get compliments on the mascara as well - people notice that it has a slight purple hue to it but it clearly isn't over the top. Great find.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am very saddened to say that I was not impressed with this mascara. I wanted to like it very much, tried again and again to wear it but ultimately I took it back and exchanged for something else. The color was amazing, beautiful. It was electric violet out of the tube which freaked me out for a minute or so, but once applied my green eyes went WOWSA!! The formula was thick and clumpy on my lashes and I had to use a lash groomer right after I applied. If the formula dried with lumps and clumps, I couldn't get them out without flakes everywhere. Lashes resembles pointed sticks after two coats and by the end of the day...."Huston, we have smudging" I paid $45 CND which was a stretch for me but I wanted to try it. The sales assistant was very accommodating when I returned it and I exchanged for an eye shadow duo by the same brand. Didn't want to hate, wanted to participate, but it wasn't meant to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by GeminisMommy

Jumping on the bandwagon here. I LOVE this mascara. My eyes can range from hazel to chocolate brown depending on the lighting, what I wear, my mood, the price of tea in China, etc. This mascara takes my eyes to another level no matter the color they have chosen to be. The color is so subtle, it is appropriate for any setting without saying "80s Punk Rocker", yet is so dramatic, people will stop and ask what you have done differently because they know something is different, but they just can't put a finger on it. While initially expensive, I feel it is worth it for the effect on my eyes AND the fact the formulation stays fresh without drying or clumping until the entire tube is used up. (Unlike most mascaras that dry out halfway through or sooner). *This mascara is magic.*

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by flonkerton

LOVE the color, but not an HG mascara for me. It's a good mascara overall, but you can definitely find something that will give you the same performance and lash enhancement for cheaper.

I honestly can't find colored mascaras worth $30, no matter how pigmented they are. It's fun for going out and when I wear purple lashes, but not regular days. I would've been willing to shell out $19.50 for the Estee Lauder ones, but alas, they have been discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by airickuh

Faux Cils in Violet is my HG mascara for green eyes and has been for a couple years. I am lucky enough to have nice lashes to work with; this is a great lengthening mascara to enhance them into OMG territory. It's spendy, so I only buy it in Violet and use something less expensive for black mascara. I've also purchased the burgundy as a gift for a blue-eyed pal. The violet is noticeable, but still subtle enough for daytime. The formula works well throughout the life of the product, as opposed to some mascaras that get clumpy after a couple of weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by chivis22juan

hg mascara, stays fresh for a long time and the color makes my green eyes pop like crazy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, wow, I love this stuff. I have blue/green eyes and this color really makes them pop. Horribly expensive, especially since I have sensitive eyes and absolutely must toss mascara tubes every 3 to 6 months but this is worth every penny. Lovely texture and smooth application, but the color is the big seller. It's a subtle violet, easy to wear, a good choice if black is too harsh for you. Now, of course, I want some of the other colors...